SiN Episodes: Emergence Ep1

DisrupTer911

[H]ard|Gawd
ok...i've got quite a dilema here.

this is my second copy of this game, bought from 2 different stores.

one from Bestbuy, one from Gamestop.

both installations won't work b/c each time, I get the following error. both discs give me the same error at the same point.

error.jpg

how could it be that 2 games discs, from 2 different stores have the same error. anyone else getting this? i'm really ticked b/c i wana play!

i've even tried install just original SIN. nothing. then I tried just Sin EP1 and nothing. now i tried it with Steam open and nothing.

both discs are perfectly clean and free of scratches or dmg. arg!!! :mad: :mad:

Sounds more like you are having a hardware problem with either the CD/DVDrom drive or possibly could be ram not operating properly. Have you been having problems with things crashing lately? If not then it most likely not the ram but you never know. I doubt 2 cd's from 2 different places could both be bad from retail.

i havn't had any crashes lately. actually none that I can think of.

I installed HL2 Ep1 without a problem.

dvds play fine
cds play fine

every other game i have plays fine, I tested them all to make sure the drive wasn't messing up.

if my RAM wasn't operating properly...would there be other symptoms? slow opening of programs, slowly decreasing performance. things like that?

AKNF, I dont think that was a very helpful response. He's surely frustrated and does'nt want to shell out another 20 bucks. I would look on the Steam community forums and see what other people are saying about this error. Good luck.

Have you tried copying the entire cd/dvd to the hard drive and installing it from there? Maybe it doesnt like reading the cab file from the dvd.

fire up steam, hit register purchased product or whatever, type in your serial, then just DL it.

always use the distrobution method that the game was designed for ;)

Occidio said:
Have you tried copying the entire cd/dvd to the hard drive and installing it from there? Maybe it doesnt like reading the cab file from the dvd.

yup. tried that too. no luck.

I gave in and just downloaded it through steam LOL

thanks for the help guys

Back