Sin Episodes: Emergence @ $4.99 on Steam

Mr. Miyagi

2[H]4U
I remember seeing this when it was first released but forgot about it. It's now this week's deal on Steam. Has anyone played it? I was thinking about picking it up.

Never heard of it, but for $4.99 I ordered it too. :)

I recently picked up D2+Expansion and Painkiller. I have enough for now :>

its really a pretty fun game ,the problem is that the company that made it has been disbanded :(

It is a good game but the story will never be completed so be prepared to be disappointed. The price is about what its worth. :(

It is a good game but the story will never be completed so be prepared to be disappointed. The price is about what its worth. :(

It was pretty good fun I have to say, there was some fucking brilliant ideas in this game. You get ammo for the shotgun later on in the episode which ricochets around corners, so you bounce your shots around corners into peoples face, extremely fun.

You get attacked by jetpack troopers and if you're a good shot and can hit the tanks on their backs they go spinning off in all different directions.

And like the previous Sin games theres some really good bosses :)

I bought it when it came out, when episodic content was supposed to be the future. Funny how that didn't really take off... I really enjoyed the game though.

At 5 bucks it's 100% worth it. It's like Half Life 2 but more old fashioned 'shooting'-focused gameplay. And it's got two really hot game chicks in it (one friendly and one evil) :p Too bad we won't be seeing more of the series.
Maybe valve will resurrect the franchise at some point? That would be great :D

The package also comes with the Original SiN and SiN multiplayer which is alone worth the price of entry.

This was a fun little game when it came out. The AI adjusted to your play style, and the environments seemed fairly varied as I recall. For $5 you can't go wrong, really.

I grabbed it because I heard it was only about 3 hours to finish. I can play through any mindless shooter for 3 hours.

If it was 10 hours to beat it, I probably would've passed due to my OCD in finishing games.

I grabbed it because I heard it was only about 3 hours to finish. I can play through any mindless shooter for 3 hours.

If it was 10 hours to beat it, I probably would've passed due to my OCD in finishing games.
wow, Im the opposite. I hate short games and never play more than an hour or so at a time. Emergence is a an easy straightforward game so you should fly right through it.

I beat the game in under 3 hours.

For $5, I'd say it's worth it. It's not a bad game, but it's not that great, either.

wow, Im the opposite. I hate short games and never play more than an hour or so at a time. Emergence is a an easy straightforward game so you should fly right through it.
Well my backlog is 100+, so I don't have time to trudge through a long mediocre game. I can play a lot of short mediocre games though. :)

I liked it a lot. The survival mode is particularly fun. I still have it installed actually.

Back