Sims 3 - Stupid Fireman!!!

ripken204

[H]ard|Gawd
:mad: why me! this is what i get when i tinker with my tv! i get dead.

Screenshot.jpg

rofl @ the oddly placed painting and the naked guy on fire with the fireman running around outside.

I was unaware that people burnt like that. What your sim playing with gasoline before this blaze occurred?

I was unaware that people burnt like that. What your sim playing with gasoline before this blaze occurred?

If you tinker with an electronic to improve it in some way (unbreakable, more fun etc.) there's a chance you cause a small explosion, charring your body for the day.

I just don't get the sims. Really seriously whats wrong with your life why would you want to simulate one.

I just don't get the sims. Really seriously whats wrong with your life why would you want to simulate one.

Same could be said for pretty much any game. Just because you don't "get it" doesn't mean it's a crappy concept.

what happened is that i was tinkering with my tv, then a spark i believe light the floor on fire, so i told my guy to run over to the phone on the table there and call the fire department, on his way to the phone he ran thru the fire on the floor... and somehow managed to still call the fire department with fire on his back.

Same thing could be said about WoW. Why would you want to simulate a digital life and digital 10 hour work days, grinding away, only to have Patch Day nerf your class. No longer flavor of the month.

Why would anyone want to play Sim City? I mean, if you want to build a city just become an architect, right?

In any case, I played the Sims 3 until 3:00 AM last night. I had an author/painter dude and he was a Journalist pretty high up there, something like $100/hr. But then at home I could write novels on the computer and make enough to pay the bills, yet not enough to advance and build an addition to the house or buy improved everything. I then tried to make a 3 person hacker family (daughter, father, mother) but I screwed up the save game (hint: don't save all your games with the same names like SUNSET VALLEY).

I've totally ignored the socializing aspect of the game for the most part, I'm not sure if kissing the boss' ass gives faster promotions. Never had a fire yet, either, so I can't sympathize with your fireman with crap pathing.

P.S: The game, graphically, looks impressive.

If that picture is at the best graphic settings, then hasn't been much improvement in 3

what happened is that i was tinkering with my tv, then a spark i believe light the floor on fire, so i told my guy to run over to the phone on the table there and call the fire department, on his way to the phone he ran thru the fire on the floor... and somehow managed to still call the fire department with fire on his back.

Next time use the cell phone in your inventory. :p My sim managed to catch the grill on fire 3 times back to back before I gave up and had her eat a sandwich.

OP, do you have the Handy trait?

I recall that having Handy as a trait ables you to fix electronics properly.

If that picture is at the best graphic settings, then hasn't been much improvement in 3

Uhh, look at the dynamic lighting from the fire on the base of the easel.
I found out today that mirrors actually reflect world.
Realistic shadows correspond to the time of day and "move" relative to the sun.
Yep, no difference. :rolleyes:
However, I don't remember playing Sims 2, but graphics are a moot point.
What I really like the the ability to place thing slanted/diagonally.

So let's not bag on the game because it isn't Crysis. :rolleyes:

time to go play nethack

Last edited:

No that's a zoomed in shot. I've played all three and trust me there is much improvement to the graphics over 2.

I guess most of you failed basic reading comprehension.. I never said it was a crappy concept and neither did I say I played WoW.

The only thing I really liked doing in The Sims was making my Sim go for a swim, then closing in the walls around the swimming pool so that there was no way for him to get out, so he would just swim back and forth until he died.

I also made a room with no windows and just a toilet to see how long he would live. I tossed it up, threw in a fridge.

I loved playing that game way back in the day.

I liked building the houses. As soon as it got to the point where I had to play the game I lost interest.

The only thing I really liked doing in The Sims was making my Sim go for a swim, then closing in the walls around the swimming pool so that there was no way for him to get out, so he would just swim back and forth until he died.
Yeah, same here. Though I usually just sold the ladder :D .

Also rounded up half a dozen of my neighbours in a little room with no doors or windows and watched them starve to death curled up on the floor in a pool of their own urine (or maybe someone else's... hard to keep track of it all).

I think there's something wrong with me... :(

I have now learned not to laugh at the misadventures of other peoples sims.
Results of first try at boosting the tvs channels.
sims1.jpg

Results of second try.....She didnt get back up this time:(
sim2z.jpg

ripken204's picture - Fallout 3 TV causes death, it would seem. :p

Marvin_78's pictures - Ouch in the second picture. :eek:

Looks like the OP only had one door, anyone think that didn't help the situation?

The Sims 3 is using the extra computing power people have now over what they had when Sims 2 came out for something else besides better graphics.

While they are somewhat better, the primary improvement is that the entire town is running all at the same time. You can have one of your Sims at home, one of them in someone else's home, zoom up from one house, down to the other, and there's your other Sim doing whatever.

I end up doing this all the time, one of my Sims is a Kleptomaniac and I send him out stealing every night, which is far more lucrative than his actual job. Meanwhile, the others in the family are busy cooking up dinner for him, so he'll have something to eat when he comes home with that new car/big screen tv/flower pot. (You can't tell them exactly what to steal, they grab something at random which is nearby them)

Reminds me of the one time I played the Sims. First, my character got up in the middle of the night to make a snack. He set the kitchen on fire. He was too poor to have a fire extinguisher, or a phone. So the entire house was destroyed.

In my next house. I walled in one character and put a telephone in the room. She kept calling for pizza because she was hungry, but couldn't answer the door.

I would also wait until the people got into the pool, then I would take away their ladder.

ok so i got this game

i made my sim go swimming, but she wont get out of the pool by herself. I have to tell her to get out.

she keeps fucking drowning...wtf

OMG can't put out fire, wall in the way!! But all kidding aside, I just can't get past the way the sims actually look. They're doughy and puffy-looking, like they all have a case of the bloats.

The Sims 3 is using the extra computing power people have now over what they had when Sims 2 came out for something else besides better graphics.

While they are somewhat better, the primary improvement is that the entire town is running all at the same time. You can have one of your Sims at home, one of them in someone else's home, zoom up from one house, down to the other, and there's your other Sim doing whatever.

I end up doing this all the time, one of my Sims is a Kleptomaniac and I send him out stealing every night, which is far more lucrative than his actual job. Meanwhile, the others in the family are busy cooking up dinner for him, so he'll have something to eat when he comes home with that new car/big screen tv/flower pot. (You can't tell them exactly what to steal, they grab something at random which is nearby them)
wow how do u get your sim to steal stuff?

Back