Simple question...Z5500's for $230 shipped?

DogChainX

[H]ard|Gawd
My current z5300's wired remote is starting to have problems. Since the power button doesn't work I have to short the circuit to turn the speakers on, the volume knob doesn't work half the time, and the headphone jack doesn't work. Logitech doesn't send out replacements parts for these speakers, and I can't find a wired remote replacement anywhere.

So, I have two options.

1-$100 for z5300e replacements from Logitech (shipped)
2-$234 for z5500 from Dell after coupon code. (shipped)

Yeah, so you're asking yourself why I even bother to ask this question...just go with the z5500's right? Here is what I don't like about them:

1- huge arse woofer. I can't fit this under my desk. I'll either have to run wire to my closet to put it in there, or do some major moving of desks, etc.
2- Booming of the woofer (from heresy). My z5300's have a lot of boom to the bass...its not a good boom either. The z5500's woofer is huge, and unless its a CLEAN bass i won't like it.
3- I won't use the power. I rarely turn my z5300's up past 25%.
4- Price. $134 more.

Why would i want the z5500's? Pride, and the ability to hook in optical in (PS3, Xbox 360, etc).

Opinions?:)

just an update. I bought the Z5500's. I'll post a short review once I've had them for a bit. :cool:

The 5500 are good speakers which serve a niche. I think you'll be happy with your set up. Post pics in the systems thread and make sure to write a short review on it. I'm sure it will be useful to a ton of people looking to buy the same system.

;)

I got the Z-5500 from dell with the 20% paypal deal. So far I love them coming from cheap Altec Lansing 5.1 speakers. For digital connections the Z-5500 only has 1 optical and 1 coax input so for X360 and PS3 you'll have to share the optical input. A home theater receiver would be better suited for consoles, but the Z-5500 are probably easier for PC users. The subwoofer is indeed huge but you can adjust sub, surround, and center levels to better fit your taste.

Back