?Simpew way change Raid 0 to single SSD

10garem

n00b
I7 - OS Windows 7 Anyone know of product / program I could buy to change from two 128gb ssd in Raid 0 to Single ssd.

I am looking for program that would make this simple - Idiot proof if possible. I have Acronis True Image 2014 Premium - Excellent program

Computer was set up with Raid 0 when we bought it. Now from my research & reading changing to one single ssd is
very complicated for average person, could be nightmare.

Not sure I have enough faith have local computer service do this.

Any & all suggestions appreciated

Last edited:
Have you tried Acronis yet? It is very simple. Both Western Digital and Seagate have customized versions that they give for free just for purposes like this. It's pretty idiot proof if you just follow the wizard.

I think where the issue usually comes about with this is:
1. hes not going from 2 SSDs in RAID 0 to a 3rd single SSD so he will need a place to store the image so he can grab it to put back on one of the individual SSDs

2. If step 1 doesn't go well he is screwed because his Raid0 is gone
3. If the controller is in RAID mode you should set it back to AHCI, but this can be a pain to get set correctly in a windows installation that was already running off a controller set in the bios to RAID. ( this is the least of the worries because it should run fine even if it is lef tin RAID mode.)

Personally I would not attempt this unless you have a 3rd SSD you can push the image to or you have excellent backups and are prepared to reinstall from scratch.

You don't need to set it from RAID to AHCI? You can run a single disk just fine on a controller set to RAID.

You don't need to set it from RAID to AHCI? You can run a single disk just fine on a controller set to RAID.

This is true, I had a situation where Samsung magician kept telling me the bios was not setup correctly for an SSD, this was an older version, but it was still annoying. As I said you dont have to change it and it is minor

I think I had an issue because it was a much older board and at the time TRIM did not work right when not set to AHCI.

Thanks as your replies has given me a completely different outlook on this and confidence try doing this again. 7-8 months ago I gave up because of problems from trying change from Raid0 to AHCI and I feared as zaniix stated: If step 1 doesn't go well he is screwed because his Raid0 is gone.

1st I have all data on storage drive, I am going try Clone 2 ssd which are in Raid0 to another single sata drive and if that goes ok I will Clone to new ssd.

Thanks again

You will need to activate windows again? Make sure you have what is required for this.. Creatign an image and then copying that image back is trivial matter.. As long as you have larger hard drive or storage you can save the image onto.. But if you forget about the activation then you could end up buying a retail copy of win7..

Back