SimCity V (2013) - screens/artwork and information

According to their Twitter feed, takes them about 4 hours to do a server hardware upgrade, pretty decent turnaround time from offline to online. It's too bad the software team can't be as quick in patching the AI.

I'd actually be interested in knowing what kind of hardware modifications they are doing.

It's great and all that they added a test server too...but it would be nice to know what features exactly are being tested that aren't in the live servers.

So what you're saying is that everyone should buy the game then immediately request a refund?

Just saying glad I got my money back for this garbage and I won't be upset when/if they finally figure out they need to disable my key.

You mean the regional play with broken commuting, broken resource sharing, broken RCI reporting and sharing, broken trade marke, often broken gifting, and broken ability to even find others to play with? :D

Seems like that's pretty much been fixed - all weekend long I had no problem with shared resources, etc, between regions, but last week it was completely hit or miss. They still haven't fixed the AI issues, but at least resource sharing seems to be working (or else I've been lucky all weekend).

MavericK96 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by roaf85

But since you are still playing technically you are stealing.

So if someone brings something over to your place and then just leaves it there, suddenly you've "stolen" it? Amazing logic...

wait, what? Im sure you could google an analogy that relates much better ;)

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

EA/Origin won't likely disable those keys. They have a potential DLC buyer right there. If they sell ONE, they break even, something they couldn't get if they simply lost the customer all together. If they sell TWO, they've broken a small profit.

Loved this game at first. It just isn't fun anymore. Issues still persist and the game is still dumbed down from what it was. Returning for sure.

So can someone tell me, do Disasters just not ranodmly happen or do you have to choose them?

I ask this because I acquired a lot of trash and I unlocked the big Godzilla like disaster, but that was it, it didn't appear or "happen" randomly, it just "unlocked" and then I could decide when and where to cause it to happen.

Doesn't that take part of the fun out of most disasters? I mean I did have an earthquake at one point, but it's the only thing that's happened in my 11'ish hours spent on a city, no cool disasters or anything really unexpected.

So can someone tell me, do Disasters just not ranodmly happen or do you have to choose them?

I ask this because I acquired a lot of trash and I unlocked the big Godzilla like disaster, but that was it, it didn't appear or "happen" randomly, it just "unlocked" and then I could decide when and where to cause it to happen.

Doesn't that take part of the fun out of most disasters? I mean I did have an earthquake at one point, but it's the only thing that's happened in my 11'ish hours spent on a city, no cool disasters or anything really unexpected.

They happen randomly. I've had an earth quake, a tornado a few times, and alien abductions so far that I know of. I leave my city going when I afk for awhile to rack up the $$$, have 23m currently and that is after gifting around 11m to myself in other cities lol.

How do you join someone else's game? Everytime I load a region all the cities already have mayors.

Or is this just another bug?

I've purchased things before, then got a refund and was allowed to keep the item. That doesn't mean I stole it.

Seriously hope the game you all bought becomes playable soon. This just seems downright ridiculous

Ok now i am seriously pissed. finally had a stable city of 200k and had a nuclear plant which i had been running for a few days. I have a grade school a high school and a university. so my education lvl was fine. then out of the blue it goes unsafe. i think to my self oh its just a blip ill give it a few min. BOOM!! my city is fucked. i can't make jeans or tails of why it went unsafe. Regardless i will never use nuclear power again.

I've purchased things before, then got a refund and was allowed to keep the item. That doesn't mean I stole it.

What was that...a fast food item?

I highly doubt everyone getting refunds for this game was just allowed to keep the item. More than likely someone fucked up in this case, which is fine. But if no one told that you could keep the item and you have your money back and are still playing the game just waiting for the day to come when the game gets turned off then thats the problem with the refund process.

I am not saying we should all be white knights here, but this is explicitly why companies refuse to give out refunds on digital software/products.

Ok now i am seriously pissed. finally had a stable city of 200k and had a nuclear plant which i had been running for a few days. I have a grade school a high school and a university. so my education lvl was fine. then out of the blue it goes unsafe. i think to my self oh its just a blip ill give it a few min. BOOM!! my city is fucked. i can't make jeans or tails of why it went unsafe. Regardless i will never use nuclear power again.

You are betting off just starting over. It is almost impossible to recover from a nuclear meltdown, but really isn't that the case with real life, although the meltdown shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Now what I do is just either set up a wind town or a Oil/Coal power town and buy energy for that.

I highly doubt everyone getting refunds for this game was just allowed to keep the item. More than likely someone fucked up in this case, which is fine. But if no one told that you could keep the item and you have your money back and are still playing the game just waiting for the day to come when the game gets turned off then thats the problem with the refund process.

I am not saying we should all be white knights here, but this is explicitly why companies refuse to give out refunds on digital software/products.

Probably because EA/Maxis are too busy running around trying to fix their broken servers and code to go and hit the "Update Valid Game Keys"switch on their authentications servers.

Occasionally mega sales on games accidentally get posted and people grab keys for a penny because someone fatfingered "$10.00" into "$00.01"....and it takes hours or a day for those sold and activated game keys to get bricked.

I may be rationalizing here but I believe EA/Maxis sold me something entirely different than advertised. In addition to that the game still is bugged as hell and still does not work as intended. I'm not saying we should be able to keep playing the game but the truth is if things were as they advertised and working I would not have asked for refund.

I may be rationalizing here but I believe EA/Maxis sold me something entirely different than advertised. In addition to that the game still is bugged as hell and still does not work as intended. I'm not saying we should be able to keep playing the game but the truth is if things were as they advertised and working I would not have asked for refund.

Understandable. I am not arguing your chance to ask for a refund. That is your right. What I am arguing is the fact that whoever did it keeps playing it with the attitude like "well this game is a piece of shit glad I got a refund, I will keep playing this till they turn it off and then when they do oh well".

Shit like that makes vendors not want to offer refunds. I am not saying it is his fault they haven't turned off the key, just that it is shady to keep using the service.

Understandable. I am not arguing your chance to ask for a refund. That is your right. What I am arguing is the fact that whoever did it keeps playing it with the attitude like "well this game is a piece of shit glad I got a refund, I will keep playing this till they turn it off and then when they do oh well".

Shit like that makes vendors not want to offer refunds. I am not saying it is his fault they haven't turned off the key, just that it is shady to keep using the service.

EA could remove the game from people who got refunds but I just do not see them doing it. Like another poster mentioned there is a chance that someone who got the game for "free" will still purchase DLC. Instead of looking at it as stealing, look at it as a promotion.

Who knows what will happen though. If they do deactivate my key I will not be mad at all. I will probably buy the game again when it hits 5$ or 10$.

Remember though this game is still in BETA.

Probably because EA/Maxis are too busy running around trying to fix their broken servers and code to go and hit the "Update Valid Game Keys"switch on their authentications servers.

Occasionally mega sales on games accidentally get posted and people grab keys for a penny because someone fatfingered "$10.00" into "$00.01"....and it takes hours or a day for those sold and activated game keys to get bricked.
I got a Far Car pack with every game including 3 for £3.49 haha. Still need to install it tho.

No idea how he typed £3.49 when it went up to £70 after.

No, its their fault for not having the infrastructure in place which makes them look even more thieving.

EA could remove the game from people who got refunds but I just do not see them doing it. Like another poster mentioned there is a chance that someone who got the game for "free" will still purchase DLC. Instead of looking at it as stealing, look at it as a promotion.

Who knows what will happen though. If they do deactivate my key I will not be mad at all. I will probably buy the game again when it hits 5$ or 10$.

Remember though this game is still in BETA.

That the thing. It isn't in BETA. You may think it is in BETA because it feels buggy, but it wouldn't be the first game to be released that has bugs. The game is pretty complex.

It isn't a promotion someone fucked up not removing the key, however I don't believe it is just some switch that happens.

I believe honestly first level CSRs can't just remove games from your profile without there being a accounts payable/receivable return to go along with this.

I think the problem that a lot of retailers have with software returns.

The problem with EA is that they had a hardline stance against refunds. If the server wasn't working the correct thing would have been to set up a process for refunds. Even Blizzard did a help page for issuing refunds with Diablo 3.

No, its their fault for not having the infrastructure in place which makes them look even more thieving.

You are 100 percent right. I mean when I had my car broken into years ago and filed police reports/took my car in for repairs had to pay things out of pocket to replace the stolen items I totally can equate that experience to not being able to play a game for 3-4 days.

Christ you people. Its like you guys buy a video game and it doesn't work for a few days and suddenly it is the same experience as if you walked in on your wife getting raped or your parents getting killed.

That the thing. It isn't in BETA. You may think it is in BETA because it feels buggy, but it wouldn't be the first game to be released that has bugs. The game is pretty complex.

It isn't a promotion someone fucked up not removing the key, however I don't believe it is just some switch that happens.

I believe honestly first level CSRs can't just remove games from your profile without there being a accounts payable/receivable return to go along with this.

I think the problem that a lot of retailers have with software returns.

The problem with EA is that they had a hardline stance against refunds. If the server wasn't working the correct thing would have been to set up a process for refunds. Even Blizzard did a help page for issuing refunds with Diablo 3.

If you have actually played the game, it is still in beta. Almost every aspect of the game is bugged.

Bitter much? I've gotten plenty of stuff I ordered online or mail order throughout the years that, instead of the seller wanting to deal with a return, they just told me I could keep it. I guess I was stealing from those people as well if I did anything other than throw the product in the trash. Give me a break. If Amazon didn't want to give me a refund, they would not have done it. They were well aware that they could not disable the key.

Bitter much? I've gotten plenty of stuff I ordered online or mail order throughout the years that, instead of the seller wanting to deal with a return, they just told me I could keep it. I guess I was stealing from those people as well if I did anything other than throw the product in the trash. Give me a break. If Amazon didn't want to give me a refund, they would not have done it. They were well aware that they could not disable the key.

Yea because that is just a loaded statement. I sell stuff online and if I sold something for 5 to 10 dollars i would just tell someone to keep it too as the shipping cost to either refund or make you pay wouldn't be worth it.

This is a 60 dollar game and you are assuming Amazon won't disable it. They might not, but continuing to play something that now you didn't pay for is shady or have an agreement with the seller is shady.

Yea because that is just a loaded statement. I sell stuff online and if I sold something for 5 to 10 dollars i would just tell someone to keep it too as the shipping cost to either refund or make you pay wouldn't be worth it.

This is a 60 dollar game and you are assuming Amazon won't disable it. They might not, but continuing to play something that now you didn't pay for is shady or have an agreement with the seller is shady.

The real question is, why do you care so much? I don't think anyone is suggesting that people go buy the game and then get a refund because you'll get a free game.

I don't understand HOW they don't have the infrastructure in place to turn off keys, what with the online drm and everything...

I don't understand HOW they don't have the infrastructure in place to turn off keys, what with the online drm and everything...

Its not that they don't have the infrastructure to do so there is probably just no process defined from the CSR or support desk level. That is the mistake here.

Back