SimCity V (2013) - screens/artwork and information

Wow I can't fucking believe anyone that worked on this game thought cloud save only was a good idea.

Seriously wtf. If I quit the game or go to the main menu, it doesn't even save my city now on the Euro servers. And the game crashes within 15 minutes on them. Can't even get back into my city that was hopefully saved on West 1 because it's "busy." Utterly retarded.

It was pretty fun while I could actually play, but damn the city sizes are even smaller than I remember in the beta I played. Almost covered the entire map within maybe 2 hours? And I build slow as hell.

Despite the issues, the game is a ton of fun and very challenging. I expected this to happen. No reason anyone should be surprised by issues on day 1. Now if the server issues persist for multiple days, then yes something is not right. But I got a good 4-5 hours of solid gameplay in.

Hopefully they add more servers. But guess what, while you were playing for several hours people were waiting to join the server. I was able to get about two hours in but now have waited an hour in the queue that keeps starting over. :mad:

Hopefully they add more servers. But guess what, while you were playing for several hours people were waiting to join the server. I was able to get about two hours in but now have waited an hour in the queue that keeps starting over. :mad:

Stop waiting. I waited 45 mins. Got back in and the game crashed 5 mins later. :mad:

epic fail. ima hop on that bandwagon and say fuck you EA.

they did add more servers.. you wait 20 minutes, failed to login retry.. boom another 20 minutes added

So the 1 hour beta play time limit didn't scare any of you away?

I avoided this like the plague. How many times must we learn the same lesson? Forced online DRM fucking ruins games and so far only Valve seems to do cloud saving right. Even months after Diablo 3 was supposedly "fixed" I ran into login problems and still do from time to time.

Another shining example of what a trash heap EA has become. I love it when people champion them so they can continually be disappointed by them each time a major game like this releases and pisses everyone off.

Last edited:
So glad I cancelled my pre-order. Will probably pick up on a sale in a month or two.

Well, I've given up on the live chat. Been two hours. I guess I'll let the live chat queue run at work tomorrow, and if I don't get in, I'll do a chargeback.

I've learned my lesson.

I finally got in on "Europe West 2" and everything went pretty smoothly. I played for 5 hours straight... damn time flew by. That is saying something about the game though!

I finally got in on "Europe West 2" and everything went pretty smoothly. I played for 5 hours straight... damn time flew by. That is saying something about the game though!

soon as you exit, the next time you fire it will. you'll download a small client update which crashes randomly when you click on anything. nothing saves since its cloud save only.

My computer fucked me....ive been playing without issue until I tried to look up the help file which sent me back to my desktop. My DP-DVI adapter stops working on occasion when switching resolutions and when that happens it puts each monitor resolution at something ridiculous like 800x600...which is like a 3 inch sized window on a 25 inch screen....definitely a pain in the ass. Anyways, I have to completely shutdown my computer to fix the issue. Try to get back on and here I am stuck with you guys waiting on a busy server message.

Plus side, I raped my citizens before kicking them out. I bulldozed all city services and pulled in like 30k in taxes while my city ate itself to pieces. Funny thing is, I was at like 80k citizens when I started this and by the time I decided to start razing everything else, my population had ballooned to 120k....no water, no power, no nothing....id bulldoze an abandoned building and a new one would pop up right away. Eventually, I got every bulldozed and had a nearly brand new start with 1.7 mil. Needless to say, I built a much better city this time around.

I saw this coming from day one of the Beta. Some of you will NEVER learn. This is such a massive step down from SC4 in everyway possible it is not even funny.

Hilarious.

My computer fucked me....ive been playing without issue until I tried to look up the help file which sent me back to my desktop. My DP-DVI adapter stops working on occasion when switching resolutions and when that happens it puts each monitor resolution at something ridiculous like 800x600...which is like a 3 inch sized window on a 25 inch screen....definitely a pain in the ass. Anyways, I have to completely shutdown my computer to fix the issue. Try to get back on and here I am stuck with you guys waiting on a busy server message.

Plus side, I raped my citizens before kicking them out. I bulldozed all city services and pulled in like 30k in taxes while my city ate itself to pieces. Funny thing is, I was at like 80k citizens when I started this and by the time I decided to start razing everything else, my population had ballooned to 120k....no water, no power, no nothing....id bulldoze an abandoned building and a new one would pop up right away. Eventually, I got every bulldozed and had a nearly brand new start with 1.7 mil. Needless to say, I built a much better city this time around.

Yes, this is quite the simulator... lmao

lol. I am stuck on 260k citizens. All my streets are High density streets. I think this game is made to be played with others. Because you will run out of resources and you absolutely need other cities to be viable IMHO since you need them to have tourist and trade. That or you cant spend a lot of time building up many different cities from scratch.

soon as you exit, the next time you fire it will. you'll download a small client update which crashes randomly when you click on anything. nothing saves since its cloud save only.

Anyone else having this same issue?

I played for 5 hours last night. Hopped on around midnight and I can play for about 15 minutes and it crashes to desktop everytime.

Anyone else having this same issue?

I played for 5 hours last night. Hopped on around midnight and I can play for about 15 minutes and it crashes to desktop everytime.

It doesnt crash for me but so far I have had some weird syncing issue. Other than the stupid DRM. The gameplay is solid so subtracting 2 points for DRM and server issues I give this game a solid 8. I played 9hrs today and time flew by lol. In fact I didnt notice how much time went by I had to call a co-worker to take over my shift on my second job lol.

Well its 2:28am PST and trying to resume my cities just results in "Unable to load the city at this time". What a bunch of crap.

Well over half an hour later nothing but the same error messages still. Can't join anyone else's region or start a new one either. feh

All Im reading here and everywhere else is about this horrible DRM. I have seen some bad DRM before, but this looks game breaking.

I am having a hard time figuring out how to sell my resources, such as power, water, etc, to neighboring cities. Is excess automatically for sell to other cities? What happens if you need to consume more of your own resources? Do the other cities that are buying from you get cut?

I also saw how you could volunteer services such as garbage trucks. The panel made it look like you would get paid for this, but that doesn't exactly sound like volunteering. Do you get paid for this or not?

I'm seeing a ton of veteran forum users posting in here all saying the same thing.

Just logged on and Im having no problems. Just saying.

Tried a couple times yesterday with no luck at all, but tried again today and it seems to work alright.

edit: Just wanted to update this post because a while afterwards it wasn't working again. I've stopped playing it and will wait until they (hopefully) get things straightened out.

Last edited:
Are all servers in sync together or do you have to login to the same server for your cities?

I haven't had any issues. The only time I received an error was when I left the game running at the menu screen overnight, it wouldn't let me connect to my city, but I closed the game, reopened it, and it was fine.

I have a few hours into my first city and have found that my road construction has limited me with traffic. It isn't terrible as I built some avenues to go around the city, but I am also running out of room and I only have 37,xxx people! Hopefully other maps/locations are bigger.

Back