SimCity V (2013) - screens/artwork and information

lets get back to discussing the game, less whining from you fat kids

You know, maybe some of us have some self respect. Even if it is just some silly game that we throw our disposable income at, it's still something. I'm sorry that you've come to that point in life where you simply do not care about any shred of pride or "fairness" when it comes to the things you spend your money on. Perhaps because you earn your money too easily? Or perhaps because your priorities are elsewhere?

Either way, a negative opinion is just as valid as a positive one, given that is based around truth. And that is my biggest problem with companies like EA. I have ZERO problem with them being greedy. I have zero problem with them wanting to make money. But when they lie, I have a problem. And they do this in spades. Daily. If you were to ask any dev, any company man; they would all tell you that the new SimCity is the best ever, that smaller cities are just as good as bigger ones, that deleting buildings when bulldozing roads is vital to the game, that these bugs will fixed ASAP, that the special DLC that is coming next month totally wasn't ripped from the initial development. And I would look at this quote, this text, this person (if in person) and I would let out a sad chuckle, then move on with life, and then make a forum post maybe here on [H] or wherever else, begging people to have some self worth, to get up from their seemingly permanent bent over position, and get some god damn dignity.

But you know, I don't think it will help.

big_aug, i'm having the same issue as you now! I restarted the game, finally got the "Getting Started" option and now I can't do anything. There are no dialogs that come up.

if you guys are on east that is the only one with issues, ign had a livestream from 9-6 today still going with no issues, cept a few client crashes.

the reason i mention ign is cause theyre in SF and are likely on the west server

I switched servers back and forth 3 times. I am able to select play instead of the tutorial now, but the tutorial still doesn't work.

I'm so mad lol

Wtf?

This is looking more like Crash City than Sim City.

CTD on me twice already in 30 minutes, and had to start all over both times since I can't save....

I think the biggest problem i see, anything with a hill you can't build on it and i have a lot of wasted space......this sucks.....

how i get apartments?

Unable to claim city, unable to load city...

Can't even get the tutorial city to start. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Does anyone want to play multi? If so PM me. Also The servers are down right now. Played a good 5 hrs of it today already lol.

Can someone please tell me why these Sim games are any fun....serious question....never played one, just can't get what the fun is here?

Jesus wtf. Now it's forcing me to do the tutorial again, yet the tutorial doesn't even work or fails to load.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please tell me why these Sim games are any fun....serious question....never played one, just can't get what the fun is here?

Because it satisfies the little control freak we all inside. Its how min/max player types find nirvana.

WTF I just noticed because I keep having to swap servers. The servers dont sync between themselves. So if you start a game on one server and get dropped and have to move to another you have to start a new game or play a game you already started on that server. What bs.

Is there a way to upgrade hospitals/police stations to the better ones, or do you just have to build them newly?

Also I'm losing business because they can't ship their freight, how do I do this? The tutorial didn't cover this and I'd assume train, but I can't seem to place a train (there's no tracks coming into my region), when It ry to plac ea train station it won't allow it ANYWHERE on my map, what do I do?

Last edited:
Well I hate to say it but Im having fun. Except for the one time today that the serves went down all has been good. I have my plot on the HARD region and after going bankrupt I brought it back and now have a suburb across the water (bridge) and going from there. My city seems to be doing great. I do wish everything was bigger but I'm ok with it for now.

Is there a way to upgrade hospitals/police stations to the better ones, or do you just have to build them newly?

Also I'm losing business because they can't ship their freight, how do I do this? The tutorial didn't cover this and I'd assume train, but I can't seem to place a train (there's no tracks coming into my region), when It ry to plac ea train station it won't allow it ANYWHERE on my map, what do I do?

If you click on a building it gives you an "edit" menu, which takes you to options for upgrading. With roads you open the road panel and to the left is a little button? that when you click on it allows you to upgrade roads by clicking on them. Upgrading roads allows for higher density on the map.

I know about road upgrading, etc. However editing on police stations, hospitals, fire stations, etc there's no "upgrade" to the large fire station, police precient, etc.

It seems if you want those you have to simply build them straight up and can't upgrade your small fire station to a large one.

I know about road upgrading, etc. However editing on police stations, hospitals, fire stations, etc there's no "upgrade" to the large fire station, police precient, etc.

It seems if you want those you have to simply build them straight up and can't upgrade your small fire station to a large one.

You can add parking spots for more cars and fire trucks to make them more effective. At some point, though, you do have to build a new one because the upgrades are maxed out.

After clicking on the structure, a window pops up telling you some details about the structure. At the bottom there are two buttons, one will shut the building down, the other is a wrench and cog (I think...a wrench and something else). Click that button to access the building customization panel. You can also just double click the building and it will take you into customization mode. Police, Fire, Medical, and Transit services of all sizes have these customization abilities.

stuck with, "RENT TO TOO DAMN HIGH" bitches, how do i slap them down?

I had two cities on two servers. Lost both cities. Can roll back or abandon. Neither works.

wtf, time stopped moving in my game. :mad:

exited, game did save and now working.

When you get to 100k+ pop... how the hell do you deal with traffic?

Gee I sure wish I COULD PLAY THIS GODDAMN GAME. Fucking EA.

This is some serious bullshit. I can't get in a game, can't create a region, can't play the tutorial, and now, I can't even get into the game as it just sticks at authenticating even on the "available" servers.

There better be refunds offered for this shit.

Demand a refund, do a charge-back. Don't settle for the shit EA is shoveling customers. What a giant pile of dung, you can sure tell who the journalist shills are by the reviews out there.

Definitely going to get a refund if they can't fix this server disaster. There is no way I am waiting in a queue to play a single player game.

There is a FIVE HOUR queue for chat support, which is probably full of people asking for refunds. EA either give me a refund or I do a chargeback. Say what you will about the Diablo 3 launch, but Blizzard made it right for people who wanted out. Somehow I doubt EA will make it that easy.

Demand a refund folks. This is unacceptable especially after Diablo 3. Charge back if they refuse.

Despite the issues, the game is a ton of fun and very challenging. I expected this to happen. No reason anyone should be surprised by issues on day 1. Now if the server issues persist for multiple days, then yes something is not right. But I got a good 4-5 hours of solid gameplay in.

Back