SimCity V (2013) - screens/artwork and information

Yup. I think they had no idea how large the mod community would get when they made SC4. At least they gave you the option though. Too many features are missing from SC5. They should of just added difficulty levels that scaled features such as sewers and power. I can think of half a dozen ways they could of appeased all players without removing features or alienating fans of the series like myself.

What is a good place to go to get started with SC4 mods? I am definitely skipping out on the new Simcity for the time being, but I never installed any SC4 mods. My biggest problem with SC4 now is the dated graphics (no option for 2560x1440), and I always disliked that you had to choose from preset regions.

What is a good place to go to get started with SC4 mods? I am definitely skipping out on the new Simcity for the time being, but I never installed any SC4 mods. My biggest problem with SC4 now is the dated graphics (no option for 2560x1440), and I always disliked that you had to choose from preset regions.

http://www.simtropolis.com/

The layout of the website has really changed since I last been there. Think you click ST/Exchange link at the top for mods. Make sure you get NAM (Network Addon Mod).

Wish I understood how to play SC4. My cities always become an epic fail and I have never goten multiple cities working well in region. You see so many on the net with amazing "downtowns" and such.

I have a hard time even earning money. LOL!

Oh and I am still unsure if I will be getting SC V or not.

Wish I understood how to play SC4. My cities always become an epic fail and I have never goten multiple cities working well in region. You see so many on the net with amazing "downtowns" and such.

I have a hard time even earning money. LOL!

Oh and I am still unsure if I will be getting SC V or not.

"weaknesspays"

That's how I play SC4.

So it looks like there is a fully unlocked 3rd beta tonight for 4 hours. Anyone get their keys yet?

If you got a key previously, and didn't get to play, are you still "in the beta" for tonight?

So it looks like there is a fully unlocked 3rd beta tonight for 4 hours. Anyone get their keys yet?

Whaaaat? Are pre-orders "automatically" in again, supposedly? 4 hours isn't very long but if I get my key early enough it'll be fine lol

Whaaaat? Are pre-orders "automatically" in again, supposedly? 4 hours isn't very long but if I get my key early enough it'll be fine lol

I wish I knew. Maxis has not officially announced anything however several people on the EA forums said they received an email last night.

I got so excited when I saw the email but then realized it's only available for four hours, tonight. BOO!

This game can't come out soon enough.

If someone does get a key and you will not use it, let me know :p

so if I was in the closed beta a couple of weekends ago, am I in tonight's as well?

once again -- fuck you EA

I played the first beta -- thanks to them only releasing it for a few hours at a time, by the time I downloaded it and played for 15 min, the fucking beta was over.

Same for tonight, I was excited to see that there is another round. However thanks to my work schedule I have to be in bed around 8pm CST -- fucking beta doesn't even come back till 7PM (oh and I have to redownload it)

Seriously -- I understand EA wants to test their servers, but how about giving people more than 2 fucking hours to download and play the game? Not everyone has a 30Mbit pipe into their home. And not everyone can ditch work or other obligations to play.

Yeah, last time they sent me the key late and it wouldn't even let me download the client outside of the beta period. Probably tonight I'll download it and maybe get to play for 15 minutes before it ends... :rolleyes:

once again -- fuck you EA

I played the first beta -- thanks to them only releasing it for a few hours at a time, by the time I downloaded it and played for 15 min, the fucking beta was over.

Same for tonight, I was excited to see that there is another round. However thanks to my work schedule I have to be in bed around 8pm CST -- fucking beta doesn't even come back till 7PM (oh and I have to redownload it)

Seriously -- I understand EA wants to test their servers, but how about giving people more than 2 fucking hours to download and play the game? Not everyone has a 30Mbit pipe into their home. And not everyone can ditch work or other obligations to play.

If they would at least let you reload the game it and let you have 4 hours to play it would be a bit better. I didn't even play Beta 2 as I got my key 1 hour after the beta was over. -_-

I preordered the damn game. Why the hell can i not play in the beta? I was in Beta 2, Why the hell can i not play in beta 3? This is getting to be complete bullshit. I might cancel the preorder.

Are there any good deals on pre ordering this game anywhere?
It seems everywhere that has discount coupons (greenmangaming, gamersgate, etc) that Simcity is excluded from them all for some reason EA doesn't want to allow any discounts (greenmangaming did have it on a discount a month ago and took it off because tehy said EA didn't want them to have it on discount).

Are there any good deals on pre ordering this game anywhere?
It seems everywhere that has discount coupons (greenmangaming, gamersgate, etc) that Simcity is excluded from them all for some reason EA doesn't want to allow any discounts (greenmangaming did have it on a discount a month ago and took it off because tehy said EA didn't want them to have it on discount).

The best deal I've found is pre-ordering via amazon and getting a $20 credit for anything on the site. The next best alternative is straight from origin - a $20 credit on your next game. Since it's EA there are all sorts of restrictions that mean you will wind up spending WAY more than you care to. The fine print will tell you that you only have something like 1.5 weeks from the time Sim City is released to use the coupon before it expires. You are limited to a special list of games that "qualify" for the discount (i.e. the crap that's not selling well to begin with)

Finally, you have to select a title that's a MINIMUM of $30.

Fuck all that.

I'll stick my preorder in tonight on Amazon - I got to play some of the beta. As much as I hate EA and everything they do, it was pretty fun.

I'm considering picking this up for me and the GF but even $40 apiece seems high. Probably wait until $25-30 or less.

i just preordered for the 45$ on amazon. lets get down :)

Link?

I was going to preorder tonight for 59 dollars... tell me your secret!

Edit -- nevermind -- i see you are just saying the list price minus the $20 amazon credit you will receive in a few days. Was so hoping for a direct drop in price on some crazy deal.

Link?

I was going to preorder tonight for 59 dollars... tell me your secret!

Edit -- nevermind -- i see you are just saying the list price minus the $20 amazon credit you will receive in a few days. Was so hoping for a direct drop in price on some crazy deal.

no not the 20$ credit

http://dealnews.com/m/deal.html/674114.html
$45usd digital limited edition download from amazon with code CAGROCKS ($15 instant off).

You can also get the boxed Deluxe Edition from Amazon for $40 after a $20 Amazon gift card, it looks like.

Better deal if you shop at Amazon a lot.

Back