SimCity is $24 @Gamersgate.com

this quote should scare anyone away if they aren't already aware of the situation regarding this game. I'm one of Simcity's biggest, longest running fans (I've played every game since the DOS original) and in fact I alt-tabbed from Simcity 4 to post this, but I will never, ever, play this game in its current broken and insulting form.

PERSISTENT INTERNET CONNECTION, ACCEPTANCE OF PRODUCT AND ORIGIN END USER LICENSE AGREEMENTS, INSTALLATION OF THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE AND ORIGIN ACCOUNT REGISTRATION WITH ENCLOSED SINGLE-USE SERIAL CODE(S) REQUIRED TO PLAY AND ACCESS BONUS CONTENT (IF ANY).

EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE SERVICES, ONLINE FEATURES, AND DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON www.ea.com/1/service-updates.

To say nothing of the completely fake mechanic underlying the game or the myriad of other gaping flaws with this product.

if the game was patchable to save locally and add some mods i'd say its worth picking up...if its the same as launch i'll continue to laugh at ea's legacy of bs

Bleh. Bought the game at full price and after playing it for a week or two, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at any price.

To say nothing of the completely fake mechanic underlying the game or the myriad of other gaping flaws with this product.

I'm still an Origin holdout but I could probably get past all of the online nonsense. What kills it for me is that the actual simulation is completely broken and doesn't really exist like you say.

How can they call their game a simulation but then not include a simulation?

Yeah not even the $24 dollars is enough for me.

They treat their customers like crap / idiots, destroy the modding community plus all the other bs they've pulled with this game ...

Just an ill feeling toward the company and the game, no thanks

Since I haven't been reading the Simcity mass I just went around googling, and found this:

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/59501-opinions-on-update-7/

I guess with the recently released update #7(!) it seems to be quite a bit more playable.

Guess I'll hold out a bit more and wait until the end of the year to see if they finally fix most of the screwed up simulator bugs. That and I just have so much backlog(going back to gamecube...) that I will probably never get through...

Since I haven't been reading the Simcity mass I just went around googling, and found this:

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/59501-opinions-on-update-7/

I guess with the recently released update #7(!) it seems to be quite a bit more playable.

Guess I'll hold out a bit more and wait until the end of the year to see if they finally fix most of the screwed up simulator bugs. That and I just have so much backlog(going back to gamecube...) that I will probably never get through...

Seems like a bunch of comments from people that have acclimated themselves to shit are happy when a new turd is dropped on them, but with less odor...it's still a piece of shit, regardless. Same manner as self-acclimated Win 8 users and supporters saying how superior it is to every other OS and the new 8.1 update is going to make it even better.

I was able to get in on the beta of SimCity and I quickly found out it was created by EA for one purpose and one purpose only: a cash grab on expansions/DLC and a mass of micro-transactions to give the illusion of getting a better product with each dollor spent. Pay all that money and is it now the game that deserved to continue the legacy of such a fantastic franchise? Nope, still a turd, just with more corn and peanuts in it.

IF EA removes the always online requirement, makes the city sizes bigger, and adds in a lot of the things that should be included with the game instead of on a shopping list, then I will seriously consider buying it to continue playing the SimCity franchise. Until then, SC4 all the way.

$24 for SimCity is $24 overpaid for a pretty screensaver because that's what it is, the only simulation going on is its trying to simulate a game.

Wait until its $5 if you're hellbent on it

i thought they were gona do a offline mode for this? or was that just a rumor ether way no offline mode = no thank you from me lol

EA bashing is getting old. Oh requires internet.. blah blah blah. All of them are Steam users too..

I also find it funny this game still sold a million after all the whining. This is a good deal.

EA bashing is getting old. Oh requires internet.. blah blah blah. All of them are Steam users too..

I also find it funny this game still sold a million after all the whining. This is a good deal.

If you think the always-on connection is the problem with this game then you haven't been paying attention.

I suppose the 1700 posted negative metacritic user reviews are all steam trolls too, hmmm? Go add to the positive stack since you think everyone else on earth is a moron -- you will be the 121st positive review and I look forward to reading your insightful opinions on EA and Simcity.

I've been a fan since win 95/98 days of SC 2000.
I was excited for SC5 but then it was released. I'm DejaWiz. I'll stick to my SC4.

It's a bad game. This isn't even a good price for a good game.

Seems like a bunch of comments from people that have acclimated themselves to shit are happy when a new turd is dropped on them, but with less odor...it's still a piece of shit, regardless. Same manner as self-acclimated Win 8 users and supporters saying how superior it is to every other OS and the new 8.1 update is going to make it even better.

I was able to get in on the beta of SimCity and I quickly found out it was created by EA for one purpose and one purpose only: a cash grab on expansions/DLC and a mass of micro-transactions to give the illusion of getting a better product with each dollor spent. Pay all that money and is it now the game that deserved to continue the legacy of such a fantastic franchise? Nope, still a turd, just with more corn and peanuts in it.

IF EA removes the always online requirement, makes the city sizes bigger, and adds in a lot of the things that should be included with the game instead of on a shopping list, then I will seriously consider buying it to continue playing the SimCity franchise. Until then, SC4 all the way.

Hmmm. Didn't think it's this bad...

I need it to go down to like 5 dollars... or 3. I'm interested but at the same time.... So many pieces of shit ideas in this...

But does it use Origin? If yes, nevermind.

if origin wasn't required i would go for it.

skipped on mass effect 3, battlefield 3, sim city and few others.

Buy it then.

paid full price --- got a refund a few days later.

The fact you can max out your play area in just a few hours of play sucks. When I play a game called simCity, i want it to be a city -- not what is the equivalent of a virtual couple of blocks or a small country town. They should have called this "Sim County" or something since "the game" is now broken out into many territories.

If they could simulate huge huge metropolis areas back in the the year 2000 on a pentium 3 - why can't they do it with quad core Ghz rigs now?

If they expanded the play area of each city to at least double what it is, and then lower the price 15 dollars I'd buy it again. Till then, suck it I have so many other games to play :)

wow, I don't even remember this much hate for Diablo III.

That's because Diablo 3 was (at least once the servers were stabilized at launch) a reasonably playable game. Not a great one, but a reasonable one. Based on everything I've seen, Simcity is just a disaster.

$24 for SimCity is $24 overpaid for a pretty screensaver because that's what it is, the only simulation going on is its trying to simulate a game.

Wait until its $5 if you're hellbent on it

Burn!

I just picked this game up on eBay for 17.99. It's enjoyable and I see some benefit from being always connected.

Back