Simbin PC racing sim announces "Race Injection"

Frog2

Gawd
http://www.virtualr.net/simbin-announces-race-injection

Simbin are the best non subscription based PC racing sim IMO, and it looks they're releasing a package that contains all their expansion packs from this yr.
You can use a xbox game pad on your PC to play this game, but a wheel like a G27 is much better, especially with forcefeedback.

SimBin desperately needs ISI to start licensing their new graphics and physics tech...yeah.

I have GTR, GTR2, GTL, RACE07 and a lot of their “add-ons”. Sorry but the repacking of the same content using ISI’s 6 year old tech is not exciting. Wake me up when GTR3 is out...

I have GTR, GTR2, GTL, RACE07 and a lot of their “add-ons”. Sorry but the repacking of the same content using ISI’s 6 year old tech is not exciting. Wake me up when GTR3 is out...

It may not be exciting for you, but for those wanting the GT5 of PC sim racing, this pack will go close+there's tonnes of free mods{cars and tracks}.

Simbin has a firstclass MP{I just got offline racing against 17 people in the F3000}, it has one of the best replay systems we've ever seen in a game, it has outstanding forcefeedback, and is the one game that feels the most convincing to me.

I just got GT5 for PS3 because GTR2 + expansions + mods just wasn't good enough. I got sick of waiting...apperently no devs for PC can get it right. I'm hoping C.A.R.S. does, but GTR2, Evo, Race, etc...while good...for me just weren't good enough or could match what I wanted. Too bad I finally had to buy a console game to suit my needs where the PC arena failed....very annoying as I prefer to be a PC gamer in every other genre and have no idea why the PC platform can't seem to win the battle for a true GT5 or hell even Forza clone. Sure some try...all have failed, end of story. I have given a few titles credit including GTR2, Race On, Shift/S2U, etc...but not a single one has done it right. If you could mix all of them, then yes...there would be a true contender...but no one dev.seems to get it. That or maybe there's not enough PC gamers that want it? Who knows...all I know is I finally got sick of waiting...have been since I stopped with consoles after I was done with GT4 years ago...until recently that is.

Simbin only lacks for GFX, but by nearly every other criteria is an outstanding game, and unlike console garbage, has proper lag free dedicated MP servers.
Even if Shift2 got the physics right[it didn't}, it was still a near useless P2P MP.

Wait, so does this contain all the expansion packs, or just the ones from this year? If its just the ones from this year, its really not that impressive. You'd still have to pay $19 for RACE On and $18 for GTR evo to get the whole pack.

If its EVERYTHING bundled, including GTR evo and RACE On, then my response is "about fucking time", because to buy all the expansion packs at the moment is really way more expensive than it should be and you practically need a maths degree to figure out how you should buy the packs to get the best deal.

At the moment to get everything you pay quite a bit, $23 for RACE On bundle (includes STCC and RACE07), $17 GTR evo, $7 RETRO, $13 GT Power, $13 WTCC 2010, $13 STCC 2010. Maybe there's a cheaper way of doing it, I dunno, but that's $86. I know you dont NEED to buy them all, but none the less that seems pretty fucking expensive for a game which is essentially a 2006 game which they're still adding expansions onto, and me being a car enthusiast I'd just want everything.

If all you get is the expansions from this year... its really not that good of a deal. It is releasing for 30€ when their separate prices are (according to some guy in VirtualR) RETRO 5€, GT power 5€, WTCC 2010 and STCC2 10€ each and Race Room is free... so essentially all you're getting bonus is the core game, RACE 07, which is only worth a couple of bucks anyway.

Simbin should just release "RACE BUNDLE" which includes everything for, I dunno, $30-40 or something instead of acting like they're releasing something new which is a great deal when its neither new nor a good deal.
I just got GT5 for PS3 because GTR2 + expansions + mods just wasn't good enough. I got sick of waiting...apperently no devs for PC can get it right. I'm hoping C.A.R.S. does, but GTR2, Evo, Race, etc...while good...for me just weren't good enough or could match what I wanted. Too bad I finally had to buy a console game to suit my needs where the PC arena failed....very annoying as I prefer to be a PC gamer in every other genre and have no idea why the PC platform can't seem to win the battle for a true GT5 or hell even Forza clone. Sure some try...all have failed, end of story. I have given a few titles credit including GTR2, Race On, Shift/S2U, etc...but not a single one has done it right. If you could mix all of them, then yes...there would be a true contender...but no one dev.seems to get it. That or maybe there's not enough PC gamers that want it? Who knows...all I know is I finally got sick of waiting...have been since I stopped with consoles after I was done with GT4 years ago...until recently that is.

Yeah, GT5 and Forza are really "car collecting" games, which, as someone who loves cars, I find really great. I'd love to see a GT5 or a Forza game on PC. Then I'd have no reason what so ever to want a console. :p

It's RACE07+5 exp packs from this yr.
Me, I'd get RACE07+GTR EVO* bundle on Steam{mods work with steam as well}, and next I'd add RACEON and GT Power pack and maybe STCC 2010 as they include the old Volvo 850 station wagon.
Don't forget people, you can dl these free demo's....

*Evo has 20 and 24km Nurgburgring+Nurburg GP tracks and others

GTR Evo
GTR2
Volvo the Game.

Make sure to at least use a xbox pad, or get real and get a G27 or higher.....this is a racing sim, it's not designed to be at it's best with either a KB or gamepad.
GTR Evo's cars are the ones that feel the most lifelike to me{I've owned and driven scores of Aussie Muscle cars in my time}.

If you haven't driven a sim before, you need to budget over 100hrs to get good at it....minimum.

Consoles have the worst of everything, crappy FFB, P2P MP, crappy wheel support, mixed GFX etc.

They have GT5 and Forza, of which there's really no good equivalent on PC. And they actually have quite good graphics compared to your average PC sim. I WISH Simbin had a Nurburgring that looked this good with lighting half as good as this (or lighting full stop!)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFLb5btwyNU

Wheel support, p2p multiplayer and mediocre FFB, yeah I agree with you, but GT5 and Forza aren't without their merits and I'd LOVE to see a similar game on PC.

Personally I'd like to try the Retro pack for RACE but can't bring myself to buy it, modern cars are so boring.

Personally I'd like to try the Retro pack for RACE but can't bring myself to buy it, modern cars are so boring.

Retro pack is a bit wayward in the handling.
I think RACEON is better than any of the expansions.

Wheel support, p2p multiplayer and mediocre FFB, yeah I agree with you

The bread and butter of a "great" game vs a game with better GFX and nothing else.
When I first started driving EVO, I used a xbox pad and only did SP, I went MP six months later and never went back, especially after realizing how good the MP is.

Even a 286hp BMW WTCC car is a great driving experience in EVO, and it's the most popular online racer.

I never really got into the GT cars in RACE, most the online racing I did was in the F3000 and most the offline racing I did was in F3000, Radicals, Caterhams and cars from GT Legends ported across. Taming that 427 cobra is a real achievement ;)

I'm mildly interested, what are the "scores" of aussie muscle cars you've owned?

I had a SLR LH Torana with a 330cid and one point, a LG Monaro 350Chev, a tripple carb-ed 6cycling LC Torana etc.
This was when they were 3-4k each, not 100k+

So that'd make you, what, like 50 years old? The last time I sold or bought a classic car for that sort of price was over 10 years ago, and it only had a mildly worked 308 :p

Honestly I'm surprised someone who likes classic muscle cars would be so close minded and rash to not see the value in a car collecting game like Forza or GT5. Here I was thinking most adults who owned nice old cars were open minded, considerate and insightful, I thought that was the realm of young kids in their little fart box cars... my bad ;)

So that'd make you, what, like 50 years old? )

I'm 43.....but I HATE consoles as they're not just gimped, but deliberately gimped, as such, I'll certainly never buy any of the current range, in fact, I'd have to be paid to play any console game.

http://simracinggames.com/raceroom-2-simbin.html

Now they've released RACEROOM2, which includes 5 cars and 5-6 tracks, and this is FREE.....however, if you want the best from Simbin, you want RACE07/GTR EVO and RACEON.

Some of these cars whilst still very sim like, don't have the range of car behaviour that a F3000{RACE07}, or a Corvette C6R{EVO} has.

But no harm in dling this FREE demo as it comes with the Matech{GT40}

Looks like it is for sale on Steam today, anyone buy it? Thinking of buying it as something to play casually with my 360 controller, but it doesn't list that its controller enabled in steam. I have shift1/2 and I really didn't like the way those cars handled.

Back