sim racing rusty build...

Zedicus

[H]ard|Gawd
IMG_20200821_210710.jpg
cut down bed frame with a car seat sitting on it.

IMG_20200827_221353.jpg
lining up pedal location

IMG_20200913_172402.jpg
firewall, pedals, and top. made the top out of an old desk my kids used. cleared over all the writing and stuff they left on it.

IMG_20200915_234213.jpg
load cell brake, pedals from a toyota, seat from a mitsubishi. frame, floorboard, firewall is all scrap metal. toyota gas pedal is hall sensor wired directly to a bodnar board. clutch is linkage to a pot. i still need to set up the PSVR and do some cable management and tidy it up.

after getting over the nausea, and lack of sensation from not actually moving, this system is working quite well. the PSVR headset does fine. The home made pedals work very well. The seat and everything is located appropriately. i should have built a table space on the right side for a mouse, and maybe a keyboard tray. but the actual sim rig works very well.

i've got maybe 10 hours in and now that i am use to the feeling (lack of?) i can make it around a few tracks. now to try some AI before forcing real people to deal with me.

having thoughts of bass shakers or maybe DOF... this may be a slippery slope.

after getting over the nausea, and lack of sensation from not actually moving, this system is working quite well. the PSVR headset does fine. The home made pedals work very well. The seat and everything is located appropriately. i should have built a table space on the right side for a mouse, and maybe a keyboard tray. but the actual sim rig works very well.

i've got maybe 10 hours in and now that i am use to the feeling (lack of?) i can make it around a few tracks. now to try some AI before forcing real people to deal with me.

having thoughts of bass shakers or maybe DOF... this may be a slippery slope.
Can you add some type of force feedback to move the seat as the wheel turns or something?

Can you add some type of force feedback to move the seat as the wheel turns or something?

the seat is just bolted to the pan (like in a car) so it would not be hard to build up a plate on a swivel and add 2DOF and even traction loss. probably for now i will experiment with some bass shakers and see how serious i get. i have a tendency to over build and under use, going to try to not do that here.

Back