Silverstone vs nMediaPC for HTPC?

manny1222

Gawd
Thought I'd ask the HTPC experts/regulars. Which of these cases would you rather have for your HTPC, considering space, build quality and airflow?

Silverstone ML03B
or
nMEDIAPC 1000B

They are both the same price. I don't imagine I'll need more than two 3.5" drive bays (planing to get a 2TB green when i build soon and another down the road). I know the silverstone will require low profile cards. I think the ceton infinitv4 and radeon hd 6450 cards i plan to get can be had as low profile.

Having had an HTPC case from each mfg., I'd opt for the Silverstone. The build quality is a little better. And in this particular circumstance I think the low profile is nice. Both case I had had really nice thick aluminum faces, but behind that front panel the Silverstone was of better quality.

Silverstone has better build quality but nMediaPC isn't bad, I have an nmediapc case and I've been fairly pleased with it. Looks like you would have more room in the nmediapc

For the longest time I've been planning to get the nmediapc, but the newegg reviews aren't so stellar with most complaints being about build quality. Started to look at the silverstone last night and and the main complaints about it is tight space, especially between the power supply and optical drive.

I personally really really like the looks of the silverstone, but the extra hdd space, card reader and "my presumed" better space for better airflow.

However the concensus seems to be the silverstone

I have a stock cooler for my Intel 2100. Just to be sure before I commit, does anyone know for sure if it will fit in that case installed?

I have a stock cooler for my Intel 2100. Just to be sure before I commit, does anyone know for sure if it will fit in that case installed?

If you're talking about the Silverstone, yes it'll fit. The stock HSF is no more than 45mm to 50mm. The HSF clearance for the Silverstone is 70mm.

Out of those two cases, I'd go with the Silverstone. If considering other cases then, I still might pick the Silverstone but I do have a few that come to mind.

If you're talking about the Silverstone, yes it'll fit. The stock HSF is no more than 45mm to 50mm. The HSF clearance for the Silverstone is 70mm.

Yes I was talking about the silverstone. Thanx.

Out of those two cases, I'd go with the Silverstone. If considering other cases then, I still might pick the Silverstone but I do have a few that come to mind.

Which others come to mind, in the same price range? I want to make an informed decision. I'll probably be buying this weekend

I like my Silverstone case, too. Although it's bigger than this one, it's still tight inside. I also had problems with airflow and 80mm fans are always noisy. I think you would expect these problems from any Htpc case. What do you plan to do for the case airflow?

I've got a few fans sitting around but they are all 120mm. I'll have to do with whatever the case I pick provides

That silverstone will be a very tight fit. I opted for a bit larger one for my htpc, and even so, it's packed full. One thing I wish I had changed was my psu, def look for a full modular one, saves tons of space.

Back