Silverstone TJ11: The Big-Ticket

LOL once again at the TJ11. Sloppy design, poor water cooling options, and questionable hard drive cages at a ridiculous price. Can't wait!
Posted via Mobile Device

I still don't see the "sloppy watercooling options" argument. The only difficulty over the TJ07 I can see is possibly having to route a tube between the AP181 fans.

$590 without a code? F that! Thats nuts, hopefully its just Frozencpu gouging the guys who have to have the bestest newest right this very second...

PPCs can't be gouging by too much because Sundial Micro is listing it for $599 and having previously bought multiple products from SDM, I can vouch that price-gouging ain't how they do business. The tj11 is gonna bomb regardless when sporting a $500+ price tag. There are simply too many flaws to justify the price. Too bad really, because a proper tj07 follow-up could have sold for $500 no problem. Instead, Silverstone forced this thing out when there has been a consistently negative reaction. Maybe the expected poor sales and heavy discounting required to move stock will get Silverstone to work more closely with the community on their designs.

LOL once again at the TJ11. Sloppy design, poor water cooling options, and questionable hard drive cages at a ridiculous price. Can't wait!
Posted via Mobile Device

I still don't see the "sloppy watercooling options" argument. The only difficulty over the TJ07 I can see is possibly having to route a tube between the AP181 fans.

Agreed. The case is expected to fail for various reasons, but "poor watercooling options" aren't the problem unless you've got some very specific idea in mind. Heck, the crapload of 5.25" bays that many people have complained about are prime-time real estate for the watercooling crowd. This is especially true if the bottom-mounted hdd cages get tossed in favor of rads.

lol...is anyone here going to buy it? I honestly think the 800D, which is less than half the price of the TJ11, is a better case.

lol...is anyone here going to buy it? I honestly think the 800D, which is less than half the price of the TJ11, is a better case.

Really? Even if both cases were at the same $300 price point?

Update:
Changed title of thread since the case is now for sale. The TJ11 is truly the Big-Ticket. 26x26/$600 of fun.

First Build photos from OCN:

This one has a WC loop, Quad rad at the bottom.
http://i.imgur.com/xDWMY.jpg
http://www.overclock.net/case-mod-work-logs/934780-worklog-silverstone-tj11.html

Another user:
http://www.overclock.net/case-mod-work-logs/934241-silverstone-tj11-v-edition.html

Last edited:
Pretty sure that was the point, this thing is twice the price of the 800D, not the same price. The TJ11 makes the Lian-Li V2120 look like a bargain.

My intention was to eliminate price from the comparison. Just because a case is cheaper doesn't make it better.
Like I said in other threads, if cheaper was better we will all have $500 budget PCs.
The price is everything argument only goes so far, people will pay for what they see value in.

The majority of us don't see value in the TJ11 at $600, that's a valid argument. That doesn't make it a terrible case because the value is low.

Last edited:
Well I've read through most of this thread and quite a lot of people who are (possibly rightly) outraged at the price, are themselves blinded to all the positive points about the case.

Let's just say that if I had to build my ultimate WC build tomorrow and this case was $200 cheaper, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. And I don't see what the fuss about the looks is about. It looks almost as good as the TJ07, just a bit more aggressive and masculine.

Well I've read through most of this thread and quite a lot of people who are (possibly rightly) outraged at the price, are themselves blinded to all the positive points about the case.

Let's just say that if I had to build my ultimate WC build tomorrow and this case was $200 cheaper, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. And I don't see what the fuss about the looks is about. It looks almost as good as the TJ07, just a bit more aggressive and masculine.

Agreed. I'm still not fond of the ridges though, the front could have resembled the FT02.

The person in the OCN thread just updated the thread with more build pics.
http://www.overclock.net/case-mod-work-logs/934780-worklog-silverstone-tj11.html

this thing is so fucking ugly. $600? please. I am keeping my TJ07, all I need is a USB 3.0 bay for it.

My intention was to eliminate price from the comparison. Just because a case is cheaper doesn't make it better.
Like I said in other threads, if cheaper was better we will all have $500 budget PCs.
The price is everything argument only goes so far, people will pay for what they see value in.

The majority of us don't see value in the TJ11 at $600, that's a valid argument. That doesn't make it a terrible case because the value is low.

I think the 800D is a better case either way. It's just way more thought out. Much better cable management and a better system for managing tubing. Grommets for tubing already built into the interior of the case. You aren't forced to get rid of the HDD racks and use the drive-bays if you wan t to water-cool, which is something I also hated about the TJ07. And the hdd trays the 800D has are much better than in the tj11. It also looks better, and doesn't have annoying mesh on the side panels that will get ultra dusty (something I also hated about the TJ07). You might not be able to fit as big a radiator inside, but so what? It's also less than half the price of the TJ11.

Those images from chiphell actually made me hate the TJ11 more. After looking how full-blown water-cooling looks in the interior of TJ11, I have to agree with others and say it just doesn't look as nice as in cases without the 90 degree rotation.

But if you are using the case for air-cooling, I'd say the TJ11 is as good a full tower you'll find anywhere.

BTW, it's on amazon for pre-order: http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-C...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1297106806&sr=8-2

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I thought you hated the grommet holes in the motherboard tray?
Better hdd quality but they run hotter. Bottom compartment has to be modded for a second radiator, losing one of the hdd bays also.
The 800D does look better.

Dusty, well for the bottom compartment not the top.

The looks and price isn't for everyone though.:(
SS knew it wouldn't sell much, maybe they tried to make a perfect case and through too much analysis, resulted in a confused design.
The FT02 is an all-time classic.

I thought you hated the grommet holes in the motherboard tray?
Better hdd quality but they run hotter. Bottom compartment has to be modded for a second radiator, losing one of the hdd bays also.
The 800D does look better.

Dusty, well for the bottom compartment not the top.

The looks and price isn't for everyone though.:(
SS knew it wouldn't sell much, maybe they tried to make a perfect case and through too much analysis, resulted in a confused design.
The FT02 is an all-time classic.

You misunderstood me. There's grommeted holes on the plate separating the top and bottom chamber to allow for tubing to cleanly pass through from the pump or whatever else tubing will be connected to in the bottom chamber. In the TJ11, they likely have to pass through the two fans.

Also I don't hate the grommeted holes on the mobo tray. I just hate it next to the PSU where all the wires pass through. Down there i'd just rather have a big hole.

Yeah, you do lose one of the HDD bays, but so what? You still have the 5 sata hot-swap rack above that is cleanly implemented and much better than what SS is using in all their newly released cases.

The only advantage the TJ11 has over the 800D from a water-cooling perspective is that it has more room for larger radiators and that's it. And if you are air-cooling, obviously the TJ11 will be better at that. But through and through, the 800D is a much better thought out case.

The holes by the PSU in the 800D was a PITA.
Maybe that should be on Redbeards list of improvements.

I was hoping for an upgraded TJ07 but personally, I cannot get rid of my 07 for the 11.

What, specifically was a pain in the ass about them?

I can't speak for others, but I had to shave down the plug to get it to mount up, sort of a pain in the ass. Should have just used a corsair power supply, instead of a silverstone.

I can't speak for others, but I had to shave down the plug to get it to mount up, sort of a pain in the ass. Should have just used a corsair power supply, instead of a silverstone.

Oh I remember that. That's been fixed after about a month or two of sales - you must have one of the first couple of batches.

What, specifically was a pain in the ass about them?

The PSU I had at the time had stiff cables, it was hard to bend the cables for it to go through the holes at the bottom. Since the cables were non modular also, I had to push all of the cables back through the hole to remove the PSU. The cables tend to bunch up down there, so if wanted to add or remove cables, it was a hassle. Switched to a Corsair PSU and the issues went away. If the two holes were made into one, it will prevent a mass of cables from clogging the holes. I bought the case back in May 2010.

I think I'm going to keep my TJ07 till Corsair updates the 800D. Hopefully it there will be a 900D when the Intel 2011 chipset comes out. I like the 800D just needs some space to add a 240 Rad on the bottom without modifying anything and better air-cooling in the mid section where the graphics cards are. Other than that it's very nice looking case and I like it when it looks simple and classy.

The TJ11 it's ok looking not bad. Just hate the look of the air intakes on the side panels. Plus the price it's just too much. Max I'd pay for it is $399 not a cent more.

I think I'm going to keep my TJ07 till Corsair updates the 800D. Hopefully it there will be a 900D when the Intel 2011 chipset comes out. I like the 800D just needs some space to add a 240 Rad on the bottom without modifying anything and better air-cooling in the mid section where the graphics cards are. Other than that it's very nice looking case and I like it when it looks simple and classy.

The TJ11 it's ok looking not bad. Just hate the look of the air intakes on the side panels. Plus the price it's just too much. Max I'd pay for it is $399 not a cent more.

I agree, the side intakes on the 11 are silly and look like something from the Jetsons! The MB flip has me scratching my head, granted it makes sense to vent the hot air, but they have given us the option of venting to the back!

The crazy thing is that the SS guys have seen all the Mods done to the 07's and they did not listen!

In regard to price; we all thought SS was crazy when the 07 came out. Just my 2 cents.

The biggest improvement I see are the hard drive bays. The TJ07's are really bad. they vibrate like crazy. I finally had to remove them.

I dont see much on cable manamgent from the rear but did they improve that because the tj07 doesn't have a lot of room behind the mobo to hide cables.

The more I look at this case the more potential for an awesome WC build I see in it.

Top mount radiators without a cover of some sort is just plain ghetto looking. It's the entire reason I bought a Cosmos S. No ghetto looking fans showing on top of the Cosmos S and I still managed to put a fat 3x120 rad up there in a push/pull config. Doesn't matter how pretty you dress the fans up while mounting them outside the case, they still look ghetto to me.

Instead of a rad top mounted, you can mount a rad in the back where the motherboard would be in a traditional layout, as long as you are willing to cut the case. Since the case is modular, you can just call up Silverstone and ask for a replacement panel. I cut up the top fan mesh on my TJ07 and they were willing to replace the top mesh no problem (it cost like $12 or something like that). No real need to worry about the fans/rad looking all that ghetto back there, otherwise I'd worry about the rat nest I got back there on the Cosmos S. So, the fact that you can't put a rad on top of the TJ11 isn't really all that relevant since it can be put in the back instead, out of sight for the most part as well AND with a push/pull config. It might be possible to fit it internally, although you will probably need to sacrifice rad size (double instead of a triple).

The Bottom can hold a 280 and a 560 in the bottom, I'm not sure if the TJ07 can do that, I've only seen a 240 and 480. So I don't think there's any advantage/disadvantage there. It's pretty much the same, which is a good thing.

I'm also not going to complain about HDD cages I'd never use anyway. I'd use proper hot swap 5.25 to 3.5/2.5 bay converters or just move over to SSD/Notebook drives and use those side mount SSD holder things.

I honestly don't see the purpose in this case without at least a water cooling system and using it as a server is kind of a waste since it was designed to be seen, not dumped in some closet or server room. Even a very simple water cooling system seems like a waste. This case is just asking for an excessive water cooling system.

The only problem with this case that I can think of is the price. It's just way more than most people seem to be willing to pay by about $150-200. The only thing the new LL V2120 has over this is support out of the box for the SR-2 at a lower price. Big deal.

As for WC options, there is worklog on xs forums, 560 fits easily, just like 480 in TJ07.

P1080648.jpg

source: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=266384

Did anyone go from a ft02 to this case? I am digging this case but the price is up there.
Was this case worth moving from a ft02? Anyone even seen any discounts on these bad boys?

What happened to normal cases. Why is every case maker I see these days going with absolute radical designs made for 3+ GPU's? I have a TJ10 which is great, but I'd really like a newer SilverStone that's not as big (due to the center GPU cooler) and clean lines like those of the TJ09/TJ10....

Judging from Silverstone's lineup, they haven't really made many "normal" cases, and that's what I happen to like about them. All of case lines are pretty volatile in regards to the fact that they follow no strict design from one model to the next. I like this innovation.

At any rate, cases like the TJ11 and Corsair 800D are gigantic in size and are made to accommodate multi-gpu configs in a watercooled atmosphere. Although certainly only my opinion, I think buying cases of this magnitude just to air cool and/or use a single GPU is a poor choice.

I'm guessing you aren't much a fan of Corsair's 650D or some of Lian-Li's offerings? They seem like they may be more to your liking than what SS currently offers.

Judging from Silverstone's lineup, they haven't really made many "normal" cases, and that's what I happen to like about them. All of case lines are pretty volatile in regards to the fact that they follow no strict design from one model to the next. I like this innovation.

At any rate, cases like the TJ11 and Corsair 800D are gigantic in size and are made to accommodate multi-gpu configs in a watercooled atmosphere. Although certainly only my opinion, I think buying cases of this magnitude just to air cool and/or use a single GPU is a poor choice.

I'm guessing you aren't much a fan of Corsair's 650D or some of Lian-Li's offerings? They seem like they may be more to your liking than what SS currently offers.

The 650D looks good, and so do Lian Li's. But from my experience, nothing has topped the quality that I have in my TJ10; and I own or have owned Antec, WiNdy, and an Lian Li. Maybe since my Lian Li is a cheaper model (a05-N) it's not as well machined as more expensive models, but I don't have the model to "try" out a top tier model from their line.

Last edited:
The 650D looks good, and so do Lian Li's. But from my experience, nothing has topped the quality that I have in my TJ10; and I own or have owned Antec, WiNdy, and an Lian Li. Maybe since my Lian Li is a cheaper model (a05-N) it's not as well machined as more expensive models, but I don't have the model to "try" out a top tier model from their line.

Why dont you compare cases to ones in the range of the TJ10?

I know it is an expensive case to manufacture, but at that price, they could at least throw in a free Strider/Decathlon/Zeus 1000+W PSU... That way, one can be assured of having enough power to fill this beast.

Back