SILVERSTONE TJ08E - New MicroATX Case

264826_2232441208454_1170612098_2760456_7139844_n.jpg

rly new this case :D

Any thoughts with using this case in a build like so -

MB: Asus P8Z68-V Pro
CPU: i5-2500k
PSU: Corsair AX-750
GPU: MSI GTX 560ti Twin Frozr II OC

Throw in 8gb of RAM, a few HDD's and an upgraded CPU cooler.

Seems that experience with this case is very limited. Cooling would be the issue I guess hence the Twin Frozr which is renowned for running cool.

Any thoughts?

I was otherwise considering a mini ITX build but this seems so much easier.

Seems that experience with this case is very limited. Cooling would be the issue I guess hence the Twin Frozr which is renowned for running cool.

Any thoughts?

Well I´m hoping to transfer my mitx board to this case and maybe upgrade my ´axp 140´ cooler with a push ´and/or´ pull cooler (maybe Arctic Cooling) but i have no idea if it will fit with the position of the board and the RAM sinks.

Any thoughts?

Cooling shouldn't be an issue...I have an almost similar setup using the TJ08. i7 2600, gtx 560ti, 8GB of ram, seasonic 380B. Corsair A70 fits fine in terms of cooler height. Given that the TJ08E is the version with better cooling and ease of use, it should be better.

Cooling shouldn't be an issue...I have an almost similar setup using the TJ08. i7 2600, gtx 560ti, 8GB of ram, seasonic 380B. Corsair A70 fits fine in terms of cooler height. Given that the TJ08E is the version with better cooling and ease of use, it should be better.

Great, thanks. Coolers confuse me no end. I had a lot of troubles with researching a mini ITX build due to all the hassles of finding a cooler that will fit. Would it be the case that this TJ08-E case is a lot easier to fit a cooler into?

What's the stock i5-2500k cooler like anyway? Is it a given that it needs to be replaced?

Great, thanks. Coolers confuse me no end. I had a lot of troubles with researching a mini ITX build due to all the hassles of finding a cooler that will fit. Would it be the case that this TJ08-E case is a lot easier to fit a cooler into?

What's the stock i5-2500k cooler like anyway? Is it a given that it needs to be replaced?

The website says 165mm max for the height so most coolers should fit.

Stock cooler is stock...lol. If you aren't overclocking it is okay, but you can probably get a small overclock on the stock cooler. I really didn't care for the noise profile of the i7 cooler so I swapped it.

So if the max height is 165mm then perhaps I could use the 160mm high Noctua NH-D14 (which seems to be very highly regarded) or would that be overkill? I may overclock, or may not, but I really don't care if the cooling is overkill since it can't do any harm surely.

So if the max height is 165mm then perhaps I could use the 160mm high Noctua NH-D14 (which seems to be very highly regarded) or would that be overkill? I may overclock, or may not, but I really don't care if the cooling is overkill since it can't do any harm surely.

Honestly, it is overkill since you can just invest into a 20-30$ cooler with a 120mm fan. Really, the only reason you would want an aftermarket cooler for non-overclocking is noise or very low profile. My 2600 non-k has a corsair a70 on it. Is it overkill? Yes, but I got it for $25 from best buy. Would I use stock? No, I run WCG 24/7 and stock=noise.

I'd also consider the Corsair H60. It's a little cheaper, won't be any problem height wise and cools very well whilst being pretty quiet. Yes it's overkill but you can never have too much cooling.

I keep flipping between this case and the Lian Li PC-V354. I like the looks of the TJ08E better than the Lian Li and it is much cheaper but my only concern is the small amount of space for the psu. Has anyone had issues fitting power supplies in the TJ08E?

I keep flipping between this case and the Lian Li PC-V354. I like the looks of the TJ08E better than the Lian Li and it is much cheaper but my only concern is the small amount of space for the psu. Has anyone had issues fitting power supplies in the TJ08E?

I'd say there's more than enough space. 180mm is a fair amount given most are around 160mm and my Antec TP 650 is 150mm. How long is your PSU/the one you plan to use?

Im looking at the Corsair HX850W which is right on the 180mm limit. I guess the easy solution would be to chose a different power supply :p

Im looking at the Corsair HX850W which is right on the 180mm limit. I guess the easy solution would be to chose a different power supply :p

Yeah haha that does kinda suck though. Though it might be doable depending on how long your optical drive is. The way I see it, there are more decent PSUs out there than decent mATX cases but that's just me. Neither of which you want to skimp on so I can understand the frustration though :)

My only worry with this case is the GPU cooling given the inverted layout but a) Silverstone does have a reputation for excellent cooling lately so one would think that they've thought of this and b) the front fan seems well placed to push air just above a dual-slot graphics card from the pics, allowing cooler, more dense air to fall into the GPU's fan. The hard disk cage and card supporter might even help guide the air up there too by the looks of things.

I won't be using an internal optical drive, so I hope my NZXT Hale-90 650w power supply will fit. It's around 180mm though.

The AX-850 is 160mm long. Does that really put it at the limit? Gotta wonder how big then the modular connectors are!

If so then you'd need to find a 150mm long PSU like the Corsair HX-650 but surely not since that means you are dealing with mini ITX like constraints.

I won't be using an internal optical drive, so I hope my NZXT Hale-90 650w power supply will fit. It's around 180mm though.

The AX-850 is 160mm long. Does that really put it at the limit? Gotta wonder how big then the modular connectors are!

If so then you'd need to find a 150mm long PSU like the Corsair HX-650 but surely not since that means you are dealing with mini ITX like constraints.

It is the same with the TJ08. If the PSU is too long you run into issues with it bumping into the optical drive. No optical drive = no issues (no idea on cable routing).

Case is 385mm in depth. If you have 175mm optical drive and 160mm PSU you have 50mm to spare. Modular connectors can be like 15mm long + cable stiffness + optical drive cables. It can make it a difficult installation. So 160mm is ideal for the PSU.

What kind of price did you get? Only place I can fine it in the US is at sundial and it's 105 + 42 for shipping. Having a tough time justifying 147 for this case.

$101 so pretty much what I expected. I agree, 147 is too steep. Stock should pick up soon at other places though I'm sure. Hang in there! :)

Hey guys just wanted to get your thoughts on a TJ08E build I have been planing for later this month:
Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
Intel i5 2500K
Corsair Vengence 8GB
Corsair H60
Silverstone ST85F-P 850 Watt (160mm long so it will fit nicely)
Not really sure what to do about a video card but im thinking about geforce GTX 560 or 570. Im planing on using my hard drive and dvd drive from my old computer.

Can anyone recommend a good HSF for this case? I'm about to order this, Asus Z68 matx board, and a i5-2600k, but have never used a non stock HSF before. There's way too many to choose from even when you have to keep them under 165mm.

Back