SILVERSTONE TJ08E - New MicroATX Case

Corsair and LianLi have managed easy to access removable dust filters...

I'd still take it off, just looks so half-assed... they could have easily done what Corsair did for their PSU intakes on the 800D/700D, just would have been more expensive... but at least it wouldn't look like that.

Also seems really weird to mount a PSU up top, but mount it upside down...

Watching the one youtube video the design was made more for the EOM sellers than the DIY crowd. At least thats how I understood what the guy was saying when he spoke about the design of the case. My only big gripe is that the top 140mm hole is only good for the psu looks like and not the rest of the case. If it were me I think I'd go with the original TJ08 and mod it the way I want. Assuming I was interested in the TJ08 case for use. But thats just my own opinion.

Anybody know anything new about this case? It seems rather nice and cheap...except for that stupid filter on top. Lets hope they don't put that into the final release.

Any word about this case? I've been interested in this case since I saw the CES video of it about two months, but I haven't heard a peep about it since February.

Same, Can this case please come out??? My computer is sitting in a temporary cardboard box since there aren't very many nice matx case options atm.

Same, Can this case please come out??? My computer is sitting in a temporary cardboard box since there aren't very many nice matx case options atm.

Its been shown at Computex so it should hit the shelves soon :D:D:D

Curious... what don't you like about the Define Mini? Personally I prefer the cleaner looking front over the TJ-08E... is there some aspect of the layout or quality of the Define you don't like?
the define is nice looking, but to call it SFF is a stretch, its only a couple of cm smaller than the define r3

define r3 = 21cm x 44cm x 52cm
define mini = 21cm x 40cm x 49cm
tj08 = 20cm x 38cm x 38cm

the define is nice looking, but to call it SFF is a stretch, its only a couple of cm smaller than the define r3

define r3 = 21cm x 44cm x 52cm
define mini = 21cm x 40cm x 49cm
tj08 = 20cm x 38cm x 38cm

Oh, I fully agree with you there. A 40 liter PC doesn't fit any meaningful definition of "SFF" in my view. Bit of terminological abuse IMO. Intel's definition of SFF is anything 17 liters and under.

I was wondering if he had some other issue with the case, in terms of quality issues or what have you.

Actually I've had my eye on the Fractal Design Core 1000, which is pretty close in size to the TJ08 (27 vs 28l). Not particularly keen on the mesh front though - would definitely like to see one that size using the Define's style of front panel/door.

Curious... what don't you like about the Define Mini? Personally I prefer the cleaner looking front over the TJ-08E... is there some aspect of the layout or quality of the Define you don't like?

well, mostly due to the size of the case and you can't crossfire/sli with highend cards without removing the bottom harddrive cage, and to do that u need to drill out the hd cage rivets. But otherwise it is a great looking case, and excellent airflow (nearly the same cpu-temps as my old stacker 830 with 4*120mm fan sidepanel and noctua c14)

oh yeah... this will be my next case xD... very useful for lan party's =P it has even enough space for a lot of hard drives. hopefully the case weighs not too much. When will it be in store?

god when?! My H60 + i7@4GHz + 4 hdds waiting for it..

still no info at official silverstone website :/

Hi Marek,

TJ08B-E is not going to be available before end of July 2011.

Best Regards

Sebastian Ohl

SilverStone Technology GmbH
Brandstücken 43
22549 Hamburg
Germany

sadface..

want this. Using a Lian Li 351. Nice case but it heats up pretty good (1366). I usually leave the sides off and that seems to help. This case allows a bigger cooler and that massive fan in the front cant hurt.

I like the upside-down MB configuration.

Mmmmmmmm I'm having ideas about a 200mm rad with that 180mm fan mmmmmmmmmmm. Removable drive cage is veeeery useful :)

I just hope there will be a silver version as well. I love the look of the tj08 in silver, but the design of the tj08e seems to be miles ahead of its predecessor.

i Just sold my fortress 3 for this, will be having a caseless pc for several weeks yet :)

i Just sold my fortress 3 for this, will be having a caseless pc for several weeks yet :)

I may do the same as soon as the summer ends. I'm not happy at all with my FT03, mind you, subpar product with an insane pricetag :mad::mad::mad:

Corsair and LianLi have managed easy to access removable dust filters...

I'd still take it off, just looks so half-assed... they could have easily done what Corsair did for their PSU intakes on the 800D/700D, just would have been more expensive... but at least it wouldn't look like that.

Also seems really weird to mount a PSU up top, but mount it upside down...

I also don't understand why easily removable dust filters aren't universal. Silverstone even has them on the FT03, so it's not like they don't know how to do it. :\

"stock of TJ08-E will arrive in USA next week" - SilverStone rep on their Facebook, today :)

Not long to wait now it seems!

pics from the manual that make me don't want this case...

GQP8R.png

ZtQ55.png

You mean the tight fit? It is supposed to be a SFF case....
i mean mini itx chassis like q08 or sg05 are better arranged and they are way smaller

the first pic make me feel i can cook some eggs in the cpu area but let's wait some reviews :)

Does look a little tight but that's with an 180mm PSU which I guess is relatively long. Still do-able though. As for the hard drives, I only have one so that's going at the bottom and I'll take out the cage to let more airflow through. I can see how it might be a problem for some people.

Shouldnt really be a problem for me as I'll be using an antec khuler 620 and a smaller psu :)

i mean mini itx chassis like q08 or sg05 are better arranged and they are way smaller

the first pic make me feel i can cook some eggs in the cpu area but let's wait some reviews :)

Of course there smaller there mitx, but you cant fit 4 3.5" hdds and two 5.25" drives and sli or xfire gfx in those cases can you?

Of course there smaller there mitx, but you cant fit 4 3.5" hdds and two 5.25" drives and sli or xfire gfx in those cases can you?
of course you can't, mini itx just have 1 pci slot and are way smaller... i think you didn't get the point of my reply, i wasn't talking about size i just don't like the arrangement inside this case

of course you can't, mini itx just have 1 pci slot and are way smaller... i think you didn't get the point of my reply, i wasn't talking about size i just don't like the arrangement inside this case

I guess I can see where your coming from, personally i like the arrangement, i did think that the psu and optical were a bit tight but I think as its been mentioned thats a slightly oversized one so it shouldnt be too bad, but in the picture thats one huge hsf is it not?

Yeah... those pics are worst-case scenario when it comes to components. I plan on just putting a SSD and a HDD in whatever optical bay makes it easiest to route cables coming out of the PSU. Then I can throw another HDD in that bottom removable spot. Pop the 4-drive bay out and cable management and airflow are perfect.

Back