Silverstone TJ-08?

natermeister

Limp Gawd
I'm going to build a small form factor, or at least smaller, computer for my daily activities. It will run Linux.

Anyhow, has anyone used the Silverstone TJ-08? It looks like a case that would be small enough, yet fit easily next to my gaming rig underneath my desk. The other option is the Sugo from Silverstone, but with the TJ-08 I could install a small water cooling setup with minimal difficulty.

well if this is a small non gaming rig, why not get a small Micro-Fly. I think the TJ-08 is just to big for a SFF PC.

Yeah, I just thought about it again and the TJ08 is a bit big. I think I'll use the Sugo instead, or check on this Micro-Fly you speak of.

I got the TJ-08 and i tell you... You can fit 2 8800GTXs, 2x 120mm Radiators a decently sized PSU and much more!

Not exactly 'small' but its smaller then normal, easier to carry to LANs then ATX PCs etc.

Yeah, I just thought about it again and the TJ08 is a bit big. I think I'll use the Sugo instead, or check on this Micro-Fly you speak of.

I got a review of the TJ08 coming out (I really need to post it...its been done for awhile) and it is nice but does have a few issues with compatibility such as the size of the RAM and possibly the hard drive hitting the CPU heat sink. Otherwise it is a very very nice case.

The SG01 and MicroFly are nice as well. They got a new MicroFly out that comes with a PSU http://www.sffclub.com/store/index....id=230&zenid=12dda87a140f032c9a9ce9d39badba24

but again you are limited in Heatsink size.

The SG01 has the NT06 Lite cooler whic his a good cooler for that case and its a nice package because you can get the case, cooler, sugo pack, and PSU for a pretty good price.

For watercooling you might be able to use the TJ08...how are you planning on doing it? I can check it out for you if you like!

I consider the TJ08 more as a mATX mini-tower than a SFF but thats just me. It is a nice looking case though. Clean lines. Elegant look.

In the unlikely event that I setup water cooling in my TJ08, I'd mount the radiator and fan on the rear exhaust and have an integrated pump/reservoir in a 5.25 bay. It would only be there to cool the CPU. If I couldn't fit the rad and fan in the case, I'd mount the rad outside using the rear exhaust and have the fan blowing through it.

I think I'll be going with the Sugo anyhow.

I'd take the TJ-08, way more flexible. And it's really quiet too.

I'd take the TJ-08, way more flexible. And it's really quiet too.

A case is only as quiet as its fans and how restrictive the fan grills are. The more restrictive stock fan grills force fans to work harder to move air. When that happens, the fan will obviously make more noise. If you cut out the stock fan grills and replace them with grills that allow much more air flow, AND replace the stock fans with fans that have low noise levels, you can make any case quiet.

I really like the looks and airflow of the TJ-08 and it was in my short list when I built my last PC. I ended up going with and Antec NSK2400 because it fit my situation the best. I have limited desktop space and dual display setup when using my work laptop on a stand. So a case that I could set my monitor on top of fit the space requirements the best. It's not as small as a cube style case, but it's footprint is small for the style of case. Unless height is a major restriction. I don't think the footprint of a Microfly is much smaller than that of a TJ-08 and the whole idea behind SFF is to limit the amount of space it uses. Getting a 120mm intake and exhaust is a definite plus. Enjoy the TJ-08, it's a great case.

Steeeve, I'm really interested in the TJ08 review. I've been thinking about the SG01, but I'd really like to look into a watercool solution. I don't want everything mounted on the outside like it looks would be the case with the SG01.

I ended up going with and Antec NSK2400 because it fit my situation the best. So a case that I could set my monitor on top of fit the space requirements the best.
Aren't you blocking off the top vents of the NSK2400 putting a monitor on top of it?

Steeeve, I'm really interested in the TJ08 review. I've been thinking about the SG01, but I'd really like to look into a watercool solution. I don't want everything mounted on the outside like it looks would be the case with the SG01.

The worklog I completed is basically a mini-review of the TJ08 with LOTS of pictures. I was looking for information on the TJ08 myself and couldn't find much at all, that's why I made my last build a worklog in order to help people looking for information on this case.

I highly recommend you check it out. TJ08 worklog

Back