SilverStone SX800-LTI 800W Titanium SFX-L

I was looking for more info on experiences with teh SX80-LTI so have had to go forum spelunking.

I'm sitting here working on a build with a 3080 in an ncase M1. My how these comments have aged badly as now the hot build is a 125W TDP 10900k and a 320w graphics card. Hehe.

I was looking for more info on experiences with teh SX80-LTI so have had to go forum spelunking.

I'm sitting here working on a build with a 3080 in an ncase M1. My how these comments have aged badly as now the hot build is a 125W TDP 10900k and a 320w graphics card. Hehe.
This may not matter since it sounds like you are in need of a PSU right now, but Silverstone is releasing their 1000 watt SFX-L unit before the end of the year. That would be most ideal imo.

However, if you had to buy right now I'd almost think to suggest the Corsair SF-750 over the 800lti. I say that as I have heard of the 750 actually handling up to 1000 watts before tripping on overcurrent I think it was. I would have to find the review though for reference.

This may not matter since it sounds like you are in need of a PSU right now, but Silverstone is releasing their 1000 watt SFX-L unit before the end of the year. That would be most ideal imo.

However, if you had to buy right now I'd almost think to suggest the Corsair SF-750 over the 800lti. I say that as I have heard of the 750 actually handling up to 1000 watts before tripping on overcurrent I think it was. I would have to find the review though for reference.

Sf750 has been out of stock everywhere. Currently you can get one for the affordable price of $286.

I needed one and snagged the st800 for $186. Now that is running up too. ~$220.

It should be sufficient and keep me in the efficiency sweet spot under full load.

I wonder if the SF600 is similar (not up to 1000W, but more than 600). Don't really want to look for a new PSU for a 3080/Big Navi.

SF 600 hits 813 watts in this review before tripping
I wonder if the SF600 is similar (not up to 1000W, but more than 600). Don't really want to look for a new PSU for a 3080/Big Navi.
I will say, I'm sure you wouldn't want to live frequently above your PSUs rated spec, but it is nice to know it can handle some transients from time to time. I imagine the limiting factor here would be temperatures

Optimum tech had a video with a bunch of sfx psus and the 3080. 600 was sufficient especially if you undervolt and aren't using a high tdp processor that is overcooked. It's worth a watch.

The SX800-LTI will be more than sufficient for a 3080 build. Hardware Canucks used our SX700-PT to power their 3090 system:

FYI, the sx800-lti will NOT work with a 3080 in an ncase M1. It is jsut too big. I snagged a SX700-PT and that is working fine for my 3080 build so far. But of note the cords are more stupid than the sx800's. The 8 pin cables for the video card are different lengths and come in really long and insanely long. I don't what the hell they were thinking. One's like 22" and the other is ~25". PLUS you add in the FE dongle.

My psu direct to 12 pin adapter can't get here soon enough.

Yeah the Ncase doesn't like SFX-L PSUs. Like it'll "fit" but probably flex your GPU PCB more than you'd like

Back