Silverstone SX700-LPT 700W Platinum SFX-L

Ah so the SX800-LTi is in US stores this month ? Excellent, no need to wait for the SX700-LPT !

1st - I don't think he said that, you misunderstood him, he is saying that the 750w (peak 800w) lian-li PSU was released a couple weeks before, in the US, than the Silverstone one... And he is saying that the 750w lian-li PSU is a "detuned" 800w PSU...

2nd - We don't need to wait for the SX700-LPT, is already out there... Check in amazon, ebay and (i think) even newegg has it...

No offence intended Phuncz, is just that i saw your comment and i got hyped for a second... I couldn't believe what i was reading... "in US stored this month" almost cried of happyness... :)

Last edited:
1st - I don't think he said that, you misunderstood him, he is saying that the 750w (peak 800w) lian-li PSU was released a couple weeks before, in the US, than the Silverstone one... And he is saying that the 750w lian-li PSU is a "detuned" 800w PSU...
Than I don't get why he used that argument against Meaker, since Lian-Li beat the SX700-LPT and the platform the SX800-LTi is based on, to market. If he just wanted to point out that there was more fine-tuning and certification needing to be done, he should have just said that.

2nd - We don't need to wait for the SX700-LPT, is already out there... Check in amazon, ebay and (i think) even newegg has it...
The world doesn't live in the US alone ;)

No offence intended Phuncz, is just that i saw your comment and i got hyped for a second... I couldn't believe what i was reading... "in US stored this month" almost cried of happyness... :)
I would love it too, waiting almost half a year is annoying.

Ah so the SX800-LTi is in US stores this month ? Excellent, no need to wait for the SX700-LPT !

I sensed a bit of sarcasm there. :) But no, SX800-LTI's development is not completed yet unfortunately, but as you can tell now, it's already capable of hitting 750W and 80 Platinum reliably in production form.

Personally, I'm excited about the SX800-LTI since it again raises the SFX bar, which the SX700-LPT just did a moment ago. But I am curious why the extra time is needed for development. Not that I don't see the use for it, I'm curious what Silverstone is doing to go the extra mile. The SX700-LPT seems to be a top performer with the first reviews, the only "issue" could be the missing ATX to SFX bracket, but the Silverstone PP08B ATX to SFX bracket solves that issue. The only problem with the 800W version is that it's not here yet :(

Has anyone upgraded to the 700L? Interested to hear your thoughts on the noise vs the 500L.

I've read the few review, but keen to hear from someone using it for longer than "testing"...

Has anyone upgraded to the 700L? Interested to hear your thoughts on the noise vs the 500L.

I've read the few review, but keen to hear from someone using it for longer than "testing"...

I just received mine. Going to put it into an NCase M1 with an
Asrock X99e-itx
Xeon 2696 V3
32 GB Ram
295X2 or Titan Z
Water Cooled, hopefully 700W should be enough.

I just received mine. Going to put it into an NCase M1 with an
Asrock X99e-itx
Xeon 2696 V3
32 GB Ram
295X2 or Titan Z
Water Cooled, hopefully 700W should be enough.

So how did it go ? Does it suffer from the same noise issues as the 500-LG ?

So how did it go ? Does it suffer from the same noise issues as the 500-LG ?

Will install this weekend. I'm getting the 295X2 next week and changed the configuration a bit, the motherboard will now be an Asrock Z97e-itx/ac with a 4790K.

You say, you want to watercool the components. Do you have an external radiator then? Because I already had problems to cool an i5 and Titan X with internal radiators.

You say, you want to watercool the components. Do you have an external radiator then? Because I already had problems to cool an i5 and Titan X with internal radiators.

I am mounting 2 radiators, 1 is an EK coolstream SE 240mm on the bottom with 2 silverstone 120mm slim fans, the other is an alphacool NexXxos XT45 92mm on the back with a Noctua 92x14mm. Between these two, I think it's plenty of cooling.

I had (and have) the EK SE 240 on the side with NB eLoops and a Magicool slim radiator with the Silverstone slim fans on the bottom. With just the Titan X and the i5 4690K, no board, RAM and peripherals PC PartPicker shows 334W TPD. I overclocked my GPU and measured once while gaming and surprisingly this is exactly the amount of watts my hole computer pulled out of the wall. With my cooling setup of two 240mm radiators I ended with temperatures between 60 and 70°C under load at 23°C ambient. For my taste, this was already too hot. I am happy to have the 1080 now. 300W for the whole system under load. GPU temps barely exceeding 50°C.

Now a 4790K and Titan Z, as you planned to use, show me a TPD of 463W at PC PartPicker. As long as you don't place your case in a fancy way, the bottom radiator won't perform very well, because there is not much room underneath the case and also not between the GPU and the radiator. I tested this a lot. I did a push-pull config with the side radiator and got better temperatures than using only one set of fans on the side plus a bottom radiator. The rear radiator will perform well, but it is just a 92mm radiator.
So, you will have more heat to dissipate than me with less radiator space. My guess is, you will end up with load temperatures in the 80s or even worse.

I just read again, that you already purchased the 295x2. 588W at PC PartPicker. Good luck :p

I also had to learn this painfully: Rule of thumb is, that you can cool 100W with 120mm radiator space, using fan speeds of 1200rpm. I heard you can cool 200W with 120mm radiator space, if using fans spinning 2400rpm. But this was never an option for me because I care about noise. I don't see how you want to water-cool a 295x2 internally inside the NCase M1.

I had (and have) the EK SE 240 on the side with NB eLoops and a Magicool slim radiator with the Silverstone slim fans on the bottom. With just the Titan X and the i5 4690K, no board, RAM and peripherals PC PartPicker shows 334W TPD. I overclocked my GPU and measured once while gaming and surprisingly this is exactly the amount of watts my hole computer pulled out of the wall. With my cooling setup of two 240mm radiators I ended with temperatures between 60 and 70°C under load at 23°C ambient. For my taste, this was already too hot. I am happy to have the 1080 now. 300W for the whole system under load. GPU temps barely exceeding 50°C.

Now a 4790K and Titan Z, as you planned to use, show me a TPD of 463W at PC PartPicker. As long as you don't place your case in a fancy way, the bottom radiator won't perform very well, because there is not much room underneath the case and also not between the GPU and the radiator. I tested this a lot. I did a push-pull config with the side radiator and got better temperatures than using only one set of fans on the side plus a bottom radiator. The rear radiator will perform well, but it is just a 92mm radiator.
So, you will have more heat to dissipate than me with less radiator space. My guess is, you will end up with load temperatures in the 80s or even worse.

I just read again, that you already purchased the 295x2. 588W at PC PartPicker. Good luck :p

I also had to learn this painfully: Rule of thumb is, that you can cool 100W with 120mm radiator space, using fan speeds of 1200rpm. I heard you can cool 200W with 120mm radiator space, if using fans spinning 2400rpm. But this was never an option for me because I care about noise. I don't see how you want to water-cool a 295x2 internally inside the NCase M1.

I'll let you know how things go. I don't mind running the fans a bit faster and I'm eagerly awaiting the Noctua 120mm slim fans which should debut late this year.

Beside the extra 100W, what does the SX800-LTI brings to the table that the sx700-LPT doesn't ?

Personally I'm mainly looking at the SX700W for the quiet fan profile, as I doubt I will ever use more than 400W in my Ncase. I get that some people whant to SLI in mATX cases, but for that, does the extra 100W really matter ?

It brings 100W. I'm over 600W (613W via PCpartpicker) at stock and overclocking will only take that figure up (I'm using dual PSU at the mo!). A 5820K at 4.4GHz can easily double its power consumption so that would put me at 753W at full load. Either I run at: stock with plenty of margin, slight OC and minimal overhead, or wait.

By the way, what is the MSRP for the sx700-LPT in Europe ? In France I can only find it at 180+ euros.

By the way, what is the MSRP for the sx700-LPT in Europe ? In France I can only find it at 180+ euros.

237 € (approx. 260 USD) in Croatia, almost half of my monthly salary. But I was waiting for this PSU for months, so I had to order it :)

Can someone confirm me that it can feet in a ncase with à 1080 gtx customed with a arctic accéléro III?
As any one trier to customize this PSU with à better fan?

Can someone confirm me that it can feet in a ncase with à 1080 gtx customed with a arctic accéléro III?
As any one trier to customize this PSU with à better fan?

It's the same dimensions as the 500-L, so based on that should fit fine - it will just be tight where the cables and card meet.

I am going to order customized câble. Should I make any spécial request in order to make it a tightless fit?

I was interested in buying this, but the user reviews on Newegg don't look good. I was going to use a RVZ02 case but it sounds like they don't work well together if the fan doesn't come on when the temperature increases as one user suggests

For those interested in the sx700-lpt, I recently switched my sx500-lg for one in order to have a little quieter build, and it didn't end well.... It seems that since the sx700's fan curve is almost entirely load based and not temperature based, the fan doesn't ramp up enough on even if the temperature rises. And since ly current case, the Ncase M1 tend to run hot, I get power failure almost every time after 1h-1h30 of gaming.

I'm looking into improving my airflow with changing my fan setup, but the smart move might be to go with another PSU...

That's really too bad because I didn't experience any coil whine or rattling this time around.

For those interested in the sx700-lpt, I recently switched my sx500-lg for one in order to have a little quieter build, and it didn't end well.... It seems that since the sx700's fan curve is almost entirely load based and not temperature based, the fan doesn't ramp up enough on even if the temperature rises. And since ly current case, the Ncase M1 tend to run hot, I get power failure almost every time after 1h-1h30 of gaming.

I'm looking into improving my airflow with changing my fan setup, but the smart move might be to go with another PSU...

That's really too bad because I didn't experience any coil whine or rattling this time around.
Thats really good to know that this issue keeps cropping up. If I go this upgrade route I think I'll have a quiet fan directed at it constantly.

Also, new review...
Silverstone SX700-LPT PSU

i bought this psu considering to build:
i5 600
8gb ram 2133
noctua l9i
dan a4-sfx case
and this Silverstone sx700lpt
Do you think can i run my sistem quiet without noise? pcpartpicker signs 298w TDP so i would have room for a 1080ti in the future too.
Do you think that a fan replacement in Silverstone sx700lpt is good? i was thinking at

Last edited:
i bought this psu considering to build:
i5 600
8gb ram 2133
noctua l9i
dan a4-sfx case
and this Silverstone sx700lpt
Do you think can i run my sistem quiet without noise? pcpartpicker signs 298w TDP so i would have room for a 1080ti in the future too.
Do you think that a fan replacement in Silverstone sx700lpt is good? i was thinking at

Don't know what kind of TDP a 1080 Ti would have, but with the current 1080 card in your system, the SX700-LPT likely won't have to spin up its fan at all during idle conditions while going up to low end of its rpm curve when loaded.

From our point of view as a manufacturer, we would recommend that you don't replace the fan in the SX700-LPT of course as this will void its warranty.

Had the most terrible experience with the SX700-LPT today and I've never had issues with Silverstone PSUs in the past. First off, Amazon shipped the PSU with the original box as the actual box. Like WTH? They basically slapped the shipping label on it and even the lid flaps weren't even taped! The thing could have just opened and literally fell out. When I first got it I was really surprised but since nothing seemed to be missing I installed it into a brand new system with the new Titan X. Booted it up and installed OS, seems fine. Then I take it to the office today, plug it into the wall and boot it up. All is well. Go into the conference room for like literally 5 mins and hear a loud pop! A really really loud pop! Coworkers look up because all their monitors had shut off, apparently the circuit breaker also tripped. Next thing I smell is the 'magic smoke' coming from the system. I'm like, oh dear, the TITANNNNN! I inspected the system and it seems that everything else seems fine except the smell coming direct from the PSU, not sure what happened but maybe a blown capacitor? Anyways, this as literally 3 hours ago. I swapped in a Corsair SF600 and now all is up and running well. I'm not going to open the PSU to see what happened because that would void the warranty, just going to return it to amazon for a refund. Suffice to say, it's either the packaging or the PSU or maybe both that is at fault. I'll post a pic of the PSU box when I pack it up.

Is the 700 just a bad play? I'm about to start purchasing for my build. Is the SF600 way more reliable?

SF600 has better efficiency, but if you also want quiet operation, the SF450 is more than enough for GTX 1080 i7 builds.

Had the most terrible experience with the SX700-LPT today and I've never had issues with Silverstone PSUs in the past. First off, Amazon shipped the PSU with the original box as the actual box. Like WTH? They basically slapped the shipping label on it and even the lid flaps weren't even taped! The thing could have just opened and literally fell out.

Surprising to hear Amazon would ship any PSU this way. Please do keep us updated on this!

Back