Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX

Just got the solid front version :)

Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. B is a perfect fit, it won't touch the psu.
I've got a 160mm PSU but it's not a problem, just mounted the ssd on the bottom.

Too bad no screws for the front fan were included, have to get some tomorrow, then i'll post some pictures:)

P8Z77-I
Seasonic X-560
Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev B
Crucial MX100 512GB

BvlNKyum.jpg

QPG5uFAm.jpg

kikGdWhm.jpg

vZQZairm.jpg

lSZvtfHm.jpg

muFEfhqm.jpg

I'm bummed out now, the power led connector tore off so easily on the front panel its not even funny. I think its the power wires because when I put the 2 ends together it powers up my system.

Sorry about the delay on this project, we've been trying to hit the price target that we quoted during Computex.

@Tony Ou

Tony, is there anyway that you can please help that I can get Silverstone to please send me a new front panel or replacement switch if I get into contact with them tomorrow?

I really like the look of this case, it's very nice. If I can make a recommendation, the wires going to the power and reset and very flimsy and I hope you guys fix that with a new revision for this case or you will have more of these reports coming in.

Last edited:
I did the same with my SG05 back in the day, broke the power button trying to sleeve it. They sent me a replacement at a reasonable price.

Use the contact page http://www.silverstonetek.com/contactus.php?area=en
Fill in your correct area and choose "Sales and purchasing" in the request.

WiSK, are they pretty good about getting back to customers in a reasonable amount of time? I have to say that the product managers from Silverstone that visit here and OCN have really disappeared big time, unlike Corsair, if you have an issue with their products you can get in touch with their staff on the forums very easily.

I'm very interested to see my temps in this case, but can't really yet because I have the power cables hanging out for using as jumpers to start the system. LOL!

Last edited:
a fucking longer sg05 for fucks sake, same shit, 1" longer, it aint quantum physics for fucks sake.

to fix the single biggest problem that all of we who use this case in the last five years have? :rolleyes:

What problem is that? I have a 980 and a full loop inside my SG13.

Last edited by a moderator:
without using the .jpg, it said "05" on the post.

I'm sorry, but the only "problem" that most people complained about was having to cut-out on the front panel for the SG05 - that was resolved with the SG13, as well as ATX PSUs, without making a huge size increase.

Hence why we don't understand your complaining.

I called Silverstone support and they are sending me out another power switch. For those that are going with this case, just be very careful with the wires in that area on the panel.

i just posted my wishes of wanting a 1" longer sg05 as theres plenty of others wanting the same without having to resort to an sg013 which most people find ugly, thats all.

Then you're 1" shorter than a CM Elite 130.

Looks like I should have my replacement power button with new wires in 2 days, glad they shipped out via priority.

Last edited by a moderator:
any other good options for an air cooler in this case? preferably with 120mm fan. the scythe looks good but i've found slim fans to be very ineffective. i'd like to run a 4790k without going above 1000rpm

One of My power button wires was already off as I took the front panel off, one wire is still attached but the other is off so my guess is that it will not work.
Didn't matter that I was careful either.

One of My power button wires was already off as I took the front panel off, one wire is still attached but the other is off so my guess is that it will not work.
Didn't matter that I was careful either.

I would contact [email protected] and tell them what happened. I think they really need to hear from a few people how cheap the cables were placed on the power/reset PCB. Nothing against Silverstone which I have owned many of their cases/PSU's in the past, but some things are really cheap on this case, including the paint coming off on the HDD tray and I'm having a bit of an issue closing the panel for the case. Not even my Cooler Master Elite 130 had these kind of issues and that is a $40 case with more space meaning that it probably was more expensive to produce.

I would have easily paid a little more for a little more quality, have had a tj08b-e and ps07b for some years now which are solid.

Sent email about power switch, one is being sent already, using an old power switch for now.
Closing the case is a chore for sure.

Love the sg13,gonna get one of each, one mesh which I have now and one flat like the ps07(sons comp)
They both need a front fan speed switch like the tj08, maybe I should wait and see if they will make a sg13v.2?

SG13 setup...PNY gtx650 2g ddr5,8gigs mem, ASRock H97M-ITX, i5 4590 stock speed and f/h tim, Rosewill 140mm for front fan, 120g ssd for os and 2tb 2.5 for data which I couldn't get them installed on metal plate up above (best place for stashing cords) so they are sitting on side of 140mm front fan and on the side of the psu opposite vid card.

Asrock has a silent mode for onboard fans and a standard mode, the silent mode lets my i5 get up to 65c randomly on idle (40c most of time) but will not go over 70c while gaming/stressed, where as on standard fan speed it never goes over 50c on idle (40c most of time) and never goes over 60c playing games/stressed.

Seems the cpu really doesn't need to be on water but thinking about doing it anyhow?
The gtx650 has never gone over 81c, playing Borderlands per-sequel @1080p high/phys-low plays smooth.

Putting in a smaller psu would give more room for sure.

(got the reinforced power switch in the mail yesterday)

Last edited:
I just noticed these are on Newegg now... But I also noticed the mATX SG11 which (to me) just came out of nowhere! I didn't even know that was planned--no idea how I missed that. Was in the market for an mATX case too but already bought a Bitfenix Pandora. If I'd known the SG11 was coming I would have waited.

I just noticed these are on Newegg now... But I also noticed the mATX SG11 which (to me) just came out of nowhere! I didn't even know that was planned--no idea how I missed that. Was in the market for an mATX case too but already bought a Bitfenix Pandora. If I'd known the SG11 was coming I would have waited.

IIRC the SG11 has been out for a long time before the SG13 was even announced.

Edit: Sorry I must've been thinking about the SG09/10.

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice the price jumping up at Amazon on these? They're now more than $20 above the original retail price, and these aren't the marketplace prices but the ones from Amazon directly.

Anyway, how does this case do with a non-reference, non-blower card? It seems to fair pretty well since airflow is unidirectional out the back of the case with the PSU venting. I'm currently running a dual-fan PNY 770 along with a 3570K cooled by an H60 in push/pull, with fans configured as intake. It seems to be doing well. I will say that it was a tight squeeze to get the SFX-L 500W in there along with the drive bay and two 2.5 drives. Overall an excellent case for the price.

Got mine turned on it's right side (cpu at bottom) with four little feet under each corner, there's a good half inch space for air flow and it seems to be keeping my stock 4590 about 5-8c cooler on average that way.

Last edited:
Got mine turned on it's right side (cpu at bottom) with four little feet under each corner, there's a good half inch space for air flow and it seems to be keeping my stock 4590 about 5-8c cooler on average that way.

Any particular reason you rotated it?

Any particular reason you rotated it?

Have it sitting on top another case in a tight spot and it's thinner that way, but also just to see if it would help cool down my 4590 (stock) a little more. (cool air coming up from the bottom, wish they made the mesh on the cpu side as big as the vid card side)

Anyone have the new EVGA 970 ftw+ acx2.0 in this case and also have a 140mm front fan?

Wondering if it will fit because evga states that the card is 10.1" , the older models are more like 9.5" which should work with a 140mm ff, though I'm not sure about a card that's 10.1".

Looks like the MSI GTX 970 Gaming is made for this case, fits perfect.

Can you confirm the MSI 970 GAMING does in fact fit in this case. Getting conflicting answers on this. I know there is a pic but want to make sure no modding was required.

Thanks,

Lenselijer, can you confirm that using a video card in that case, with no exhaust in the mounting slots (like your MSI 970 gaming), will not affect the cooling system in any way? I mean drops in air flow, high temps? I would like to use that case and Asus Strix 960 OC in my build, but at many sites I have seen that people usually use the cards with turbine-based cooling solution with the exhaust to the outside of the case .

edit: ahh, sorry. Now I see there is a mesh on the GPU side panel of the case, so... I did not asked that question ;)

In addition, can anyone suggest a budget mITX mobo for i3/i5 and CPU classic (not LC) silent cooling solution that will fit that case with a GPU mentioned above?
This one seems to fit and is quite not expansive:
http://www.xigmatek.com/product.php?productid=203&type=specification

Last edited:
i have case, i love !
but my psu is 16cm, i want psu sfx or sfx-l silverstone, which recommend sx500-lg or sx600-g?
thanks

how one can check with the local dealer PCB version. I decided to buy a GTX 970 instead of 960, but I want to still use sugo13. How can I be sure it will fit ? I would rather not be forced to do a return procedure and extend the time of the whole build.

how one can check with the local dealer PCB version. I decided to buy a GTX 970 instead of 960, but I want to still use sugo13. How can I be sure it will fit ? I would rather not be forced to do a return procedure and extend the time of the whole build.

Mine fit, which 970 did you buy? Mine fits perfectly.

i didn't, yet.
They say I have to check MSI website for actual specifications. It is 10,59" width and 5,55" height, so both exceed SUGO13 limitations.
Did you buy ASUS? Or MSI?
it seems that Palit Jetstream 970 will fit easily as it is 9,7" and 4,9" in height. It has much more louder cooling system as well as it is OCing lower, however.

Back