Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX

hey guys is this out yet?
When is the release and how does it compare to the SG05-LITE?

Sorry about the delay on this project, we've been trying to hit the price target that we quoted during Computex. Had this case been released back in 2009 with the material cost then, we probably would have done it by now. For those of you still waiting, if SG13 is now a $35 ~ $40 case, would you still get it?

$35 ~ $40 is fine! Hopefully the steel case would have a better finish than the SG05.

Like this?

Found here: http://akiba-pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/news/20141010_670947.html

Now the side vents on the front panel make more sense.

those aluminum plates for the front panel look awesome! i would like one of those..

Sorry about the delay on this project, we've been trying to hit the price target that we quoted during Computex. Had this case been released back in 2009 with the material cost then, we probably would have done it by now. For those of you still waiting, if SG13 is now a $35 ~ $40 case, would you still get it?

if we get the case together with at least one of those aluminum plates for the front (i prefer the color black be included), and of course the original mesh front plate, for around $40, i'll take it! :)

Last edited:
those aluminum plates for the front panel look awesome! i would like one of those..

if we get the case together with at least one of those aluminum plates for the front (i prefer the color black be included), and of course the original mesh front plate, for around $40, i'll take it! :)

@Tony Ou
I would definitely get this case at that price point!!;) when is the release date? :D

It doesn't so much 'encase' the computer as it does 'enmesh' it. Heh.

The AR06 will be 58mm tall with the fan.

Like the FT03-MINI, SG13 shares the same internal base structure with SG05 so they are offset the same. In the SG13, we made it easier for user to fit even a 140mm AIO too (with some sacrifices to room for graphics card and drive space).

I agree, we are definitely studying the state of GPU coolers and see how we can contribute to the market in SilverStone's unique ways.

The SG13 will likely see general availability in Q4 timeframe.

What i wanna know is when can we see the ML06-E that is my dream steam box case right there

i hope the Front I/O cables of the SG13 are all black.

and also, i hope the cables for the front Audio Jacks are a bit longer so they can be routed better, as the ones on the SG05 are too short, making them impossible to route around the motherboard.

and one more thing, how i wish they will use a flat, flexible cable for the internal USB 3.0 header.

if implementing these stuff i mentioned adds up to the cost, as long as its still less than $50, i think its still reasonable, right?

:)

keep in mind I already have the SG05 so this would just be a new case to play with. Also, I'm basing my thoughts on the case shown in computex and not the pics posted by vipz)

$30 - will be an instant buy (even if it's the ugly one shown in June)
$35 - will think about it, and then buy.
$40 - Depends on the internal layout and only if this price includes one of the (aluminum?) colored panels

To sum up, if its cheaper than the CM Elite 130, will buy and will be my recommended case for sff builds. (and make sure the ATX psu will not stick out the back like the elite 130)

Also, bump for release date of the SG13 and SX500LG

source: http://blog.livedoor.jp/bluejay01-review/archives/cat_182092.html
http://2ch.hork.info/res/anago.2ch.sc/jisaku/1411222450

found a new pic of whats behind the colored front panels and what it looks like with a thick and thin CLC.
I'm not sure what the small lip sticking out at the back is for. The psu support frame is on the side.

http://www.gdm.or.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/1004_01_akiba_1024x768_23.jpg
http://www.gdm.or.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/1004_01_akiba_1024x768_24.jpg
http://www.gdm.or.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/1004_01_akiba_1024x768_25.jpg

@tony, has the case been finalized? cause why isn't there a pci expansion between the psu and motherboard at the rear? Its one feature that would make the case better

They seem to have changed the legs as well. Seems like the front is now acting as the front legs.

Glad I found this before pulling the trigger on another brand name sff case. Any ETA yet?

they should kill this hideous thing instead of releasing it, hard to believe that is made by silverstone, blegh.

i have like.. a genious idea :rolleyes:, a so much better idea, how about... just making a new SG05/6 but two/two and half centimeters longer huh :rolleyes:? charge a hundred bucks for it for all i care, i would get one.

There's something about cubes I just can't stand. Well any case that is just a square or rectangle...I like some style or uniqueness.

I've got a Sugo 13 running with the following components:

SILVERSTONE Strider Essential ST70F-ESB 700W
XFX 290x (reference)

I'm looking to up the ante and run a 295x2. Has anyone been ridiculous enough to try this? I know I'll likely need to get a bigger PSU, and may need to do some modding to get the small fan/resevoir on the exterior of the case.

• What is the highest voltage PSU model I can get in this (thinking 800w is probably lowest I'd want to go with a 295x2)
  • Will the 295x2 actually fit (which is just over 12inch). My 290x is 10.6 inches with a bit of length to spare in the box

SG13 is now available in Hong Kong. It is now available in a computer store in Hong Kong called Capital Computer for HKD $399, which is around $51-$52.....

10885071_10152455634091502_7541682585709177365_n.jpg

10407214_10152455640406502_5142038745323943795_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/capitalcom...3741825.65889541501/10152455640406502/?type=1

https://www.facebook.com/capitalcom...3741825.65889541501/10152455634091502/?type=1

(in Chinese)

Well, I'm glad to know it's finally making it to the retail channels. Finally, Silverstone has a small mITX case that can fit an actual GPU! :p

SilverStone Hong Kong posted these promotional materials on their FB page.

13898_797446370314337_8349123835514304401_n.jpg

10425095_797446366981004_6008214816903608747_n.jpg

10675659_797446373647670_6503270012766130725_n.jpg

According to those materials, there are 2 versions of this case, which the only difference is on the front panel. One of the two is called SST-SG13B, which has a mesh front panel with filter built-in, and the filter is removable. The other one, called SST-SG13B-Q, has a aluminium-like plastic front panel, and the air should vent through the hole on the side of the front panel.

https://www.facebook.com/SilverStoneHK/posts/797446773647630 (in Chinese)

The 140mm fan holes look strange. If the topmost two holes on the front are for the 140mm fans, the bottom left hole is missing and the fan is dangling there.

The 140mm fan holes look strange. If the topmost two holes on the front are for the 140mm fans, the bottom left hole is missing and the fan is dangling there.

You don't need all four screws to hold a fan in place. I just have two for each fan on my h60 with no problems. But in regards to the strange shape, I'm guessing it's offset to the side so a 120mm radiator can be mounted horizontally and not interfere with the GPU or drive bays.

Still, it's not for me. Make an SFX version with a cleaner front panel and then it might be worth another look.

You don't need all four screws to hold a fan in place. I just have two for each fan on my h60 with no problems. But in regards to the strange shape, I'm guessing it's offset to the side so a 120mm radiator can be mounted horizontally and not interfere with the GPU or drive bays.

Still, it's not for me. Make an SFX version with a cleaner front panel and then it might be worth another look.

They have the cleaner front panel version (detailed in the post a couple of posts above yours), but the only real interesting thing to me is they basically did what many others (or anyone who wanted to fit a normal 10.5" GPU in there) has been doing for a while - cut a hole in the front metal structure.

In all, this looks like a clean update and modernization of both the SG05 and SG06 (since the "solid front panel" version still exists), with an expansion of options. I'll definitely pick it up when it hits the US market. My FT03-mini has been rather disappointing in acoustics (SFX 600W) and GPU support (especially for such a tall case - I also have a regular FT03, which I quite like, not to be confused with the FT03mini).

They have the cleaner front panel version (detailed in the post a couple of posts above yours), but the only real interesting thing to me is they basically did what many others (or anyone who wanted to fit a normal 10.5" GPU in there) has been doing for a while - cut a hole in the front metal structure.

In all, this looks like a clean update and modernization of both the SG05 and SG06 (since the "solid front panel" version still exists), with an expansion of options. I'll definitely pick it up when it hits the US market. My FT03-mini has been rather disappointing in acoustics (SFX 600W) and GPU support (especially for such a tall case - I also have a regular FT03, which I quite like, not to be confused with the FT03mini).

I wonder how much difference will there be in terms of cooling performance between the 2 versions...

Is that 61mm as the maximum CPU heatsink height?

Also, digging the extra inch of GPU clearance!

Product Page at Silverstone's website is up.

http://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=536

English at last. :)

can't wait to get my hands on one of these. will definitely grab the "Q" one; with the Faux Aluminum Front Plate.... yeah, you read that right, "Faux".. i was expecting "real" aluminum, but oh well, this will have to do. at least my SG05 can finally retire.

It's got ATX support built right in. That's nice, no mods required anymore for using quiet ATX PSUs.
I would have gotten one of those, if it weren't for my Ncase.

Damn. Looking around, just about any good PSU is 160mm depth (in addition to any decent fanless ones).

150mm max in this case, if you want to use the SSD/HDD tray (there is a 2.5" mount on the floor of the case, though - where the old front media panel was planned, though never released as a module).

This really seems like the metal chassis is merely a more holey version of the old one. :D I'm still picking it up, probably with a Seasonic fanless unit, anyways.

Silverstone has several supplies of their own that fit in this case, jeremy. The ST65F-G, the whole "PB" line (including the 700W) and a few others.

Damn. Looking around, just about any good PSU is 160mm depth (in addition to any decent fanless ones).

150mm max in this case, if you want to use the SSD/HDD tray (there is a 2.5" mount on the floor of the case, though - where the old front media panel was planned, though never released as a module).

This really seems like the metal chassis is merely a more holey version of the old one. :D I'm still picking it up, probably with a Seasonic fanless unit, anyways.

Silverstone has several supplies of their own that fit in this case, jeremy. The ST65F-G, the whole "PB" line (including the 700W) and a few others.

Although the spec stated the max. length is 150mm, SilverStone recommanded a 140mm long psu in the manual for easier cable management. They stated, if you use 150mm long psu, you are recommend to use SilverStone CP11 cable if you want to mount 2 2.5" drive in the drive cage.

Maximum depth for a standard PS/2 (ATX) power supply is 150mm. Models with modular cables may or may not fit depending on connector locations.
If upper drive cage is removed, there is nearly no limit to power supply depth, pending the thickness of the fan or radiator used on the front panel.

For more detail, you can take a look @ p.25 of the manual.

http://silverstonetek.com/downloads/Manual/case/Multi-SG13-Manual.pdf

Last edited:
^^ thanks for the recommendations! :D

Though I was mostly looking at fanless PSUs from silverstone and seasonic :eek: I haven't been to enamored with the Silverstone SFX 600W various noises in my current FT03-mini (not my sig build), and I want to overcorrect that issue, once and for all.

Back