Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX

hyp36rmax

n00b
Looks like we have a spiritual successor to the Sugo SG05 which will fit longer GPU's without cutting out the front panel, straight from Computex 2014. Otherwise known as the Silverstone SG13 Prototype. Target price is $30, with no internal 5.25 inch drive and optical bays. The front intake is compatible with a 120mm-140mm fan.

SG13 Dimensions: 222 mm (W) x 181 mm (H) x 285 mm (D) | 11.5L
SG05 Dimensions: 222 mm (W) x 176 mm (H) x 276 mm (D) | 10.8L

Source: http://www.eteknix.com/silterstone-...-reveal-loads-of-new-chassis-at-computex-2014

Source: http://www.techspot.com/news/57031-...ni-itx-case-and-a-massive-prototype-cube.html

Good evolution, I hope the options for mounting drive cages have been addressed. And can it fit the SFX-L sized PSU?

I see in that link also SG11 that looks like it is similar to the SG01 maybe.

I wonder what the SG12 will be.

It's good that they start to make smaller changes to the SG05 via this SG13. Look forward to the finished product. However, that front reminds me of those rather ugly (imho) CoolerMaster Elite SFFs fronts... I hope they can change the style a bit, and remove some of the plastic feeling.

<agh mother of all hangovers nngh..> hmmmmmm.. it looks like its the same thing with a new faceplate & front and without the odd.. yeah it solves all (most) issues with videocards but.. i dont like (find ugly) this, it should be covered:

500x1000px_ll_2756bd93_ss1.jpg

but is interesting. my sg05 is four years old and i want to get a new one.. it doesnt have any scratches or anything, i took good care of it but it doesnt look that good anymore, i guess the painting got a little old.. i'll wait until this one is available, then i'll choose.

<agh mother of all hangovers nngh..> hmmmmmm.. it looks like its the same thing with a new faceplate & front and without the odd.. yeah it solves all (most) issues with videocards but.. i dont like (find ugly) this, it should be covered:

500x1000px_ll_2756bd93_ss1.jpg

but is interesting. my sg05 is four years old and i want to get a new one.. it doesnt have any scratches or anything, i took good care of it but it doesnt look that good anymore, i guess the painting got a little old.. i'll wait until this one is available, then i'll choose.

I agree the honeycomb look on the side is a little different for my taste, I would suggest the USB 3.0 on the sides instead and have a cleaner looking face plate. I do like the subdued embossed Silverstone logo on the bottom left corner. Then again knowing Silverstone they will probably have an alternative in the SG14 hahaha.

Goo, that's ugly. 3 different vents/mesh all on one case. 1) weird from mesh that is pressed/checkered/corrigated, 2) the hex reliefs on the sides of the front panel and 3) the regular round hole aligned vents on the sides panels (how the SG05 is now). A little continuity would be nice. Hex mesh looks the best (IMO) but can actually be noisier than round mesh due to the sharp corners (which equates to increased air turbulence and thus more noise).

I agree, side mounted USB3.0 and button would be nice. Then may have the power and HDD LEDs behind the mesh so they are not visible unit lit.

I also wish the front panel would not protrude beyond the body of the case. Looks better when all the edges/lines line up.

Yeah, ugly. Function may over come it though. Have to wait and see.

Apparently this case will use ATX power supply unit. Also supports one 2.5'' and one 3.5'' drive. Will be interesting to see the internal layout in more detail. Should be available "soon" according to Tom's Hardware.

Apparently this case will use ATX power supply unit. Also supports one 2.5'' and one 3.5'' drive. Will be interesting to see the internal layout in more detail. Should be available "soon" according to Tom's Hardware.

Where did you get this information?

Found it:

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/silverstone-sg13-mini-itx-computex,27021.html

silverstone-sg13,0-R-439371-22.jpg

The case measures 222 x 181 x 285 mm, and has an internal capacity of 11.5 liters. Inside, users can mount a Mini-ITX motherboard along with an ATX PSU, compact cooling or water cooling, and a single 120 or 140 mm fan. There is also room for a single 3.5" drive and a single 2.5" drive. Space for graphics cards is limited, although most all Mini-ITX oriented cards should fit easily.

Ugly indeed. Why not just jack the Mac Pro G5 style. It makes sense for cooling while looking good. And the meshes won't be out of place. Random meshes on side panels is very ugly as well.

Odd. You'd think they would try to push their own products into this. ITX+SFX is like the standard now. I can understand why they don't have an optical drive bay, but why only two drive bays? At least have four 2.5 bays. And yes, it's ugly.

Pretty nice size. Hard to tell those with those pictures. Looking forward to some future builds.

ugly as hell. Tony Ou, come at us bro, let us try to fix this mess.

Fixed in SG14.
But I don't know why you guys hate the mesh. It has this utilitarian look.
Then again I personally think SG09 looks better than SG10.

i wont let them soil SG05's good name with that abomination, its war now.

Front is ugly. Side-mounted ports should be banned. Not everyone keeps their case on the same side of the desk the ports need to be on so they can be easily reached.

I love Silverstone but I have not been enjoying their recent designs. I am still waiting for them to give me a reason to retire my FT03-Mini.

Not sure why everyone is hating on this design. I think it actually looks better then the SG05

personally, i would like for them to keep the SFX PSU compatibility for the SG13. i don't like using the included bracket just to fit my SFX PSU in there.

I don't mind the front mesh at all, but the side hexagonal mesh looks unnecessary to me.

I also would like to see SS improve the ATX-SFX bracket to make better use of the space, e.g. include a few 2.5" drive mounts.

I just don't get that excited.
But most it's because of the lack of pictures from the inside.
Also I had my hops to the SG05 sequel would have front mounted PSU instead of over the mobo. (being a slightly smaller SG08).

So this was just a sneak peak, and were are left in the dark with an undefined "soon" availability? It's cruel.

Does anyone know the gpu length that silverstone will support? I believe the sg05 supported 10 inch cards, I'm hoping this sg13 will support 11 inch video cards. I'm debating between three cases: the sg13, the ncase m1, and the a4. That last one uses an external power supply so I'm really curious as to that one. I just don't know if I can find those dell adapters from a reliable source. I like the ncase m1, but if the sg13 will be smaller then that will be even better. Don't need water cooling or fancy coolers as I don't plan to overclock anything. Well I'd get an aftermarket cpu cooler but that's just to maintain great temperatures under load.

Does anyone know the gpu length that silverstone will support? I believe the sg05 supported 10 inch cards, I'm hoping this sg13 will support 11 inch video cards. I'm debating between three cases: the sg13, the ncase m1, and the a4. That last one uses an external power supply so I'm really curious as to that one. I just don't know if I can find those dell adapters from a reliable source. I like the ncase m1, but if the sg13 will be smaller then that will be even better. Don't need water cooling or fancy coolers as I don't plan to overclock anything. Well I'd get an aftermarket cpu cooler but that's just to maintain great temperatures under load.

Well if you consider the SG05 is 10.8 inches (276 mm) (including plastic front face plate) and can fit a GPU up to 9.5 inches (242 mm) in its factory trim, with a modified front frame panel you open up about 10.75 inches (273 mm) for a longer GPU.

In comparison to the new SG13 the minor gains you get with the depth opens up many higher end GPU's that usually come in at about 266 mm - 278 mm. We'll have to wait for the official announcement, however I have a strong feeling this case came to fruition because of this

I would say at least a 10.5 inch card and possibly an 11 inch or more with a dremel ;)

Hmm a 10.5 inch would be reasonable. Basically I'm looking to be able to put the highest single gpu nvidia card in there which I believe is 10.5 inches. At least the reference pcb. Some are 11 inches but those are usually very overclocked. I'm going to look back at years past for other nvidia cards and see what size were they. Fermi was 10.5 inches I believe, gtx 480 ti?

Hmm a 10.5 inch would be reasonable. Basically I'm looking to be able to put the highest single gpu nvidia card in there which I believe is 10.5 inches. At least the reference pcb. Some are 11 inches but those are usually very overclocked. I'm going to look back at years past for other nvidia cards and see what size were they. Fermi was 10.5 inches I believe, gtx 480 ti?

You have a few options if 10.5 Inch cards are your flavor. GTX 780 Ti / Titan Black are all 10.5 inches (266 mm). I wouldn't be surprised if the forthcoming GTX 880 will be the same.

Back