Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX

The fanless PSU has to be mounted so that heat can rise, and not sure the ventilated top area of the case covers the whole PSU? Probably more like 60% of it? Maybe good enough.

Should be enough. Tried it with a modded SG05 once and my Seasonic X-400-FL worked with no problems at all powering a comparably weak i3 3225 (low TDP) w/ GTX 650ti.

Heh, yeah, I am looking at using the Seasonic 520w fanless (it seems they have resolved the last electrical noise issues in that one), and hopefully, the headroom + efficiency on that unit will allow the less-than-optimal airflow setup to squeak by (though it will still have the front 120mm).

I also don't like Intel's bundled CPU coolers, so that's the next thing to go when I transfer the bones out of my FT03mini setup.

I was hoping that the MSI GTX 970 would fit, but it's 10.59inch...

my guess is it will fit... it practically already fits my SG05. It sticks out just a few mm from the cutout
Heh, yeah, I am looking at using the Seasonic 520w fanless (it seems they have resolved the last electrical noise issues in that one), and hopefully, the headroom + efficiency on that unit will allow the less-than-optimal airflow setup to squeak by (though it will still have the front 120mm).

Well, i just got one and it has a loud sizzling and ringing noise. hopefully its just my unit. The good thing is it makes almost no heat even under full load (4790k burn-in while 970 benchmarking) so I think it would be no problem at all in this case.

Well, it seems only the 400W is 100% immune (knock-knock-knock). So, I put in an order for that one.

Well, it seems only the 400W is 100% immune (knock-knock-knock). So, I put in an order for that one.

where did you hear that? i have the older gold fanless 400 as well and it makes electrical noise too. not as bad as the 520 platinum i just got, but it's far from silent

... seriously!? Oh well. The purchase has already been made, and I'm hoping for the best.

I wish SS didn't cheap out and instead created separate front bezels for the 13 and 13Q, like they did with the PS11:

np0IqEC.png

On the non-Q the side vent looks redundant with the mesh front. The fake aluminum insert on the Q is very obviously an insert.

I mean, the SG06-LITE can be had for $50. Would it kill to have a real aluminum front for the Q at about the same price?

... seriously!? Oh well. The purchase has already been made, and I'm hoping for the best.

Ugh. I'm trying out the PSU in a different case, and it's chirp-buzzing (best way to describe the sound) away.

Maybe it's a fan hitting a stray cable, but I haven't found any.

EDIT: solved the problem when I put in the old GTX295. Maybe there just wasn't enough power draw?

Last edited:
Sorry about the delay on this project, we've been trying to hit the price target that we quoted during Computex. Had this case been released back in 2009 with the material cost then, we probably would have done it by now. For those of you still waiting, if SG13 is now a $35 ~ $40 case, would you still get it?

Tony, has the SG13 started shipping to places like Amazon and Newegg or is that later this month?

Great to see this thread thriving! Looking forward to the release of this case in North America

These are in stock now at several Australian suppliers. $55 in the local currency, vs $50 for the SG05.

I am not a fan of this... It doesnt optimize the room for water cooling. It will be a fight to install everything.

Specs say it supports cards up to 10.5 in. I'm hoping I can jam an msi gtx 980 (10.98 in.) in this. Has anyone tried? Or trimmed the case or card?

Guess I'll try an msi gtx 970 (10.59 in). Wish me luck :D

Good luck! I'm actually very interested in your results. I have been wanting to move my build over to a new case and all my current parts are compatible except possibly my msi gtx 970. Also I'm interested in seeing how system temps are with a non-blower gpu.

Guess I'll try an msi gtx 970 (10.59 in). Wish me luck :D

Theres no way it won't fit... it just about fits in my regular SG05. i have a cutout but it only sticks past the cutout by a few mm... just the tip of the plastic shroud... the actual heatsink itself would just touch the case wall. this is an MSI GTX970 GAMING 4G, not sure if the other models are a different size

Theres no way it won't fit... it just about fits in my regular SG05. i have a cutout but it only sticks past the cutout by a few mm... just the tip of the plastic shroud... the actual heatsink itself would just touch the case wall. this is an MSI GTX970 GAMING 4G, not sure if the other models are a different size

So the quoted width restriction of 5.11" isn't an issue? That restriction was listed in the SG05 and SG08 but the MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G has a width of 5.55".

It would be good to know. I like the larger fans on the MSI 970s compared to the Strix and Gigabyte fans.

Yeah, I was looking at that as well. Shipping seems steep at $44 for a 10-lb case :(

I went with one from Aerocooler on eBay as well. I don't understand why it won't be here until 3/12, but eh, hopefully faster than that.

$20 is a bit much for shipping. Funny that they're in Walnut and I'm in Walnut Creek, CA. But that's a 6 hour drive :( I'm just glad this is finally in the US

So the quoted width restriction of 5.11" isn't an issue? That restriction was listed in the SG05 and SG08 but the MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G has a width of 5.55".

It would be good to know. I like the larger fans on the MSI 970s compared to the Strix and Gigabyte fans.

As a follow-up, someone did throw an MSI GTX 970 into an SG13:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1494564/silverstone-sugo-sg13-mini-itx-owners-club/250_50#post_23620533

Looks like it fit without any major issues.

Got the case today. Notice that the front filter is missing. Its illustrated on the instruction manual. Can someone that owns the case let me know if yours came with the filter?

Got the case today. Notice that the front filter is missing. Its illustrated on the instruction manual. Can someone that owns the case let me know if yours came with the filter?

Mine has a filter - are you talking about the B?

Forgot to post these here for you guys, got mine from Aerocool on eBay:
GIGABYTE GA-Z87N-WIFI
SILVERSTONE ST55F-G 550W
G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB
CORSAIR Hydro H55
SAMSUNG 840 Pro 256GB
Silverstone SG13B-Q

Back