Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX

You have a few options if 10.5 Inch cards are your flavor. GTX 780 Ti / Titan Black are all 10.5 inches (266 mm). I wouldn't be surprised if the forthcoming GTX 880 will be the same.

Nice. I just took a look at nvidia's history and it seems most of the highest end cards were 10.5 inches. I think I saw an evga 8800 gtx at 10.6 but that's close enough. So it looks like they will stay consistent.

By the way, did anyone notice how the 7800 gtx was a single slot card? It only required 1 6 pin connector and was around 9 inches in length. Not only that it was a single slot card. I thought that was pretty amazing. Have graphic cards needed more cooling as time has passed? It seems like it. I wonder if pci express has anything to do with it considering the fact that it does allow more bandwidth. Before pci express there was agp but I don't know if nvidia's cards took advantage of agp or just stuck with pci.

Not to bad but deffinatly not great i'd like to see a evolution of the SG03

Thought Tony would have commented by now. So how long do you all think it will be till the SG14 comes out?

Have graphic cards needed more cooling as time has passed? It seems like it. I wonder if pci express has anything to do with it considering the fact that it does allow more bandwidth. Before pci express there was agp but I don't know if nvidia's cards took advantage of agp or just stuck with pci.

Yes but now it appears to be going the other way. 750ti is available as both slot-powered only and single slot. Rumors abound about the forthcoming 8-series being significantly less power hungry with the 860ti possible coming in around 100W (single 6 pin PCIe connector). Compare that to a 560ti (dual 6 pin) which peaks anywhere from 160W to 215W depending on the model and OCing. The top-end cards still appear to be monsters but thankfully Silverstone has the 600W SFX PSU in the works.

The mix-match of grills with the honeycomb on the side versus the mesh on the front is kinda ugly but I do like the mesh design in the front. Price is interesting. I want to see some internals shots.

Found another picture I had not seen before. Doesn't reveal much, but can see new bracket for mounting 3.5'' harddrive. I wonder if it will have a supporting bracket for the standard ATX supply, to support increased weight.

http://www.sff-tek.com/silverstone-introduces-sugo-sg13/

Also, mentions availability as "shortly"....

Thanks! I'll update the thread!

The SilverStone Sugo SG13 mini-ITX case dimensions are 222 mm x 181 mm x 285 mm, so about 11.5 liters. It supports 3.5 inches and 2.5 inches drives, graphics card up to 10.5 inches, CPU Cooler up to 61mm as well as ATX power supply up to 150mm in lengths, which is not included compared to the SG05.

Source: http://www.sff-tek.com/silverstone-introduces-sugo-sg13/

GPU's up to 10.5 inches (266.7 mm)
CPU Coolers up to 2.4 inches 61 mm
ATX Power Supplies up to 5.9 inches (150 mm)

CPU cooler height based on using an ATX PSU? The SFX bracket can be oriented two ways: either gaining 11mm or 16mm.

They made the NT06-Pro to fit exactly in a SG05, and now it won't fit in SG13 :/

CPU cooler height based on using an ATX PSU? The SFX bracket can be oriented two ways: either gaining 11mm or 16mm.

They made the NT06-Pro to fit exactly in a SG05, and now it won't fit in SG13 :/

I noticed that also. Maybe as long as you use an SFX PSU along with the ATX bracket it can still fit? The size limitation also knocks the Noctua NH-L12 (93 mm) out of commission. The article also mentions It will work with SIlverstones TD03 AIO.

The SG13 also supports the SilverStone TD03 All-In-One liquid cooler for those looking for extra performances.

That would be quite inconsiderate of us for future SG13 owners wouldn't it? :)

We also showed new CPU coolers at Computex, but they didn't get much coverage. If you check out the SilverStone event we had in Japan from April, you'll see we are going to be launching two new low profile coolers as well (scroll down to bottom of the page):
http://www.gdm.or.jp/crew/2014/0426/68422

For those looking to water cool their CPU in the SG13, this will be an easier job than in SG05.

That would be quite inconsiderate of us for future SG13 owners wouldn't it? :)

We also showed new CPU coolers at Computex, but they didn't get much coverage. If you check out the SilverStone event we had in Japan from April, you'll see we are going to be launching two new low profile coolers as well (scroll down to bottom of the page):
http://www.gdm.or.jp/crew/2014/0426/68422

For those looking to water cool their CPU in the SG13, this will be an easier job than in SG05.

Hey Tony, quick response! :p

AR06 - 58mm, is that without the fan?

Watercooling with 120mm AIO, are the mounting holes offset like in the FT03-mini?

How about some AIO GPU coolers next time. There's enough CPU coolers out there already.

Tony, when will SG13 be available for purchase? We've been teased with "shortly" and "soon".

Found another picture I had not seen before. Doesn't reveal much, but can see new bracket for mounting 3.5'' harddrive. I wonder if it will have a supporting bracket for the standard ATX supply, to support increased weight.

http://www.sff-tek.com/silverstone-introduces-sugo-sg13/

Also, mentions availability as "shortly"....

what a fucking ugly little thing, looks like an sg05 rip-off, i guess silverstone fired the guy who was doing case designs before, because that is some ugly uninventive crap over there, ugh. well, no biggie, as theres plenty of better choices with and without an odd for sff.

/thread.

AR06 - 58mm, is that without the fan?

Watercooling with 120mm AIO, are the mounting holes offset like in the FT03-mini?

The AR06 will be 58mm tall with the fan.

Like the FT03-MINI, SG13 shares the same internal base structure with SG05 so they are offset the same. In the SG13, we made it easier for user to fit even a 140mm AIO too (with some sacrifices to room for graphics card and drive space).

How about some AIO GPU coolers next time. There's enough CPU coolers out there already.

I agree, we are definitely studying the state of GPU coolers and see how we can contribute to the market in SilverStone's unique ways.

Tony, when will SG13 be available for purchase? We've been teased with "shortly" and "soon".

The SG13 will likely see general availability in Q4 timeframe.

The AR06 will be 58mm tall with the fan.

Like the FT03-MINI, SG13 shares the same internal base structure with SG05 so they are offset the same. In the SG13, we made it easier for user to fit even a 140mm AIO too (with some sacrifices to room for graphics card and drive space).

Great - pictures of AR06 were deceptive ;)

Thanks Tony! :D

I agree, we are definitely studying the state of GPU coolers and see how we can contribute to the market in SilverStone's unique ways.
That's good to hear. I have an Asus 670 mini in my SG05, and while it does the job, it does get loud and quite toasty under load. I have an H60 in there as well, but according to reviews, the NT06-pro and other LP air coolers are quite competitive with 120mm AIO coolers and are more than adequate for CPU cooling. IMO, GPU cooling for ITX systems are a higher priority than CPU cooling at this point.

But back on topic, does anyone know how are the drives mounted? AFAIK there aren't any layout pics yet.

Do we know anything more about this one? Any better internal pictures? Any specific month for availability other than Q4?

Guessing those new coolers are better at just replacing the intel stock hsf for noise and cooling and not really for serious overclocking. Just a feeling I have looking at them. I could be wrong though. Have to wait and see reviews.

What's the point of adding NINE millimetres of extra space for a graphics card? That's not even quite half an inch and is going to make no difference whatsoever.

It seems to me like an SG05 with ATX PSU support and no ODD slot. Is there really demand for such a thing?

What's the point of adding NINE millimetres of extra space for a graphics card? That's not even quite half an inch and is going to make no difference whatsoever.

It seems to me like an SG05 with ATX PSU support and no ODD slot. Is there really demand for such a thing?

That extra 9mm allows 10.5" GPUs to fit, i.e. all your modern NVidia graphics cards, without having to carve up the chassis like many people have done with their SG05s. Also, the vocal majority don't want/use ODDs any more, so taking it out is just complying with market demands.

On the other hand, I don't know why it has support for an ATX PSU when Silverstone can push their SFX PSU line. Not to mention also is that this is a SFF case, so SFX seems ideal. However, it will most probably come with an ATX to SFX bracket and fittings.

The SG05 has 262mm max GPU length. That's 10.35 inches. There are a surprisingly high number of GPUs that are 10.5 inches. It makes all the difference.
Ninja'd; should have refreshed :p

Would also like to know about the release date. Have waited what feels like an eternity now.

Sorry about the delay on this project, we've been trying to hit the price target that we quoted during Computex. Had this case been released back in 2009 with the material cost then, we probably would have done it by now. For those of you still waiting, if SG13 is now a $35 ~ $40 case, would you still get it?

That depends on what it gives up against the SG05-LITE. Anything else besides the ODD bay?

The SG05-Lite sold for the same price, so I don't see how hitting the $40USD mark would be seen as an issue.

Have there been any design changes since then? There was a fair bit of criticism about the aesthetics.

Needs 2x USB 2 ports on the front as well as the 2x USB 3.

Why not 4 x USB 3.0? I don't see the reason to have both when they are retro-compatible...

Sorry about the delay on this project, we've been trying to hit the price target that we quoted during Computex. Had this case been released back in 2009 with the material cost then, we probably would have done it by now. For those of you still waiting, if SG13 is now a $35 ~ $40 case, would you still get it?

I really doubt that $5-$10 will make a difference.

SG05 was (and still is) a unique product being one of the smallest mITX cases in the market with regards to compatibility. It seems this new case folows the same idea, expanding it, and thus why I doubt such minor price difference will change anything.

Why not 4 x USB 3.0?

never seen a itx board with dual usb 3 headers....but it'd be a welcome surprise :D

as for the design i'm getting a shuttle vibe from it....if only it came with a handle :(

Last edited:
Honestly, this seems to be a better case for my use than the FT03mini I recently picked up. Anything below ~$55 is easily acceptable to me. Honestly, I'd view this as a modern SG05, not a "SG05-LITE-LITE."

10.5" GPU support has been oddly missing for too long from the more unique mITX Silverstone cases.

I have no problem with a $35 ~ $50 range.

no problem with the price here. been waiting for this one for a while, have an old ATX psu laying around i want to use

Could you raise the price to $60 and make a more premium version that has the build quality of Li-Lian? Brushed aluminum and a better looking front?

Could you raise the price to $60 and make a more premium version that has the build quality of Li-Lian? Brushed aluminum and a better looking front?

Going by the way Silverstone work, there will be a revised, premium version released later.

Agree with this. A customisable front would a be a dream as well. There is a mod called the "notalis" project, which uses a very cool front. Damn, would really like to own that one.

Back