Silverstone Sugo SG01-SG02-SG03 HSF List

tosk

n00b
Hi could any 1 here help me make up a list of good HSF that work in
the Silverstone Sugo SG01-SG02-SG03 range please.

Silverstone SST-NT06 Lite
Cooler Master Gemin II
Zalman CNPS8000

if you could think of any more please list them here.

For extra NT06-Lite cooling fit a 120mm fan under it using paper clips, twisty ties, or thin wire to anchor it.

im thining of using a Zalman CNPS8700 does any 1 know it will fit in a sg01 case. if it needs modding
i dont mind grinding some of the fins if needed.

im thining of using a Zalman CNPS8700 does any 1 know it will fit in a sg01 case. if it needs modding
i dont mind grinding some of the fins if needed.

Its enough head clearance so it won't hit the psu if thats what you're asking but I don't know about it hitting the side of the case. If you have a mobo that has its socket too close to the edge of the board you might not be able to fit it.

Silverstone NT-06 is 78mm tall
Zalman cnps 8700 is 62mm tall

I have a P5E-VM HDMI and a 7700 (which is slightly bigger in diameter than the 8700) and mine fits just fine, so I imagin an 8700 would fit fine too.

thanks for the help guys :)

still not sure on what HSF to go for

temps are you geting with the Zalman CNPS8700, TWO515TY please?

Sorry, I have a 7700, not an 8700. I was saying that since my 7700 fits in an SG-01, an 8700 should fit since it's a little smaller.

Anyways, my temps are around 35°C-40°C idle and 55°C-60°C load at 3.0ghz (E4500). This is an air conditioned room with my Zalman fanmate keeping my CPU fan at about 900RPM (very quiet).

not bad TWO515TY, i might go with the 8700 then and have a play with the RPM
see what i can get out of it and keep the sound down as much as i can.

im gonna be using an

AMD AM2 4850e 2.5ghz 45w ( @stock)
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
4x 2gb ddr2 ram

this is a upgrade to my media pc. should be more than enuff power for what its
used for.

the only problem i might have is the ram slots might be in the way
http://i29.tinypic.com/9bm58i.jpg

thanks for the help

you could also use a Thermalright XP-120 and it should fit your mobo if you align the heat pipes toward the I/O ports, just offering other alternatives than zalman. I've owned a lot of zalman hsf's in the past and they don't seem to have the noise to cooling ratios compared to other offerings as seen in many reviews.

I have a Thermalright SI-128, albeit slightly modded (removed the front stabilizer bars) inside an SG01.

Also, the Scythe Shuriken should fit as well.

Remember, the heatsink should fit if it is under 78mm in total height. And with some heatsinks you may have to approximate the heatsink height as some manufacturers include the fan thickness (~25mm) into their overall height specifications.

Back