SilverStone Strider Titanium ST1100-TI 1100W PSU Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
SilverStone Strider Titanium ST1100-TI 1100W PSU Review

Silverstone has been very active on small form factor front when it comes to power supplies for a couple of years. Today it totally switches gears and serves up an 1100 watt beast that is fully modular and carries with it the highest efficiency rating on the market. Silverstone says it is the go-to for gaming, folding, mining, scientific calculations, or machine learning.

If all else fails, try Wales!

Wrong topic, O.K., O.K. Well, unless you like sheep. But really, very into loving sheep.
Will stop.
Am in a good mood, sorry; it's rare, but hey, it can happen!

On topic, not really surprising, but still sad to read; we need more brands stepping it up, i honestly think we should be grateful prices have remained as they are for PSUs, and for so long a time.. i mean given the lack of competition..
(am aware a lot of people think positively of Silverstone PSUs, sure; was just never among them)

I'm really quite disappointed. I'm used to thinking about Silverstone PSU's as high quality units. My Strider 1200-G I bought in 2011 has given me 7 years of flawless operation this far.

Has Silverstone started to lose their way? The brand name used to be synonymous with quality.

I'm really quite disappointed. I'm used to thinking about Silverstone PSU's as high quality units

You wouldn't necessarily have to be; depends on what you do and in turn, what your expectations from a PSU are. And lastly, whether there's a personal bias (preferences too fall into that) involved or not.
Most things have their uses.

Dam what a shame. I had 2 Silverstone units, both Zeus models ( 1200w & 1350w) and both were solid performers for years. I gave up the 1350w unit in favor of the current Seasonic 650w as I gave up on SLI/X-fired cards and it was just wayy overkill for my needs.

The older Strider units are still great performers tho. Wonder what happened this time around?

Back