Silverstone SST-SX600-G 600w Gold SFX

Nice, you are probably the first Ncase owner (when it arrives) to have one :) So there lies a heavy burden on you: we want a small review :D

Yeehaw

14903435635_dd16e8fd83_b.jpg

14900382521_336a120cf6_b.jpg

14716832098_8f963ed945_b.jpg

final price?

silent with 280x, 290x or 780?

where to buy?

Nice, you are probably the first Ncase owner (when it arrives) to have one :) So there lies a heavy burden on you: we want a small review :D

Yes, the burning question: is it silent/quiet at idle? :)
I probably won't be able to hear anything over the reference 290 anyhow :p
OverRated actually has an M1 already and should get his today also... but I'll do all the reviewing I can when I get my case and figure out how all this lego goes together

final price?

silent with 280x, 290x or 780?

where to buy?
$179 AUD = $166 USD .... we pay through the a** for everything in Australia :(
From PC Case Gear if you are in Aus.... otherwise I think a few other countries are getting stock next week

Congrats :)

Can you please take a photo with all the cables untied? I want to see all the plugs.
Thank you.

Just a general tip: if you quote someone, don't include the pictures. It just wastes a lot of space and my scrollwheel is already worn out :p

OverRated actually has an M1 already and should get his today also... but I'll do all the reviewing I can when I get my case and figure out how all this lego goes together

Yep got mine today also, But i wont be putting it in until i get my board back from RMA, Hey Jambo you mite want to look into changing the length of the cables as they will be to long, I brought a set of the same cables that come with the 600w and resized them to match my board, Ill be able to do a review as i run all water.

IMG_20140813_170002.jpg

Cables
IMG_20140813_174515.jpg

And Cables Vs My Custom M1 cables i made to match the Impact in the M1.

IMG_20140813_174949.jpg

Last edited:
C'mon Canadian e-tailers... I'm not using an ATX power supply in my NCASE!

Also, first post here at [H] Forums. Hey everyone!

Thanks for the pics.
Also thanks for the amazon update, also ordered.
Nice, the master plan is taking shape :D
Ncase + SX600.
I'm only missing a impact VII but i don't want to give my 2700k, no need.
So i'll wait until impact X or so :)

Ordered from Amazon. Thanks for the link!
$129.99 + $10.72 (Texas Tax) = $140.71

All I want now is a GTX 870 to use with the Oculus Rift and I will be able to leave the real world behind.

Any word on the fan? Is it really the noiseblocker fan?

No, it's not made by Noiseblocker, but it has the same volts-to-rpm profile. Idle noise will be zero or quiet. Still waiting to hear from someone exactly how it is under load.

Looking forward to availability in Canada. My M1v1 has been sitting in its box this whole time :p

Hey Jambo you mite want to look into changing the length of the cables as they will be to long, I brought a set of the same cables that come with the 600w and resized them to match my board, Ill be able to do a review as i run all water.
Wow, I didn't realise how long the cables were that came with this in comparison to what you actually need. I don't have the tools for that though :( I might see how it goes with the ones that came with it, and if it's a pest I'll work out what tools I need to shorten them

Wow, I didn't realise how long the cables were that came with this in comparison to what you actually need. I don't have the tools for that though :( I might see how it goes with the ones that came with it, and if it's a pest I'll work out what tools I need to shorten them

These guys call help if you don't have the tools/skills/time/whatever :)
http://www.moddiy.com

Hmm. Wondering if Newegg will get them before their Visa VCO 10%-off deal expires?

Would probably be ~$123 shipped, if so.

Yer i know the cables mite as well be for a ATX case, I watched a few youtube videos on how to make ATX cables then i brought the tools then shorted them it was really easy to do, It took around a hour to do all 3 cables and a mixed cable for my drives, Which had 2 SATA ports and 1 molex for my pump.

All I want now is a GTX 870 to use with the Oculus Rift and I will be able to leave the real world behind.

hell yeah that's for sure!
But sad that it'll cost more..
GTX 880 SLI + Oculus Rift Final release would be the issshh!

hell yeah that's for sure!
But sad that it'll cost more..
GTX 880 SLI + Oculus Rift Final release would be the issshh!

Actually SLI is already bad by itself on latency and optimization and it's a big nogo for Oculus, avoid like plague unless you like stuttering :)

These guys call help if you don't have the tools/skills/time/whatever :)
http://www.moddiy.com
Thanks for the link :)

Yer i know the cables mite as well be for a ATX case, I watched a few youtube videos on how to make ATX cables then i brought the tools then shorted them it was really easy to do, It took around a hour to do all 3 cables and a mixed cable for my drives, Which had 2 SATA ports and 1 molex for my pump.
Awesome, I will look into that in the next couple of weeks. I basically need to build this quite quickly in the midst of a ton of work so I can carry it on a flight next week where I will finally be on holidays for a short time and can tidy things up like cables then. I guess it just needs to power on at the moment in case security needs to check anything

I wonder what we pay through in Sweden then, since the lowest price here is 189 USD. Plus shipping.
Wowzers :eek: never thought I'd hear about another country with a more expensive electrical item than us

No UK resellers yet, and the only place that will ship here is Alternate, who want £120 shipped ($200).

No UK resellers yet, and the only place that will ship here is Alternate, who want £120 shipped ($200).

Alternate.nl has them at €149,90 + shipping. Cheapest so far for EU I found them in Germany, around €124,00 + shipping. But those shops do not ship to BE :(.

Alternate.nl has them at €149,90 + shipping. Cheapest so far for EU I found them in Germany, around €124,00 + shipping. But those shops do not ship to BE :(.

MaxICT 128 euro for the PSU. Shipping is 6 euro to NL, 12 euro to BE, 21 euro to UK. Or you can pick it up yourself if you are near Tilburg.

Excellent! Thanks, just 130km drive from my front door, but then again €12 is not to bad either; lets see if they have more components I could use :D.

MaxICT 128 euro for the PSU. Shipping is 6 euro to NL, 12 euro to BE, 21 euro to UK. Or you can pick it up yourself if you are near Tilburg.

Works out to £120+ again. For the moment I'll probably grab a ST30SF (should handle a 2500k and GTX670 just fine) and wait out the 500w SFX-L.

Thanks for the link :)

Awesome, I will look into that in the next couple of weeks. I basically need to build this quite quickly in the midst of a ton of work so I can carry it on a flight next week where I will finally be on holidays for a short time and can tidy things up like cables then. I guess it just needs to power on at the moment in case security needs to check anything

Wowzers :eek: never thought I'd hear about another country with a more expensive electrical item than us

I got my tools from MDPC there a really good site.

Ordered from FrozenCPU myself earlier today. Should be here Tuesday apparently.

450W is actually enough power for my system (just a 4770 and a GTX780), but it is out of warranty and causes buzzing over my speakers at load, so I figured I might as well wait for the 600W one for the better fan and more headroom.

Ordered from FrozenCPU myself earlier today. Should be here Tuesday apparently.

450W is actually enough power for my system (just a 4770 and a GTX780), but it is out of warranty and causes buzzing over my speakers at load, so I figured I might as well wait for the 600W one for the better fan and more headroom.

I had a few problems using the 450w with my 4770K and GTX780TI after long hours of gaming i would get a random reset and some times a anti-surge warning, I think the unit may have been on its limits.

A PSU shouldn't cause buzzing over your speakers. It either points to something else like RF interference or a grounding issue with the amplifier.

I had a few problems using the 450w with my 4770K and GTX780TI after long hours of gaming i would get a random reset and some times a anti-surge warning, I think the unit may have been on its limits.
That's what everyone's been saying to you for many months. The problem is not the 4770K and GTX780Ti, it's the overclocks.

Back