SilverStone SG07 Suggestions

SG07 color choice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steeeeve

2[H]4U
So the SilverStone SG07 is a prototype and SilverStone is deciding on a few things. Mainly the color of the front.

So I just thought it would be a good idea to get your thoughts on colors and possibly other improvements.

Improvement ideas I have heard from others so far:
  1. All Aluminum bezel with new color
  2. mesh sides instead of acrylic with holes (or some other kinda side)
  3. modular PSU or no PSU

Be realistic in your suggestions and understand this has to be good for a lot and not just the few people that watercool or something.

The color options SilverStone is considering are as follows:
Black, Silver (as shown at CES), and Gunmetal.

The picture below is Gunmetal(I don't know if that is the right shade), Silver, White, and Black

Take your pick in the poll :)

Color options
SG07coloroptions.jpg

Current color:
SG07_1s.png

Gunmetal and no acrylic!! It looks "tuned up" I've never really liked side windows

what about a two-tone black with gunmetal center (like where the silver is now)? Would you like that Jen?

Would it be possible to have a raw brushed aluminum for the entire enclosure with no acrylic?

Remove the front plastic face and have the everything in anodized aluminum (pick your colors).

Steeeeve, can you clarify what the poll is a vote on? the single colour of the whole case? or only the colour of what is currently the silver panel in the prototype?

Steeeeve, can you clarify what the poll is a vote on? the single colour of the whole case? or only the colour of what is currently the silver panel in the prototype?
I don't even know. SilverStone told me "l mentioned to quite a few media guys and customers at CES that
our SG07 was a prototype and the color of the face plate was not final"

If that means the part that is currently "silver" or does it means face plate as in the entire front. I'd assume just the part that is currently silver but if you think it should all be pink than give us your opinion haha.

As an SFF guy I just like it when companies take customer opinions into consideration which is why I'm even asking.

Well then, I am assuming it is to be a single colour all over and I voted white just because I'm pretty bored with all the black cases out there. Black is generally OK as a fall back choice, but gunmetal grey is pretty lame, immediately I'm thinking late 80s VCRs. Another shade of grey may look more upmarket.

The lines of that front panel as is are pretty poor, and I doubt I would ever buy a case as ugly as that CES prototype. It would have to be the only option available for me to even consider it.

As for other ideas:
  • That acryllic side panel is pants, lose it.
  • Vented side is however a good idea.
  • Bundled PSU - I don't want it, I want my own choice of silent Gold/Platinum efficiency. Note that I'm in the UK, it may be more appropriate to have case only SKU in the UK/EU region. If the PSU is proprietary fitting then 100% for sure I wouldn't consider buying the case at all.

I was going to suggest re styling the front panel, but as all Silverstone's cases are to my eye quite ugly perhaps I am not in their target demographic. Edit: actually the new FT02 is OK looking, and the SG02 inoffensive.

Last edited:
Black face plate for sure, I'm not very fond of two tone cases. Even an all gunmetal case would be pretty cool. Definitely get rid of the acrylic, but keep the ventilation, and include the option of buying the case without the included PSU. This makes the case cheaper and allows everyone to use the PSU of their choice, which will most likely be modular.

Last edited:
what about a two-tone black with gunmetal center (like where the silver is now)? Would you like that Jen?

i dont like two tone cases myself . like others suggested maybe different color of cases but i know that is cost to do so

Jen

Defiantly go for no acrylic panels on the side they are butt ugly but you do need vents on the sides

The SG07 looks like it is addressing key shortcomings of the SG05/SG06 and that is a great. I think it brings perfect expansion for todays needs: a slim dvd writer (can get these for $40), one 3.5" hard drive (a 2TB 7200RPM HD is nice), full length video card, built in 180mm cooling fan, wow. On to fitting it out:

A built in power supply CAN be a plus if it is done right which was not the case of the SG05/SG06. That means enough power (600W, single rail sounds good already), 80 plus gold, modular, and cables lengths optimized for the chassis instead of being 2 feet too long for everything.

I for one will not buy a black computer because they are ugly so it would be nice if there was something for the growing segment who feel the same. Two toned black with something else is ugly. I like my SG01. There's no black anywhere and everywhere you can see or touch is aluminum. The case looks great and it would be nice if Silverstone put that much pride into its future cases.

To reiterate: (1) articulated PSU, (2) ALL aluminum (3) black-free option.

Last edited:
The entire front of what was shown at CES looked like @ss. They need to make it a single color and remove those weird slanted lines near the bottom on both sides.

I agree. The front reminds me of something that Aspire would make. Acryllic and all. Something like an XQ-Paq.

Very gaudy.

I know you guys spend time designing this stuff, but it's not always a home run either.

I would like to see a Sugo SG06 style front with a little bit more love for air flow. Also an all aluminum body would be good, or at least the shell.

:)

I'd like to see an all silver case too. The SG06 looks absolutely brilliant but the PSU is useless for a gaming machine - the SG07 brings all the improvements I'm looking for but I'm tired of black cases :p I'd prefer no side windows, although it's not really a deal breaker.

Modular PSU would be brilliant, but I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: Hang on, I just noticed that this poll is ending in April - when is the SG07 actually supposed to be released? I don't want to have to wait around that long to build my new PC :(

SG07 is between March and April...check out sffclub.com once in awhile :) I post most updated there or on twitter.

Ihmo, they should strip those plastic on front and make it all brushed alu... Something to go side-by-side to mine V350

I want "all black" clean front view.

For me the most important for a SFF are :
1 => Fit a Regular PSU
2 => Fit a 10.5" long GPU
3 => 120mm+ Frontal Fan

Basically 2 inches longer SG05/SG06 with holes for an ATX PSU

mini-itx-gamer-024.jpg

I'd like to see an all silver case too. The SG06 looks absolutely brilliant but the PSU is useless for a gaming machine - the SG07 brings all the improvements I'm looking for but I'm tired of black cases :p I'd prefer no side windows, although it's not really a deal breaker.

Modular PSU would be brilliant, but I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: Hang on, I just noticed that this poll is ending in April - when is the SG07 actually supposed to be released? I don't want to have to wait around that long to build my new PC :(

Useless...really you think so? Mine is running for months now with no issues at all as my gaming rig doing TF2 and L4D everynight :D

Silverstone is not going to make a computer case to make the few people with an H50 happy....that just isn't practical.

So far, it appears the following options are most popular..and in order:

1) Black case
2) NO acrylic
3) No PSU or Modular PSU

Any other suggestions?

I've been looking around today to see if I can use my old Scythe Ninja cpu heatsink in my new system, but it got me thinking about airflow - how will the big, broad, tower style HSFs suit the SG07? I suspect not very well...

Any other suggestions?
Maybe the side panel should be vented all the way along, it looks very constricted around the graphics card intake and I can see it getting v. noisy. After market coolers like the Accelero may be the only way to keep things moderately quiet in this case.

I do Completely agree with the venting all the way down the graphics side for aftermarket coolers and not spec coolers

Not common, actually never seen it but a sliding door below the mainboard or a hole to be able to cool the components below would be awesome and my first mod :D

Maybe a motherboard tray and 1cm clearance below the motherboard

Not common, actually never seen it but a sliding door below the mainboard or a hole to be able to cool the components below would be awesome and my first mod :D

Maybe a motherboard tray and 1cm clearance below the motherboard
Nothing crazy...if a company tried to accommodate every little thing they would be bankrupt. And the SG05 and SG06 already have 10mm clearance.

One good thing to add would be another vent on bottom of the case. Since Silverstone used DFI Lanparty MI P55-T36 in their SG07 to test(or at least it looks that way to me) is to make stamped grill on bottom where back VRMs around CPU are just like the one's they made right under Graphics card. That should help to cool cool off VRM especially if you OC it.
SG07.jpg

Back