Silverstone FT03... matx

Very excited to get both of these finally:

iTNq46Ql.jpg

I discovered that it is possible to fit a pair of GTX780s in an FT03 with the lower 120mm fan in place:

IPkTwCjl.jpg

Just barely:

R5s0yRpl.jpg

WfewtXyl.jpg
bH00V8Zl.jpg

Curious how your temps will be in that case with those two cards, Silverstone should update this case with a passive vent on the side like Fractal Design did with the Node 304.

Built this 8 months ago, cable management was awful but I intended to fix it one day with a mATX motherboard and some quick disconnects to make the loop filling less painful. Waiting for the Asrock z87m oc.
esMGkY9.jpg

asrock z87e itx
palit gtx 670
------------------
ek 4.0 pump
xspc raystorm cpu block
magicool 80x2 res
alphacool nexxos xt45 120
Swiftech XP 120
old ek res i think its 10cm long
ek 670 waterblock

Its better to go blower fans (most ref cards) on FT03. I think same for FT02+RV03.
Its a sexy looking case and can handle a lot, but could be too noisy without tricky water cooling.
I am getting ready to put an H60 on each of my 7970s.

I'm not worried about the noise as much as I am with proper cooling. I guess it can't be too bad though if people are running sli configs in there (regardless if they're blower fans or not).

Since you dont have a blower Graphics card I suppose you will be a tad quieter. But that is a lot of heat getting pured into the case. you need to find a way to get it out and throughthe CPU heatsink and exhaust.

yeah, I was thinking about maybe adding a fan that exhausts through the left plastic piece... don't know how that would workout though with psu in the same area. It looks like there is some space above the psu though.

I cut a 120mm square hole out on the left even with my outside 7970 Card and put an intake 120mm fan. It dropped my GPU 5C

Long thread so my apologies if this has been covered before.

I just completed a system in the FT03 using an i5-3470, EVGA Z68SLI-Micro motherboard and a Silverstone AR02 HSF.

I find the case fans are a little too loud for my liking and since they are not PWM my mobo cannot control their speed.

Any good suggestions for replacement case fans? Excluding Noctua because I can't stand their color scheme.

Does anyone know if that Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 fits with two 670s SLI? I notice that the bottom most slot if 16x nd the middle one is 4x. Would that be to little space for secondary card?

Set out to have a cool, quiet system, without having to put any radiators outside the case. Current setup can't run SLI, but can adapt the cooling slightly and move the radiator out to fit another card if needed.

Just finished my build, here are some specs and pics:

Hardware:
FT03B
Asus Rampage IV Gene
Intel 4930K
Gskill 32gb RipJaws Z PC2133
Corsair AX860
EVGA 780 GTX TI SC
Samsung EVO 250GB
Hitachi 3TB 7200rpm

Cooling:
Swiftech Apogee Drive II (Disconnected as it is too loud, may eventually change this out for different block)
XSPC Razor GPU Block
MCP35x Pump (Primary Pump)
Alphacool ST30 280mm (Cougar 140mm fans)
Alphacool UT60 120mm (2x GT AP-15 fans)
Alphacool ST30 240mm (2x Slim Phoyba fans)
XSPC EX120mm (Slim Phyoba Fan)
EK and XSPC compression fittings

Overclock and temps:

CPU: 4.6ghz stable at 1.38v (temps idle around 30c, 75c max load)
GPU: Have not overclocked over the factory standard, temps are 27c idle, 47c max load

System is dead silent at idle with all fans and pump controlled by motherboard. Loudest component is the Hitachi hard drive under normal basic use

All case cutting for radiator and Lexan window was done by Jason at waterjetnj.com in NJ] He did an amazing job making sure everything lined up perfectly and was very clean. If anyone wants the window or any FT03 case cutting, he has my drawing saved, so it will be very easy.

Not the best pics, but just took some for now with my phone:

Last edited:
Very nice lilneel12! I know from my own experience (back on page 36) how hard this is to achieve! I think were in a club of 2 now.

Looking forwward to getting my hands on the FT05 next!

thanks, appreciate the comments!

It took some time and effort, but I'm happy I was able to achieve the goal I set out with

Hate to necro this thread, but I had to air my grievances mixed with some delight somewhere.

Just received my Titanium FT03 (yes, people are still buying them...like me!) yesterday and upon closer inspection, right out of the box, there is a three inch scratch on one of the side panels. Kind of put a huge downer on my newfangled purchase, plus the side panels seem to rattle a bit. Hopefully that won't be an issue when I drop a mechanical drive in there. Other than that the case itself is beautiful and the titanium paint job is quite nice, certainly worth the premium...aside from the scratch :mad:. Certainly a interesting departure from Lian-Li cases.

Now I just need to get my hands on a GTX 970.

Have they been known to help individual customers out? If so, that is awesome and I'll totally give it a shot. The scratch, unfortunately, is on the side that will be facing me so it's of particular annoyance.

Back