SILVERSTONE DA750 or BFG EX-1000

ramenraider

Limp Gawd
I have 2 psus and I'm not sure which one is better

SILVERSTONE DA750 750W ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Modular Active PFC Power Supply

(Single 12v Rail)

BFG EX-1000 1000W Modular Power Supply - ATX, 1000-Watts, PCIe, SATA
(4 12v Rails)

I'm assuming the BFG one is better since its 1000w, but Silverstone is probably a better brand and is fully modular.

System:
i7 930 (oced)
gtx 460
8800 gts
asus rampage extreme II

Let me quick guys! I'm giving one to my friend today and I need to know which to keep =)

I bought several of the BFG 1000Ws refurbished when they were on sale at geeks and have had no problems so far with them. My current system has 2 gtx 470s with an overclocked i7, a shit ton of hard drives and it's working just fine.

Last edited:
Why would anyone buy a refurbished BFG PSU? One month warranty? No way IMHO. Am I missing something here? Rolling the dice if you ask me!

These aren't refurbs, they are left over stock. There is no warranty given on them, though, as bfg no longer exists.
Being that, I would have to go with the Silverstone as you get a full warranty.

Yeah...That's what I mean. No point in rolling the dice w/ BFG. Buy something that has @ least a 3-year warranty.

Why would anyone buy a refurbished BFG PSU? One month warranty? No way IMHO. Am I missing something here? Rolling the dice if you ask me!

at $50 each, even if they have a 50% failure rate it's still a good deal :D

On that link it says $149.99. If it's $50.00 w/ free shipping then maybe! Hell...I bought the Seasonic X750 for $119.00 from NewEgg Black Friday deal. Too me, it's better to buy quality.

I have the DA750 in my server running an I7 @ 4Ghz, 6GB ram, two optical drives, 15 hard drives, 7 120mm fans and a lower powered AMD video card with no problems. Unless you are running high-end SLI or Crossfire system you should be fine with the DA750.

Neither, buy a seasonic power supply. Better quality and warranty to back it up :)

He said he already had both of the of psu's
DOH, I glanced right over that part of the post :eek:

In that case flip a coin :p they both have their pros and cons. The the glaring con for me would be BFG no longer is in business. I think it's otherwise a decent PSU.

Check out www.jonnyguru.com for some good through reviews reviews on power supplies. I'm not sure if either if the exact power supplies are there however.

Geeks had a woot special with the BFG 1K PSUs for about $50 each, i am not talking about the one he linked, that's new I think.

On that link it says $149.99. If it's $50.00 w/ free shipping then maybe! Hell...I bought the Seasonic X750 for $119.00 from NewEgg Black Friday deal. Too me, it's better to buy quality.

Back