SilverStone Argon Series AR08 CPU Air Cooler Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
SilverStone Argon Series AR08 CPU Air Cooler Review - SilverStone's Argon Series AR08 looks to address those building a budget mid-level computer that balances performance and budget. It does however bring some enthusiast features with it like direct contact heatpipes, a 92mm PWM "diamond edged" fan, and noise dampening technologies.

Thanks for the review. If you are listing this as a budget cooler, how does this stack up against the budget cooler champ : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO ($25-$30)?

If you don't have room for a 120mm fan tower, go for a Cryorig m9i/m9a, if you do, go for something like the CM 212 or newer better options. It seems like these coolers are always introduced with prices in the $30 to $45 range, but does anyone actually but them at these prices?

Nice review, why would I want it instead of a CM Hyper TX3 though? I get the feeling it's an average HSF for a premium price simply because it has the SIlverstone name on it. Or maybe I'm just getting more cynical.

Nice review, why would I want it instead of a CM Hyper TX3 though? I get the feeling it's an average HSF for a premium price simply because it has the SIlverstone name on it. Or maybe I'm just getting more cynical.
I have a hundred 150 millimeter limit and went with the CRYORIG H7 and it has been doing a super job for my 6700 k

Last edited:
Back