SilverStone Argon Series AR07 CPU Air Cooler Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
SilverStone Argon Series AR07 CPU Air Cooler Review - The Argon Series AR07 CPU air cooler is billed by Silverstone as being, "For users looking for a no-nonsense top performing cooler without the premium price, the Argon AR07 is the perfect choice." Three heatpipes, some fins, and a 140mm fan is no-nonsense in our book, so how does it cool?

Looks like a value buy. But I think there are better values on the low end.

Why are Cooler Master Hyper 2 EVO's off the list? I KNOW they have been on the market for YEARS, but they are still compatible with today's sockets. And My Overclocked 4.4GHz IvyBridge never passed 70C with these. (Linpack and Prime95)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame on the CM 212 EVOs. They are currently (and have been for years) my default HS for systems that I build for friends and family. Would love to see how it stacks up against more modern systems.

Sweet cooler for the price. And though this is not likely to matter for the cases it will end up in, that is one dorpy looking fan. It's like someone recycled R2D2 into fan parts.

Sweet cooler for the price. And though this is not likely to matter for the cases it will end up in, that is one dorpy looking fan. It's like someone recycled R2D2 into fan parts.
Ha. That's exactly what I thought. Also, once I saw the design of the fan, I immediately wondered if that fan can be re-used as a case fan for giggles. The mounting holes look to be located differently than a typical 140mm fan. Any comments on that Kyle?

Scythe Kotetsu is a similar cooler design (with 4 heatpipes), but it matches the Noctua NH-U14S and costs around $45, which would place it at the top of the price/performance chart.

The larger Ninja 4 is around the same price and performs about the same as the Kotetsu, which is better suited for higher TDP cpu's like Hasswell-E or Broadwell-E. It only comes with one fan though and has a ram clearance of 40 mm.

Last edited:
Back