Silverstone Alta F2 - finally the return of a modern FT02

CoolColJ

Limp Gawd
Just look at that image, chimney stack vertical airflow layout, along with a GPU layout that averts the vapour chamber cooling issues in some cards

Was waiting for the Lian Li O11 Evo XL with it's tasty upright GPU mount to replace my FT02, but now there is another choice :)

https://www.silverstonetek.com/en/product/info/computer-chassis/alf2b_g/

The motherboard tray is rotated 90° such that its I/O faces the top of the case, while airflow from three large 180 mm Air Penetrator 184i PRO fans with air-channeling surfaces, direct air drawn from the bottom of the case onto almost all surfaces inside the case.
There are three ways to orient your graphics card. The first of course sees it installed directly onto the motherboard, with its I/O facing the top, the next one sees it rotated, with its I/O still facing the top, but its fan vents facing the side-panel. The third and most unique orientation, sees the graphics card installed with its I/O pointing to the rear, but tilted sideways at a 11-degree angle.

alta-f2-5-1.jpg
alta-f2-5-2.jpg
alta-f2-5-3.jpg

Last edited:
Vertical GPU mount makes more sense considering sagging with current heavy GPU. But this Alta F2 and FT02 is not high enough to accommodate the 4090. That's why I got the Lancool 216. I really like my old FT02.

Found some trade show pics - she's a big one...

8548273ee44b60e2.jpg

c422bcc40c1cb8b1.jpg

64f13a9604cf3b22.jpg

e850b6d87dabddfc.jpg
3354af10c4c60c45.jpg
272a47ebbd701d93.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Folly
like this
Plenty of space down low for the intake

f25.jpg

9 PCI slots and 4 slot Riser!

f24.jpg

f21.jpg

20221112sv08_1024x768-620x466.jpg

Last edited:
They showed this off ages ago is it any closer to production I wonder?

WOW, that's great news!!

Tony Ou
Does this mean we could possibly see a 540mm closed loop cooler?
No plans now, the volume of such product would be too low to be viable.

They showed this off ages ago is it any closer to production I wonder?
Maybe you were thinking of the ALTA S1 prototype that we showed at Computex 2019? Admittedly that case is somewhat similar to the ALTA F2. But yes, the ALTA F2 is already in production so they should start appearing in Asian marketplaces as early as this week with North American availability in a couple of weeks and Europe by the end of month!

No plans now, the volume of such product would be too low to be viable.

Then what type of closed loop cooler does silverstone recommend for this case and how do you mount a 360 or 420 radiator to the three 180 fans?

Then what type of closed loop cooler does silverstone recommend for this case and how do you mount a 360 or 420 radiator to the three 180 fans?
The case comes with a fan bracket that will allow you to mount any size radiator from 120mm to 560mm (140mm x 4) on top of the three 180mm fans. There's lots of options for radiators in this case, please check out the interactive picture on ALTA F2's product page (the large graphics above the specifications section) to see which size radiators goes where.

Amazon just listed ALTA F2 with a significantly lower introductory price than expected so if you have Amazon prime and wants this case, definitely go for it now:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C5LF52TL

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
There were 12 units for sale, did they really all sell out that quickly?? Crazy, especially at that price

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes, Scorptec Computers will be selling the ALTA F2 in Australia so you should definitely check with them first!

Some vids

Watercooled version, push pulling with the 180mm fans with 140mm on top

Last edited:
So I saw the case listed on Scorptec here in Australia, for an eye watering $1489 AUD....

I can afford it, but if I spent that money, It would be smarter to sell my RTX 4070 TI and get a RTX 4090 with that cash :)
But the RTX 4090 wouldn't fit in my FT02 so..... :p

Gamer's Nexus will be doing a review of it
Some of the other cases shown in the video actually look more appealing to me
The D1 and RM600 would be amazing as a desktop system with the dual chamber design and tons of storage options

Last edited:
https://www.silverstonetek.com/en/product/info/computer-chassis/alf2b_g/

Product page says max horizontal GPU length 602mm without the HDD cages which presumably means the distance all the way from the rear to the front of the case (I hope we have GPUs this long someday).

But what about if it’s limited by the CPU cooler like it shows in the picture? Do we know the distance from rear of the case to the top PCIe slot?

Edit: wait, $1000 is the actual price? Ok good luck with this one. Case looks awesome but this is out of my price range.

Last edited:
Actually the Alta F2 is more reminiscent of the TJ11, OVER the FT02. Purely becuase of it's size. Think about it. the FT02 was the smaller version of the towering TJ11. BOTH the Alta F2 and TJ11 share a similar sized case. Now it would be nice if Silverstone made a slightly smaller version of the Alta 2 to more fit the dimensions of the FT02 - AND put the window on the RIGHT front side like they did with the TJ11 and the FT02, like we're used to having, instead of the traditional LEFT front side. Also, bad placement of where the SSD's would be placed; directly under the rad. They should have an angled sheet of plastic or steel where it could be slid underneath the air intake area where it would shield off any possible leakage from a rad, so it won't directly hit the SSDs, if that were to ever happen. But you could easily mod that. LOVE the case though and hope they make a slightly smaller one with the window on the other side.

Back