Silly games taking all my money.

GaleForce

Gawd
Gonna need to drop 80 bucks on HL2, 80 bucks on WoW, and 55 bucks on Halo 2. Damnit.

AND LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT JOHN DEERE AMERICAN FARMER THE MOST ANTICIPATED FARMING GAME OF THE YEAR.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
He is one of those really dedicated gamers who thinks he needs the Collectors Edition bloat, when the reality is he isn't even going to enjoy the game, let alone the crap that came with the collector's edition!

Dunno this is the most anticipated game of a long time and you get cool shit with the collectors ed.

GaleForce said:
Dunno this is the most anticipated game of a long time and you get cool shit with the collectors ed.

What kind of stuff is it? Is it worth the extra $30??

Half Life: Source, Counterstrike: Source (both games remastered), T-Shirt (probably will never wear), Prima Book (which is fun to leaf through since it has concept art and stuff), and it comes on a DVD-Rom and I'm not sure if the regular version does.

I will prolly get the non-collectors ed. On a side note, when I went to look at HL2 on amazon, you have to put it in your cart before they will show you the price... I mean, it's only a $5 dollar difference from the listed-oh-wait-the-price-is-lower price they list. they say there's an extra discount that gets calculated in the cart, but I think that's BS. They can easily tell you what the discount before you put it in your cart, they just don't want to. Anyone know why they make you do this? Do they count how many ppl add it to track popularity or something?

wood said:
I will prolly get the non-collectors ed. On a side note, when I went to look at HL2 on amazon, you have to put it in your cart before they will show you the price... I mean, it's only a $5 dollar difference from the listed-oh-wait-the-price-is-lower price they list. they say there's an extra discount that gets calculated in the cart, but I think that's BS. They can easily tell you what the discount before you put it in your cart, they just don't want to. Anyone know why they make you do this? Do they count how many ppl add it to track popularity or something?
I've noticed amazon doing that on things before to , having to add it to your cart first is BS. Really annoying.......

Yeah I've seen them do it too. They're like "OMG OUR PRICES RULE BUT TO SEE THEMS U NEED TO ADD THX."

/sigh

GaleForce said:
Half Life: Source, Counterstrike: Source (both games remastered), T-Shirt (probably will never wear), Prima Book (which is fun to leaf through since it has concept art and stuff), and it comes on a DVD-Rom and I'm not sure if the regular version does.

Counter-Strike: Source, comes with the $50 one

Both games remastered? In that I assume that you mean the original Half Life will be remade with HL2 graphics is that correct?

Worldhammer said:
Both games remastered? In that I assume that you mean the original Half Life will be remade with HL2 graphics is that correct?
I wondered if this was the case as well... I'm in the gaming minority, having never played the original hl (only cs) so a chance to play the original with modern graphics would be sweet.

p.s. please don't hurt me for never having played hl!!

Actually, no. It uses the same low-res guns as BlueShift, and the same old graphics. Just a redone physics engine.

wood said:
I wondered if this was the case as well... I'm in the gaming minority, having never played the original hl (only cs) so a chance to play the original with modern graphics would be sweet.

p.s. please don't hurt me for never having played hl!!
Hot Damn! Hurt you? I'm envious as hell. There was nothing like that first time through. If that is what they have done with the original, you owe it yourself to play it first. There are really good reasons why it was such a big deal then and now. :)

Remember this ... Nobody is forcing you to buy these games, and nobody is forcing you to pay $30 extra for the collectors edition... if you are volunteering to pay more, um you have no room to complain.

/carry on

theNoid said:
Remember this ... Nobody is forcing you to buy these games, and nobody is forcing you to pay $30 extra for the collectors edition... if you are volunteering to pay more, um you have no room to complain.

/carry on
Uhhh..... what are you talking about? :confused:

GaleForce said:
Gonna need to drop 80 bucks on HL2, 80 bucks on WoW, and 55 bucks on Halo 2. Damnit..

Only 80 bucks on WoW? I guess you're only planning to play for a month. For a year you're probably looking at $80 (or $50) + another $150 or more... ;)

Yeah but monthly payments are easier on the wallet. No one is forcing me to buy them but the developers make them so damn good that I have to.

And WTF someone changed my title from "Damn" to "Silly?" They have GOT to live in the south if they think "damn" is a swear. :p

GaleForce said:
Yeah but monthly payments are easier on the wallet. No one is forcing me to buy them but the developers make them so damn good that I have to.

And WTF someone changed my title from "Damn" to "Silly?" They have GOT to live in the south if they think "damn" is a swear. :p

I bet you Lethal did it. :p

Back