Silicon Valley Trailer

+1 on the stereotypes. While amusing if a little 11 year old smacked me like that I'd probably lay him out with a punch, and yeah I was a skinny geeky kid back then but I was still twice as tall as him!

Stereotypes? Really? In a comedy TV show?! Say it ain't so!

I don't expect it to be realistic, just funny. Looks like it would do that pretty well! Sad that it's on HBO, though. Not going to buy cable or satellite for it. And, can't stream it without the account, so I'm out.

It kind of looks like a spin on the recent 'geek' shows - Big Bang Theory, The IT Crowd...

Another vote for 'count me out'. I'm not buying cable and HBO just to watch another sitcom. Sooner or later it will come to Amazon Prime or Netflix and if it's any good, I'll watch it then.

Looks like it could be funny. I'll be checking this one out and love most of everything HBO does. I'd be with you all and cut the cable also but I'm an avid sports watcher as well as enjoy some of the premium series shows.

I'll take a look cause it's Mike Judge, but not completely sold yet. It better have a solid first episode otherwise I won't continue.

Could one of the people complaining about nerd "stereotypes" in this possibly point out them out for me? As far as I can tell, the bit where the little kid punches the adult is the only one.

Also, comparing this trailer to Big Bang Theory seems particularly wrong given that the latter is almost entirely about making fun of nerd stereotypes, featuring characters with whom I wouldn't want to share lunch, let alone play D&D. On the other hand, this trailer seems to be about smart dudes (well, mainly one dude) trying to start a business.

Maybe some of you are seeing what you expect to see instead of what's actually there...

Also, comparing this trailer to Big Bang Theory seems particularly wrong given that the latter is almost entirely about making fun of nerd stereotypes, featuring characters with whom I wouldn't want to share lunch, let alone play D&D. On the other hand, this trailer seems to be about smart dudes (well, mainly one dude) trying to start a business.

Definitely not a clone or anything. But, the subject matter or geeks/nerds? Definitely. The Matrix and Johnny Mnemonic share themes, but are not comparable at all...

Definitely not a clone or anything. But, the subject matter or geeks/nerds? Definitely. The Matrix and Johnny Mnemonic share themes, but are not comparable at all...
I guess I get that level of comparison, though it still seems a bit of a reach. For one thing, this show seems like it might be interesting. ;)

I like the look of this movie from the preview. This'll be a must watch for me.

I like the look of this movie from the preview. This'll be a must watch for me.

It's not a movie, it's a series.

Looks good to me too, but with no HBO I'll wait and see how it fares before plunking down money...

And mike judge never wrote a single line of code either.

At least the proper Steve is given his affirmation. Fuck Jobs, he was nothing much.

Some of the supporting actors from Pirates of Silicon Valley are all through this. Minor trivial note I found odd.

For one thing, this show seems like it might be interesting. ;)

Kaley-Cuoco-Big-Bang-Boobs-8.jpg

That's what makes Big Bang Theory interesting. Other than that, I wouldn't watch the show. Kaley Cuoco makes that show for me. Sure, there is some funny parts, but I wouldn't normally watch the show. It's a bit shallow, but I don't care.

Now I'm starting to question if I really like Agents of SHIELD or just Chloe Bennett....

That's what makes Big Bang Theory interesting. Other than that, I wouldn't watch the show. Kaley Cuoco makes that show for me. Sure, there is some funny parts, but I wouldn't normally watch the show. It's a bit shallow, but I don't care.

Now I'm starting to question if I really like Agents of SHIELD or just Chloe Bennett....
Well played - another show that I ought to like (I've been a geek for Marvel since I learned how to read) but turned out to be a snoozefest that I gave up on in December. Unfortunately, it seems that Joss Whedon is just a name on the show, probably because he's working on the big screen stuff. I'm hoping that they'll retool and it'll improve; that happened with Dollhouse, which went from a show I straight-up hated to being pretty great.

And, yeah, Kaley Cuoco is certified eye candy.

I think they just picked the wrong people to play the roles, i could see it being funny, just not with these actors, they've had their chance in the past.

Back