Silicon Power SSDs

rellyrale

n00b
Anybody on a budget even pick up these drives? I had one as my Boot drive but it cause a lot of short freezes like it just wasn't keeping up with my normal activities so I swapped it for the Samsung 840 evo and use it as my cache drive for my video editing in Adobe. Now if restart my computer the Silicon Power SSD it wont show up, but if I shut down the computer then power back on in a one to 2 minutes it shows up fine. Once its on it stays on. I use a Sabertooth FX990 R2.0 mobo and its connected to a SATA 3 port. Any ideas or experiences with this happening?

I had similar problems with an OCZ Vector 2 a few years ago, now that's not related to your SSD in any way but you should try to update the firmware, the issues you're reporting are the type of thing firmware can fix.

both the drive and the mobo has the latest firmware... that last mobo firmware update fixed the slow usb3 speeds and the ssd when I contacted silicon power confirmed it was one of their newer drives. I guess the saying you get what you pay for comes true in this situation because at the time the Silicon Power S70 120g drive was 49.99 on amazon.

I've purchased many S60 120gb drives and haven't heard of any issues. Use them in office PCs when their old drives fail. Q6600 cpu, enough memory, and these SSDs are a nice setup for knowledge workers.

It works fine when its running its just if I need to video edit and use that drive I cannot soft boot. I need to hard boot all the way down wait about 60secs then start up and it'll be cool.

Back