SilenX and Nexus "Silent" 80mm case fans (9 dba)

I have read a couple of reviews that shows these fans don't cause your temps to increase by much compared to say STEALTH fans (-: Looks like the manufacturer is the best place to get them ...

crap only 15 CFM from an 80mm fan? Thats almost pointless, when I fart the air moves faster than that. Besides if your going to spend that much on a fan go buy a papst, they're aobut the same price anyhow.

I recently bought 2 Silenx 80mm Thermistor Fans.

They are very quiet when ur PC starts up because it runs on Low Speed. But within half an hour, it will definietly use HIGH SPEED, because the PC will get hotter even on idle since it doesn't move much air on Low Setting.

The High Speed is noted to move 28CFM at 14.4dBA. Its been getting hot here in Cali, so my temps are rising. Cpu idles at 50C. compared to 46C when room is cooler.

It is still quiet at high speed, but im thinking about putting back one of my old fans, to move more air.

Do you guys think i should put the stronger fan on intake or exhaust?

I paid $31 after shipping for these 2 fans. If you aren't a temperature monitoring freak like me, then I think you would be ok with the temps.

GODzillaSDM

Back