Silent Water pump/res combo?

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Starting my custom build and I wanted to get the pump/res combo purchase out of the way.. I can do a single 5 1/4 bay style or the stand up tube style. Looking for a pump with speed control and long life while also not trying to break the bank.. under 150 would be ideal! Thanks for any advice. I will be using a 360 and 280 radiator in a single loop to cool my cpu and GTX 980ti. I assume 1/2" line will be used and best?

1/2" ID? That's waayy overkill. I use 3/8" ID (probably 1/2" OD) and that's a bit overboard.

I personally haven't found a pump that is "silent". I use a 655 and I wouldn't want it in my case.... I have it in my cellar where I can't hear it. :)

So I can say probably not a 655! It's not bad slowed down, but still not what I would call silent.

1/2" ID? That's waayy overkill. I use 3/8" ID (probably 1/2" OD) and that's a bit overboard.

I personally haven't found a pump that is "silent". I use a 655 and I wouldn't want it in my case.... I have it in my cellar where I can't hear it. :)

So I can say probably not a 655! It's not bad slowed down, but still not what I would call silent.

From what I have read the D5 PWM is probably the best option.. I also read 3/8" ID is fine for what I want to do. It's damn expesive to build this setup.. ~500$ to do what I want and taht is without the waterblock because I cant find one for my card yet.

I use 1/2" ID 3/4" OD because I like the look of larger tubing. 3/8" ID 5/8" OD would be the most functional, as the thicker wall allows it to make tighter curves without kinking.

655 PWM with something that mounts it to a rubber base, so that the rubber can dampen the vibrations from the pump would be your best bet.

D5 pump.

There is a waterblock available for your card. It uses a reference pcb like mines, so any reference titan x/980ti blocks fit.

D5 either PWM or the vario version will work well. You will find that there will be a speed setting somewhere that has the lowest noticeable noise. The noise isn't very loud, but it changes its pattern/intensity with the speed and depending upon your case accoustics some settings may be nearly unnoticeable.

I would say that the absolute most quiet pump will be something like an Eheim 1046, those are a bit harder to use in a loop these days. The Aqua computer Aquastream pumps are modified Eheim pumps though and would be in my estimation the most quiet mainstream pump. They are expensive though, and I don't think worth the premium over the D5 especially considering the D5 is a better pump.

Back