Silent fan and water cooling noise???

Mak54291

Gawd
I went to my store and ask them if silent fan exist, he said no. He said it does change anything while use the cpu at max.

Than I've ask if the cheap water cooling is more silent and he said no too.

Can Hardforum confirm that?

Cheap = more noise. A good 'custom' loop can be very quiet- I have a mid range EK kit with upgraded fans, and I can hear the power supply and motherboard fans more. I can actually hear one of my SSD's over the pump (not kidding, old Crucial M4).

That's my guess- I'm more than a little curious how long it will last, but it's my folding/gaming ring and has run for... 3 years? I'd have to look it up, but whatever. Got it (well a few of them) for a song and they hold no data that I care about... And bigger SSD's keep getting cheaper. I just wonder if I will see a deal I can't pass up before it dies. :D

I went to my store and ask them if silent fan exist, he said no. He said it does change anything while use the cpu at max.

Than I've ask if the cheap water cooling is more silent and he said no too.

Can Hardforum confirm that?
Please don't go there any more. A closed loop system with a dual radiator and two fans will be much quieter than a stock cooler even at 100% cpu load.
Also, different fans may run at different speeds and sometimes even make different amounts of noise at same speeds while producing the same amount of airflow, as well as having different noise profile (low frequency hummig vs high pitched buzz).
With water cooling (custom built) you can have large radiators with a lot of fans running at very low speeds and that would make an almost inaudible pc.
Basically, the bigger the fan/heatsink/radiator, the quieter it is (fan rpm and radiator/heatsink efficiency plays a role, though).
There is no such thing as a completely silent desktop pc (even if it were fanless there may be a faint noise from all the electronics), but it may be built to be almost inaudible.

Back