Significantly less credit for 6903s?

musky

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2012
EDIT: This has been resolved. It was specific to my account and WU history. There is no issue with the F@H points system.

My last two 6903s:

Download: 1/17/2012 6:29 PM UTC
Upload: 1/18/2012 4:41 PM UTC
Credit (HFM Calculated): 504545
Credit (EOC Stats): 302330

Download: 1/17/2012 7:22 PM UTC
Upload: 1/19/2012 1:20 AM UTC
Credit (HFM Calculated): 434209
Credit (EOC Stats): 289956

The times to complete these units and the calculated credit from HFM are right in line with what they always have been for these two machines. The credit according to the EOC stats is just significantly less. Is anyone else seeing this?

Last edited:
Maybe less points due to lots more 4P boxen and Stanford feels that 6903's aren't as critical for the project now ?
Part of the adjustment to point system? My 6903's haven't uploaded yet so I am just guessing that is the cause.

Edit: nevermind, I am wrong.

Just looked at Kakao stats they give same points (lower) to you.
Wow this sucks, looks like 30% plus drop in points

same here, and also notice that my i7 970 is still able to pull 6903 wu last night .. I thought those bigadv WUs are "reserved" for 16+ "cores" PCs...

6904:
Download Date: 1/17/2012 8:40 PM
Upload Date: 1/19/20012 11:50 AM
Credit (HFM Calculated): 621901
Credit (Kakao Stats): 398304

This had better be a mistake, though the f@h project makes too many mistake as it is.

very interesting i have a 6903 set to drop here soon as well...

That's better than the 20k I was getting folding 6903s for Syran ...
http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20502
no answers from FF...

Other than even though all you fold is smp you have not earned the bonus... :confused:

but here you got the bonus but halved....
Have you gone to FF and asked when it showed as dl and submit?

kendrak is on the case. Before I went to FF, I wanted to see if it was a general issue or just an issue with my account. So far, I have not seen numbers from anyone else.

kendrak is on the case. Before I went to FF, I wanted to see if it was a general issue or just an issue with my account. So far, I have not seen numbers from anyone else.

I would also like to see more numbers.

It would be nice to know if this is an error of sorts or the new norm.

Kasson said no changes have been made..... so we need to figure what was the issue.

Kasson said no changes have been made..... so we need to figure what was the issue.

At this time... I suggest FF as they can look up the dates when it was sent and returned ...see if there is an error there...

Maybe the server clock is messed up and it thinks you worked on the unit longer than you did.

Maybe the server clock is messed up and it thinks you worked on the unit longer than you did.

If this is the case, everyone who returned a unit to that server would see the same issue, which is why I posted here first to see if everyone is affected or just me.

If this is the case, everyone who returned a unit to that server would see the same issue, which is why I posted here first to see if everyone is affected or just me.

There have been problems with the server not accpeting uploads in the last couple of days, i've just lost about 250k. Unfortunately my nect 6903 won't be ready for another 11 hours

My last two 6903s:

Download: 1/17/2012 6:29 PM UTC
Upload: 1/18/2012 4:41 PM UTC
Credit (HFM Calculated): 504545
Credit (EOC Stats): 302330

Download: 1/17/2012 7:22 PM UTC
Upload: 1/19/2012 1:20 AM UTC
Credit (HFM Calculated): 434209
Credit (EOC Stats): 289956

Is anyone else seeing this?

I've seen it happen before, with a couple posts in the FF about it. Check your previous days logs. The client likely downloaded that same work unit, failed part way through (that day the servers were goofed up?), and then retried folding the same work unit.

But the bonus is determined from the first time the WU was downloaded (failed attempt) to when the WU was actually completed and returned (2nd attempt) so the completion time was slightly longer than usual. The result is slightly less points.

And it looks like your next WUs submitted are back up to the normal points level, 400K and 500K. ;)

Last edited:
At this time... I suggest FF as they can look up the dates when it was sent and returned ...see if there is an error there...
+1

Also, I haven't observed any credit issues since the server was brought back up.

I've seen it happen before, with a couple posts in the FF about it. Check your previous days logs. The client likely downloaded that same work unit, failed part way through (that day the servers were goofed up?), and then retried folding the same work unit.

But the bonus is determined from the first time the WU was downloaded (failed attempt) to when the WU was actually completed and returned (2nd attempt) so the completion time was slightly longer than usual. The result is slightly less points.

And it looks like your next WUs submitted are back up to the normal points level, 400K and 500K. ;)

That appears to be sort of what happened. It is exactly what happened on one machine. The other two were unable to send completed units back due to the outage. Since I picked up a ton of smp units in the interim and these completed BA results were blocking them from sending, I had to delete the results for two of the machines. I suspect that this situation caused the exact same issue - the download time stamp was set to when they were originally downloaded a couple of days ago, and the bonus was based off of when they were originally downloaded and not when they were actually downloaded. The good news is that they were successfully completed and sent (I hate losing results.) It is extremely odd that things work the way they do, though. Regardless, I agree that at least the last couple of units I have sent seem to be credited correctly. It is also good to know that there is not a bigger issue going on here.

Thanks everyone for the replies and I apologize for the false alarm.

I had a couple of 6903's and a 6904 hiccup in the sending a couple of days ago resulting in about a loss 120K points.

Langouste won't resend failed units either, you have to shut down the client, enter the config and disable the proxy, then restart the client. It will then try to auto send any units that have failed to send

Langouste won't resend failed units either, you have to shut down the client, enter the config and disable the proxy, then restart the client. It will then try to auto send any units that have failed to send

True, and I did that. The problem was that the server accepting bigadv results was down, and I had a bigadv result on two of my machines that wouldn't send. Further, they were blocking the boat-load of smp results I was getting at the time. It was really a "perfect storm" scenario in this case.

Thanks everyone for the replies and I apologize for the false alarm.

NO prob. Real fire, different cause. :D

It does seem like strange behavior, but it's anti-cheating points padding code. It prevents you from downloading a work unit, processing it to 95% completion, making a copy, and then deleting the WU. The server would then send the same work unit to the client assuming it erred out. (anti-dumping code)

Let's say the servers reset your download time to the date and time of the 2nd download. Now let's say you replaced the 2nd download with the 95% completed 1st downloaded WU. Then process the last 5%, and return it successfully, and VERY quickly according to the 2nd download time. HUGE bonus points would result. Better the way it is now with tracking the original download, even if you occasionally come up a few points short. The alternative of rampant points cheating wouldn't stand...

Yes, there are probably better ways of doing this, but they tend to get very complicated, and we all know that keeping things simpler for PG just works better. :)

True, and I did that. The problem was that the server accepting bigadv results was down, and I had a bigadv result on two of my machines that wouldn't send. Further, they were blocking the boat-load of smp results I was getting at the time. It was really a "perfect storm" scenario in this case.

Ouch, the only way i can think of round that is to use the manual send command and specify each individual unit to send, starting with the SMP units - but its long winded

Ouch, the only way i can think of round that is to use the manual send command and specify each individual unit to send, starting with the SMP units - but its long winded

If I didn't work for a living, I probably would have continued to manually upload the smp units. Unfortunately, I was very concerned that I would run out of queue slots while at work because of how fast these 4ps process smp units.

Fortunately, I believe the next iteration of langouste will prevent the smp back-up if this ever happens again.

Had a similar issue with both of my SR-2s. WU would upload but server never acknowledged, stalling the client. Backing up the folding directory and deleting work files got it running normally again, and also prevented the client from overwriting finished work.

Restoring backup once server came back online delayed their return somewhat, but I would rather fold SMP than sit idle indefinitely...

Well it happened to me now. Uploaded a 6903 (R11,C12,G61) that I picked up yesterday morning.
just uploaded an hour or so ago. Credited only 251,682 points should have been around 467,402 points. TPF was 15:31. maybe same situation as Musky?
Frustrating though

Edit: Just uploaded 6903 R0,C15,G26
points credit 22706 (no bonus)

This sucks worse.

Maybe my error when the server acted up and WU hung trying to upload with no response it never would upload and this is reassigned to me

Last edited:
Well it happened to me now. Uploaded a 6903 (R11,C12,G61) that I picked up yesterday morning.
just uploaded an hour or so ago. Credited only 251,682 points should have been around 467,402 points. TPF was 15:31. maybe same situation as Musky?
Frustrating though

Edit: Just uploaded 6903 R0,C15,G26
points credit 22706 (no bonus)

This sucks worse.

Maybe my error when the server acted up and WU hung trying to upload with no response it never would upload and this is reassigned to me

Probably so - I managed to get mine turned in before the preferred deadline, so I at least got some bonus. By now, we are past the preferred deadline for something downloaded over the weekend, so you would just get base points. Don't fret too much - everything should be back on track now.

Back