Sign of the Apocalypse: Lady Gaga Heads for 10 Million Facebook Fan Record

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
This is another episode in the ongoing WTF series. What in the world are these people thinking? If you could get all 10 million of these fans in one place, 9 million would deny ever signing up. The Apocalypse indeed, the world as we know it is ending. :p

Glam pop singer Lady Gaga is on the brink of becoming the first living person to have 10 million fans on a single social networking site, having already overtaken President Obama on Facebook, a British group that measures online popularity said on Friday.

I don't see the appeal in this woman's singing. I haven't found a single song of hers I like. LIke Jerry Seinfeld said, take one A off and it's Lady Gag.

I'm frankly surprised that anybody signed up as a fan for Obama.

"Glam pop singer Lady Gaga is on the brink of becoming the first living person to have 10 million fans on a single social networking site, having already overtaken President Obama on Facebook, a British group that measures online popularity said on Friday. "

Not on facebook, but I'd be a fan if I were. Puts out some good stuff.

... eesh. I'd swear she gets her costume ideas by logging into City of Heroes, creating a new character, and hitting the random button.

On the topic of fans on facebook: well, you know what they say about trainwrecks... you just have to look at the carnage.

Not my type of music, but she makes some catchy tunes. Reminds me of Madonna in the 80s, but seems to put more thought into it beyond "sell as many records as possible".

Has anyone determined if IT is male or female yet? Maybe it is option #3: extraterrestrial...

Just another Madonna wannabe who will fade into obscurity in short time.
People really need to get out of this herd mentality.

as a 28 years old straight white male... I honestly have no idea who lady gaga is. Never heard any of her work.

Judging from the pic, she looks retarded, desperate, and what a stupid fucking name. The fact that anyone cares about a popularity contest between these two shows just how F'd this country really is.

It's a clear sign of the Apocalypse lady gagas lucifer and obamas the anti christ.
satan.jpg

I don't think there's a single music video of hers that shes not flashing the horned goat sign with her hands and not covering one eye symbolizing the all seeing eye. Playing her music backwards is even more interesting filled with bonus suicide brainwashing messages.

I love Lady Gaga and I'm one of those 10 million fans. What's your point, OP?

Lady Gaga is a million times better than the generic boring trash that is Radiohead.

its only a sign of the apocalypse if you believe in ignorant superstitions like the apocalypse

Umm, I'm a left-winger and I'm all for Obama being spited. He is one of the most right-wing motherfuckers to ever hold the office of the presidency in the United States.

Don't assume all the Obama haters are righties. The righties are just the dumb Obama haters since he's basically doing all the horrible shit they're in favor of. The smart Obama haters are the lefties.

Lady Gaga is a million times better than the generic boring trash that is Radiohead.

While your taste in music might explain a few things, I tend to believe that it's probably actually just that Radiohead's been a band longer than you've been on this Earth.

I'm one of her 10 million "fans" on Facebook.

I don't feel the need to justify my taste in music. She's not successful because of her singing voice, which is monotonous, but for her costumes, videos, and lyrical content.

Are the lyrics 'deep'? Not very, but it's deep enough to cater towards mass society.

Lady gaga has pretty cool songs and literally the only people who don't like her are rednecks and republicans aka haterzzz

Don't you love it when marginally tech-related news is posted [H]ard|OCP? Especially when it gets everyone all riled up and angry over stupid crap?

I don't care about Lady Gaga, but I'm not surprised she hit 10 million fans. I don't think it's a horrible thing either. And the second I see Obama's name in any news item here, I always prepare myself for a long big angry thread.

Great stuff, guys.

I'm not a fan, but she is talented.
Do a search on youtube with her real last name (Germanotta) and you'll see a very talented singer

Unfortunately, she learned early on that talent doesn't go far in the music industry. Just like Christina Aguilera.

Both have excellent voices, but decided the "skank ho" marketing was more of a sure thing.

While your taste in music might explain a few things, I tend to believe that it's probably actually just that Radiohead's been a band longer than you've been on this Earth.

Are you seriously equating "old" with "good?"

Okay, Senator McCain Floppy Dial-up Disk. Whatever you say.

she is very talented and you can tell when you watch her intervies specially with Larry King Live. But I think the fame is getting to her finally and I really don't like her over the top costumes and stripping during a baseball game, I am not a die hard fan of her but I do respect her different style of music. She is too weird though, she is everything but normal lol.

Radiohead is anything but generic. Maybe you don't know what that word means?

Every Radiohead song: yawn yawn boring slow garbage that is unappealing to listen to supposedly has "deep" lyrics but if I wanted "deep" I'd read a damn book or something not have my ears molested for hours by a bunch of boring nerds

Every Radiohead song: yawn yawn boring slow garbage that is unappealing to listen to supposedly has "deep" lyrics but if I wanted "deep" I'd read a damn book or something not have my ears molested for hours by a bunch of boring nerds
I'm guessing you practice insulting more than you practice thinking. You should learn to realize you have just one perspective out of well over 6 billion. Not only that, but considering the way you articulate yourself and attack others, people are far less likely to give a damn about anything you have to say.

I don't understand how people can attack others' taste in music, of all things. The only possible way I could see valid criticism of music is if it's horribly generic. Aside from that, who cares? Something different is out there and someone likes it, good for them. You don't? Avoid it, then. No need to call an artist bad with nothing but 100% personal taste to back it up.

I'm frankly surprised that anybody signed up as a fan for Obama.

"Glam pop singer Lady Gaga is on the brink of becoming the first living person to have 10 million fans on a single social networking site, having already overtaken President Obama on Facebook, a British group that measures online popularity said on Friday. "

I'd say it's because he's black, but that would make me a racist.

I'm one of her 10 million "fans" on Facebook.

I don't feel the need to justify my taste in music. She's not successful because of her singing voice, which is monotonous, but for her costumes, videos, and lyrical content.

Are the lyrics 'deep'? Not very, but it's deep enough to cater towards mass society.

Yeah because her retarded lyrics such as, "don't call my name don't call my name alejandro" is really brilliant. :rolleyes: Fucking barney generation.

Back