**sigh** Strange Random XP Freeze (with beep)

LawGiver

2[H]4U
This can happen at anytime it seems. Happens maybe once every other day. Computer will freeze and a continous beep will eminate from my external speakers. Appears to be completely random. It will freeze, then beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep...and the beep will not stop until I of couse restart system. anyone have any ideas on whats going on? Oh and this started happening after I switched to Qpack and RS482.

how are your temps on both cpu and gpu?

have you tried running memtest ..?..if a bad memory chip , than that could cause seemingly random problems as it would only go goofy when a certain part of that certain bad chip was accessed ... just a possibility

can you run prim95 for 24 hours without errors? (excluding the lockup , unless thru heavy stress that you can consistantly trigger the lock ups)

I have experienced similar type of lock ups and a kind of high pitch squeel to acompany it on systems when gaming .. but not random ..

hopefully its just something as simple as a driver issue that is causing this or maybe just need to relax memory timings or something similar instead of it being due to hardware failure

maybe a bios update would help if one is available

[F]old|[H]ard

ThreeDee said:
how are your temps on both cpu and gpu?

have you tried running memtest ..?..if a bad memory chip , than that could cause seemingly random problems as it would only go goofy when a certain part of that certain bad chip was accessed ... just a possibility

can you run prim95 for 24 hours without errors? (excluding the lockup , unless thru heavy stress that you can consistantly trigger the lock ups)

I have experienced similar type of lock ups and a kind of high pitch squeel to acompany it on systems when gaming .. but not random ..

hopefully its just something as simple as a driver issue that is causing this or maybe just need to relax memory timings or something similar instead of it being due to hardware failure

maybe a bios update would help if one is available

[F]old|[H]ard

Its strange. I can be gaming for 2 hours without the A/C on and temps go very high in my Qpack. CPU gets to 50'C. And nothing will happen. Or, I can be listening to music and bowsing the net and it will happen. So, it doesnt appear to be a temp or oc issue. I'll run memtest, but not prime cause I dont believe in it.

Back