Sid Meier going to consoles...

Gigantism

Gawd
I heard this morning that the new Civ is going to be released on consoles only...
sigh...

Unless they're planning on including a mouse/keyboard combination with the game ... or perhaps radically alter the game's UI and design ... I really can't see Civilization going to a console.

Though that's where the real money is, that's for sure... what concrete details have you read, OP?

"Civilization Revolution has been designed and built (by the legendary Sid Meier and his team at Firaxis) from the ground up for console and handheld systems delivering graphics, gameplay and controls that take full advantage of the hugely popular gaming platforms."

http://www.civilizationrevolution.com/.

There is more, where they talked about the gameply being a little more fast paced, more immediate, more aggressive, etc...like more consolized really...
I will try to post more info on this...

Yeah, he's trying something different, this is a console only game. THeres a PC only version coming later as well. he hasn't GONE to consoles, he's doing both. Like any decent designer WOULD.

They are two different animals.

edit: This post is total FUD. There are a dozen interviews where he said he's doing it for variety.

Doing it for variety huh ? What a crock of Sh**

He is doing it to make money... just like everyone else. Dont be too shocked with the next PC version has a slightly consolish feel to the interface !! (but with better textures and higher res graphics)

He is doing it to make money... just like everyone else. Dont be too shocked with the next PC version has a slightly consolish feel to the interface !! (but with better textures and higher res graphics)

my thoughts too...

Hopefully this doesn't take away from the PC version.

Although, Civ on something like a DS could be pretty cool, I think. I guess it depends on how consolized the game gets. =\

A little late to the party are we? This game was announced nearly a year ago. Firaxis has been very open that Civ Revolutions is not Civ 5, and has heavily hinted that Civ 5 is already in the works and will still be PC only. Firaxis is not abandoning Civ on the PC, nor have they made any indication that it will be consolized. Hell, they just released a new Civ 4 expansion barely 6 months ago. Why don't we at least wait until there's actually something to complain about before we all start pissing and moaning?

yea and I THINK this one is just for the wii anyway. I could be wrong since I don't really follow Civ.

Civ Revolution is going to be on all three consoles and the DS I think. I hope the DS version is good because a portable Civ would be great.

Wait, you mean a business is trying to make money?
Say it isn't so!

If it gives them the budget to do bigger and better things with Civ 5, I hope they port it to every platform they can find; I just ask that they do a good job with the ports.

As long as that does not mean the death of the flagship product, I really don't care if they come out with a consolized version to appeal to that demographic. I rather them focus on a separate product line specifically for consoles and another for PC rather than trying to consolize the PC version.

Back