sick of my programmer having to pay paypal's fees

iansilv

Limp Gawd
I work wiht a really good guy in Poland,a nd I am trying to figure out a way to send him money without a huge fee being taken out o it. IS there anything other than paypal? It's just chapping my ass that they take sucha big cut. I was looking at ikobo, but it still looks like that will be a significant amount of fees too. Thoughts ayone?

Paypal personal accounts don't charge fees. Premiere and business accounts charge the recipient. Either way you aren't taking a hit...

Wait- I just upgraded to a premier account- why the heck did I do tht- Ithought it was better- but my pesonal account didnt charge a fee?

Wait- I just upgraded to a premier account- why the heck did I do tht- Ithought it was better- but my pesonal account didnt charge a fee?

No, he has to have a personal account if he does not want to pay a fee on received cash flow. However, it would have to be an e-check or instant transfer. If you are using your Credit card to send him money he will always pay and even then he can only accept like 5 credit card transfers a year for a total of $500.

Most major banks give you the ability to pay your bills (the client) for free using their bill pay. The client would receive a check in about a week and there wouldn't be any fees on either side since most bill pay features are free (at least with Bank of America).

cismajor97

Personal accounts have no fees, but cannot accept Credit Card payments.

That pretty much somes it up. You get nailed with a fee on everything if you upgrade to a premier or business account to be able to accept credit cards.

I don't think that's PayPal's fault either. CC companies get their cut, too.

I don't think that's PayPal's fault either. CC companies get their cut, too.

Ya, CC companies rates are actually more than Paypals rates (but they might give paypal a break cause of the vast number of transactions). So paypal makes up for the CC costs by the non-CC transactions that get charged, plus they have to make money somehow!

I'm not sure how much of a cut PayPal is taking, but most banks will charge $35-$45 for a wire transfer.
As long as his bank in Poland can accept USD's, if time is not an issue (2weeks prob), why not USPS air-mail it?

Just setup an ETF (wire transfer) thru your bank.

I know Bank of America facilitates doing the entire transaction online to setup the 'path' between accounts.

Back