Sick of huge mouse pads!

The reason I use the big ass version of this is not so I can use low sens settings. I use it because I can cover a good portion of my desk in a common material, and use my same settings anywhere on there. Gives me room to throw down other things (numpads, controllers, other mice for other computers), and never reshuffle my desk...just move my mouse over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-DdbLqm_Ao

I use pretty much my whole zowie G-TF for doing a 360 turn which is fast enough for slow paced games like bc2 css etc where you usually have to track targets that don't move that fast compared to QL warsow etc

For faster paced games i use about 30cm/360, like L4D2 or HL2DM, i always play on cloth pads because it just feels better, hard surfaces are usually too uncomfortable for my skin.

Oh all you guys who are talking shit about low sens players, i would love to see you try your hand in more complex slower paced games like cs 1.6 instead of CoD, in cs everybody who plays on a 10cm/360 because he's too lazy to move his mouse is doomed to be a scrub for eternity due to unforgiving recoil mechanics, especially if his NOT using his dominant hand for aiming like i've done for many years and still kick myself for doing so.

Yup, diff strokes for diff games.

I usually set my mouse up proper for windows, then use game settings accordingly.

Never failed me yet.

i use a QcK+ because Im a low sens gamer. I need that space for mah epic swipage

I usually set my mouse up proper for windows, then use game settings accordingly.

Never failed me yet.

Hey DavePars7, just curious, what do you mean by setting your mouse proper for windows?

Also to all you low sens players out there, I just want to say that I have absolutely nothing against your playing style. I use to be a low sens swiper myself. I just don't want to do it anymore. I just wanna chill at a higher sens and get my frags. It's all good. ;)

Lovin' my Xtracpads Ripper XXL 36"x18", although my KB sits over half of it lol. Multiplayer I do low sens, so much more accurate. That was my biggest requirement for a new desk, 36" pullout.

Hey DavePars7, just curious, what do you mean by setting your mouse proper for windows?

Also to all you low sens players out there, I just want to say that I have absolutely nothing against your playing style. I use to be a low sens swiper myself. I just don't want to do it anymore. I just wanna chill at a higher sens and get my frags. It's all good. ;)

hate high sens, I just get the feeling of too twitchy, and zero control. I mean UT2k4 is a fast paced twitch shooter and I was damn good at that with my low sens, i had good control of the lightning gun and shock primary, also made it easier to hit moving combos etc

different strokes though

Lovin' my Xtracpads Ripper XXL 36"x18", although my KB sits over half of it lol. Multiplayer I do low sens, so much more accurate. That was my biggest requirement for a new desk, 36" pullout.

I actually liked the idea of having one long pad that I could set my keyboard on and still have mousing surface leftover at the end. :) How much pad is left after you set your keyboard on it, BeavermanA? :cool:

hate high sens, I just get the feeling of too twitchy, and zero control. I mean UT2k4 is a fast paced twitch shooter and I was damn good at that with my low sens, i had good control of the lightning gun and shock primary, also made it easier to hit moving combos etc

different strokes though

Truly is different strokes. Actually UT2k4 is where I learned how to play low sens, and truthfully, I'm not that far away from being low sens.....I'm just high enough to play on a smaller mouse pad: Steelseries Qck 10x12 roughly. I still play UT2004 nightly with my gaming clan. That's still one of the hardest fps you will every play. It takes a high degree of skill to be good. Sorry for the hijack...lol.:D

Looking down at my desk tight now, I have about less than 6 inches between the side of my keyboard and a some random junk on my desk. In that space is my mouse. I have been playing a couple of games most of the night and haven't bumped the mouse into the keyboard or the junk.

Now you people got me looking at it, I don't even move my arm when I game. Its all wrist and finger movement :eek:

I hereby commission the production of a deskpad.

the deskpad shall cover the entire surface of a desk, including the sides and under carriage, no surface shall be allowed to go sans a mousepad surface.

It shall be called, the Prozac1964

whats the difference between high sens and low sens? how does one know which mouse pad is which?

Well people get all crazy with DPI settings and someone else goes to use thier comp and freaks out because the pointer flys across the screen at warp speed just to click on a damn icon.

Just leave the DPI alone and adjust mouse speed in game settings.

UT3? Ultra sharp
BF/CS? Ultra low

Also? If you need a half acre of space for your mouse?

Your doing it wrong.

It's rude as shit as LANs.

No mouse pad is the best :D just a smooth sheet of polished wood. Makes my mousepad about 36"x15". I use about 3"x3", but still. Play some defrag.

But it's a personal thing. Damnit I miss those black glass pads...

I hereby commission the production of a deskpad.

the deskpad shall cover the entire surface of a desk, including the sides and under carriage, no surface shall be allowed to go sans a mousepad surface.

It shall be called, the Prozac1964

LOL! Epic....let me know when the commission has been fulfilled...I definitely want one!

Also? If you need a half acre of space for your mouse?

Your doing it wrong.

It's rude as shit as LANs.

Thanks Dave for the info, and I agree: a half acre------>doing it wrong. ;)

Make the switch to trackballs then. I couldn't dream of ever going back to standard mice, even for gaming.

are quality trackballs even available? i used to love gaming with them, then they just disappeared.

maybe i was looking in the wrong places. i'd spend some serious money on a hig quality, customizable one.

I hate big mousepads too and there arent that many of the small ones. but which is better low sens or high sens?

I hate big mousepads too and there arent that many of the small ones. but which is better low sens or high sens?

Well in general, large pads are for low sens, and small pads are for high sens. If your wondering about brands: Steelseries, Xtrac, and Razer come to mind for quality pads. I personally like Steelseries best, but the other companies make great ones too.

As far as the actual surface, plastic, metal, glass or cloth that's really a matter of preference and something you'll just have to try out yourself. :)

Its well known that using a good mouse surface = better precision. I used to just use the surface of my desk until I got a good solid mousepad. I'll never go back to just using my desk.

Same here, I didn't know the difference until I bought the Ratpadz and stopped using my desk.

I actually liked the idea of having one long pad that I could set my keyboard on and still have mousing surface leftover at the end. :) How much pad is left after you set your keyboard on it, BeavermanA? :cool:

About 16" wide x 12" high. I'm using the G19 KB, so with a regular sized KB you'd get around 18" wide, and possibly more height depending on what desk/table/etc. you're using. About 6" hangs off the back of my pullout. Need to take it to work and slice it with a paper cutter or something lol.

About 16" wide x 12" high. I'm using the G19 KB, so with a regular sized KB you'd get around 18" wide, and possibly more height depending on what desk/table/etc. you're using. About 6" hangs off the back of my pullout. Need to take it to work and slice it with a paper cutter or something lol.

LOL modify that sucker. I got a Filco Majestouch Linear NKRO keyboard, it's about 17.5 inches. Now that's something I love: it's like having fingergasms! :eek::D

I use a 11"x17" pad so that my arm rests on the pad and that there is no chance that my mouse hits the edge of the pad.
game-setup2.jpg

Back