SI-97A, DFI Ultra B & Lian Li v1000 plus

xternal

Weaksauce
After installing the si-97a heatsink on the dfi nf2 ultra b mobo and then put in its new home (lian li v1000 plus) I came across a problem. The heatsink fits in there really snug but theres an even bigger problem, I had to take the 120mm fan out of the back so now there is no airflow on the back end, is there a replacement 120mm slim fan (not sure what its called) that I can put in place of the normal size 120mm fan? If so can someone recommend one. Thanks!

I have the simple solution for you and its a beauty. I have a LianLi v2000 case...same setup, just bigger. On the lower 120mm fan, take it out and you'll notice there is a grill that holds the filter.......remove that, because its not absolutely needed. Now on the upper-rear fan simply mount it to the back of the case (either push or pull,whichever you want). Those cases have that deflector housing on the back of the case that slides into 4 notches to lock it in......so does that front filter housing....just slide that black filter housing into the notches from inside the case. The result is much more room and a very clean look using no aftermarket pieces. I sleeved the fan wires black and made the connection easily since it is right there near the PSU. *glad to see my hardware has found a good home....:)

Back