Shuttle XPC Barebone SH61R4 integrated graphics not working.

455olds

Gawd
I can only get bios screen to show up if I am using a video card,cant get onboard video to work. Not sure if I overlooked something? Maybe the Integrated graphics on this cpu(Pentium G860) is not compatable with my chipset (Intel H61)?

I tried setting bios to onboard and nothing happens. After I reboot it switches back to pcie video on its own.
I couldn't find any bios updates newer than the version I have.
This is the system http://www.shuttle.eu/fileadmin/resources/download/docs/spec/barebones/SH61R4_e.pdf

This is my cpu Intel Pentium G860 Sandy Bridge Dual-Core 3.0 GHz LGA 1155 65W BX80623G860 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116405

What motherboard do you have? What video port on the motherboard are you connecting the monitor to? H61 does support the Intel HD Graphics on that G860 CPU.

Most likely it sounds like a motherboard issue. Highly unlikely the CPU is bad.

What motherboard do you have? What video port on the motherboard are you connecting the monitor to? H61 does support the Intel HD Graphics on that G860 CPU.

Most likely it sounds like a motherboard issue. Highly unlikely the CPU is bad.

I tried both the onboard dvi ports. It its the stock motherboard for the Shuttle XPC SH61R4 barebone kit. It is the version 1 motherboard ( fh61 v1.0 )

I did try different monitors and cables,replacing battery and clear cmos.

I got another computer from the same guy and that one has no onboard display either. I tried all the ports different monitors and cables.
The other computer is a Think Center m78
He must have had a surge or bad monitor or something.

There might be a setting in the bios to force display to pcie card, you should be able to set that to auto or onboard.

I tried that. I changed it to onboard hit save but no display. After reboot it did doesn't save,its back on pcie.

Do you have a GPU in the PCIe slot when you're doing this the whole time?

Yes, just enough to change setting in bios. I shut it down pulled it out and rebooted and no onboard display.

Very, very weird. Especially since it's happening across two units.

As you can see here and here. H61 supports the onboard GPU and can even support up to two displays at once.

The G860 has an iGPU and it works with H61.

However, after looking up the Shuttle XPC Barebone SH61R4 here. It states that onboard graphics are supported by i3/i5/i7 processors. It does not list Pentium processors.

I would contact Shuttle support and ask them directly.

Good info thanks. I'll check into it and report back.

I got more info on the other computer. He said he was installing ram and it stopped working.

I sent them a message but not sure if they will reply to me without the original invoice number. A friend of mine gave me the system.

*Edit*
What is the cheapest video card for this system if I can't get onboard to work? Is a x300 too slow for this system,for web browsing? I have a extra one I would like to put in it.

Ask friend if they have the invoice number. If they ordered it on Amazon or Newegg then chances are it's saved on their site for easy retrieval.

What is the cheapest video card for this system if I can't get onboard to work? Is a x300 too slow for this system,for web browsing? I have a extra one I would like to put in it.

An X300 will struggle with Flash/HTML5. Consider a cheap, recent card - the Geforce GT 610 and Radeon 5450 are good entry level cards for what you're describing.

Back