Shuttle SN85g4 Cool'n'Quiet

Bullitt

2[H]4U
Does this thing do "Cool'n'Quiet" or does it rely on the shuttle fan to do the work?

Mine is running great, but a throttled proccie would make it even better.

"cool'n'quiet" is purely an a processor thing. You need to go get the driver from AMD, and setup windows to run as if it were a laptop. Windows generally won't do this "out of the box" for an SFF, but it is simple enough. Linux has all this built into the kernel and will do it by itself. I am running Gentoo on a SN95g5 (which requires a few more tweaks), and the processor scales between 50% - 100%.

traetox said:
"cool'n'quiet" is purely an a processor thing. You need to go get the driver from AMD, and setup windows to run as if it were a laptop. Windows generally won't do this "out of the box" for an SFF, but it is simple enough. Linux has all this built into the kernel and will do it by itself. I am running Gentoo on a SN95g5 (which requires a few more tweaks), and the processor scales between 50% - 100%.

Hrm, I've done all that, proccie driver and power management set to "Minimal Power Management" but speed shows 2.4ghz at all times. I was checking to see if I missed anything.

Back