Show your sleeving!

Modder

Gawd
I have done a pretty lengthy search here on [H] looking for a sleeving gallery. One doesn't seem to exist. I see a lot of sleeving pics on other forums but not too much on [H] so let's see it!

Please excuse the crappy phone pics

Here's a few pics of my rig and it's sleeving....Didn't have all of my sleeved sata cables in yet in these.

Sleeved006.jpg

Sleeved002.jpg
Sleeved001.jpg

Here's some pics of the first sata sleeving I did. The green is in a different build I'll post pics of later..
Sleeved003.jpg
Sleeved004.jpg

Sleeved005.jpg

Sleeved008.jpg

Sleeved009.jpg

Last edited:
I am with you on this - I love the beauty sleeved cables bring when done right. Love your SATA cables, I know what a PITA they can be to do, well done and bravo to you on them all!!!!!!

Can I play too? I am planning a new set this year, but here are mine from the previous build.

img4342w.jpg

056hb.jpg

066yw.jpg

092b.jpg

frankinsidetopdown.jpg

Last edited:
I really like how you stitched Frank's sleeving together. I may steal that idea next time I mess with my rigs wiring :D

I really like how you stitched Frank's sleeving together. I may steal that idea next time I mess with my rigs wiring :D

Thank you, I have received many comments on the sewing aspect of my custom cables, apparently this was a unique touch and I was happy to share with others how I did it. Check out my YouTube channel - I did a 4 video series on how to sew them.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La6LbgnZJco&list=UUBmFU2oHnSX6oui3BC6R3rw&index=18

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anpOLg5e3HM&list=UUBmFU2oHnSX6oui3BC6R3rw

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Qukw_OnSk&list=UUBmFU2oHnSX6oui3BC6R3rw

Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4YR_WCCcTg&list=UUBmFU2oHnSX6oui3BC6R3rw

Good luck with it - but be prepared, it takes about 45 minutes per row on a 24-pin.

I've personally never seen sleeving that beats what was done on the Frank N Stein build.

The problem I have with some of the individually-sleeved work I've seen is that the bundles are loose and interrupt airflow worse than regular cables.

Stitching them together is the ultimate solution to this - it keeps the aesthetic beauty of sleeving but also takes into account the importance of unobstructed airflow inside the computer case.

Not all unstitched sleeving builds have this issue to the same level - if the cables are neat, tight, and mostly parallel.

For those of us without side windows or the time/skills/funds for sleeving, many modern PSU cables are extremely well designed for tidy routing and appearance.

My favorite trend is when a PSU manufacturer has used all-black cables instead of the brightly colored individual cables wrapped in a loose-weave sleeve that really hides nothing.

Standard PSU cables have a couple advantages - they are cheap (duh!) and functionally, they are relatively small in total cable bundle diameter.

This does help for efficient airflow management, especially inside a smaller PC housing.

*******************************************************************************************************

The above is not to detract from the hard work, incredible detail, planning, skill, time, and money people have put into creating really stunning custom builds with individual sleeving.

I have a lot of respect for them and greatly enjoy browsing through their work.

I just don't want to detract from a functional (if somewhat plain in appearance) build that uses a good quality PSU and stock cables.

Primarily, my hope is that more PSU manufacturers will move towards the all-black cabling & sleeving look. Nothing is more distracting than having everything look and function great and then right after the heatshrink ends there is a burst of ugly multi-colored wires flaring out to the connector!

This pet peeve of mine includes the continued lack of an all-black internal optical drive. It's the last ugly thing left inside of a computer case. Some of them still have beige plastic panels visible from the back! Is anything else left that still uses beige plastic?

I'll play of course! Just have to finish the one I'm working on now and figure out how to use this light box lol. I'm new to photography so most of my pictures are terrible.

I've previously seen the stitched cables on Youtube prior to you just posting them. Well done! What if you were to use a different color thread to accent or contrast the main colors? e.g, gray stitching?

Here's a teaser of the one we are working on now.

IMG_1472_zpscb7d8ce3.jpg

IMG_1471_zps8585131f.jpg

IMG_1470_zps5a0db00d.jpg

IMG_1469_zps43cc0ffe.jpg

Last edited:
I've personally never seen sleeving that beats what was done on the Frank N Stein build.

Well thank you, I don't know what to say in repsonse to that,except please do not let that stop others from posting. I love the beauty and colors people do with their sleeved cables. Lose, flat, doesn't matter to me, I love clean beautiful builds. Those who sleeve their cables have a pride that exceeds most system builders becuase it really is a serious investment into your gear to beautify and clean it up. I promise that once someone has sleeved their system, those are the rigs that remain dust free and their pride and joy. There is something to say about taking a build to the next level and once done, there is no turning back. It is something that store bought sleeved cables can never give to a builder. I say DIY or just don't............

Well thank you, I don't know what to say in repsonse to that,except please do not let that stop others from posting. I love the beauty and colors people do with their sleeved cables. Lose, flat, doesn't matter to me, I love clean beautiful builds. Those who sleeve their cables have a pride that exceeds most system builders becuase it really is a serious investment into your gear to beautify and clean it up. I promise that once someone has sleeved their system, those are the rigs that remain dust free and their pride and joy. There is something to say about taking a build to the next level and once done, there is no turning back. It is something that store bought sleeved cables can never give to a builder. I say DIY or just don't............

I hear you, hence the disclaimer at the end - there is a lot of awesome sleeving being done out there. As far as well-designed factory cables - I wasn't refering to pre-made extensions, but to the cables that are coming stock with a few of the newest premium PSUs out there. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come!

Looking forward to more shots of prime custom modded cables in this thread, everyone...

OMG, OMG, your cases make mine look like crap. only thing close to sleeving in my case is pushing all the cables to one side and using twisty-ties to keep them there. my case looks like a noodle bowl. granted cables are pushed aside to not obstruct airflow but nothing like these examples. goodness, i need to look into this! wow, talk about taking it to another level.

I know there are more people with sleeved cables out there, where are you all at? Keep this thread alive!

Seems as though [H] is a little behind the curve on case modding and sleeving. I will be posting more tonight as we finish up the Sata power cables for the strider 750 we are finishing. Life has been crazy this week so we are just finally finishing. Let me be the first to admit that Sata power cables SUCK

It's amazing how much nicer a rig looks when sleeving is done right combined with good cable management.

i think the 'The1stCAV's' sleeving is the most epic display of OCD. i've only seen a few case mods with the same attention to detail to cable sleeving/management.

for shits and giggles, here's a couple i've worked on.
the ATX 24pin power cable for my Seasonic Platinum 1000watt. Seasonic ATX cables are a bitch to sleeve. 24pins on MB side, 28pins PSU side thus a few wires split which is a nightmare to sleeve.
modpic615.jpg

cabling in old thermaltake mozart case. never fully completed (95% done), ran into space issues in mozart case.
modpic667.jpg

modpic669.jpg

modpic670.jpg

modpic675.jpg

to remedy problems with mozart case, decided to bolt 2 Lian Li PC-60's together to make a double-wide case.
the jungle before cable-routing.
LianLi_Dual_mod_0211.jpg

after a bit of cable management...
LianLi_Dual_mod_0237.jpg

LianLi_Dual_mod_0239.jpg

LianLi_Dual_mod_0245.jpg

still not 100% complete, there are a couple of power cables (MOLEX & SATA leads) not fully sleeved. hopefully i'll have time sort over weekend/early next week.

Nice stylish bundles.
Looks much better than my corsair shit.
Also, nice to see some full high end amd love. And Noctua of course.

Frank, what kind of sleeving are you using?

MDPC baby - is there really any other kind? :eek: Seriously? :D

Hey, I'm curious. How do you tie the cables together like that?

See post: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1039502160&postcount=5

What is that red mesh at the bottom of this picture? was that how your case came or is that some kind of mod I can add?

A.C. Ryan Modders Mesh purchased at Performance PC's, painted red then installed in the bottom of the Corsair 800D.

Keep those sleeving pictures coming - OMG I cannot wait to join in once I get into the new case for "Frank N Stein's 2013 Upgrade"............its all going to be 100% custom sleeved everything, cut to specific lengths, etc - it will be more epic than the initial sewing I did.

To answer someone elses comment I read about doing a contracting thread color that compliments the two primaries I am using, and the answer is yes, I actually am considering doing silver I think this time around as much of Frank is Black, Red and Silver. I also plan on doing the coloring different instead of the two red racing stripes this time around.

Feed the need for more custom sleeving pics...................bring them on!

i think the 'The1stCAV's' sleeving is the most epic display of OCD. i've only seen a few case mods with the same attention to detail to cable sleeving/management.
still not 100% complete, there are a couple of power cables (MOLEX & SATA leads) not fully sleeved. hopefully i'll have time sort over weekend/early next week.
Gracias amigo - yeah, some serious OCD that never stops............I hope to outdo this time around.

Bravo on the fully sleeved quest you are on - looking awesome! I gotta say, well done on the choice to drop in QDC's where you did, I for one know how important those placements are and they can really make maintenance on a watercooled system much easier. Great job man, would always love to see more..........

Gracias amigo - yeah, some serious OCD that never stops............I hope to outdo this time around.

Bravo on the fully sleeved quest you are on - looking awesome! I gotta say, well done on the choice to drop in QDC's where you did, I for one know how important those placements are and they can really make maintenance on a watercooled system much easier. Great job man, would always love to see more..........

i don't doubt you'll find a way to out-do yourself.

i keep thinking sleeving is a bit of a fad but damn if it doesn't make the MB bay that much 'prettier' to look at. personally i like to see the sleeving/cable-management behind the MB tray. if someones gone to town on sleeving & tidying up the less visible areas, you know they've got an extra special dose of OCD to deal with.

cheers on the kind comments, i do try but my case modding ability is tempered by equal measures of OCD + lazy. for example i've been hitting up the forums quiet a bit over the last few days, purely an avoidance tactic. we've got a long weekend this week (australia day) and i've got 2 cases to work on;

Lian Li Dual PC-60 Worklog
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1709761
Lian Li PC-71 Worklog
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1686155

kinda dreading working on the 'Lian Li Dual PC-60' as it requires an almost complete dissassembly just to install 5 extra fans on radiators currently running passive.

good eye on the KL QDC's. the placement is to enable pulling each of the 3 waterblocks without draining the entire loop (lazy thinking has its perks). not going to do much good this time around as i'll be replacing most of the older VL4N's with the newer QD4's i ordered form KL earlier this week.

almost finished the cabling on my PC-71, probably post pics on that sometime this weekend as well.

Here is my

very tidy, good to see no sleeved extensions (cheating in my book) cables there. not a huge fan of floor mounted PSU's mainly b/c it generally looks a bit untidy. why i favour double wide cases where the PSU is mounted in a separate bay (behind MB tray). despite the floor mount in your case, looks pretty good to me.

one criticism tho, you missed sleeving the wires for the front mounted switches/LEDs (power switch/LED, reset switch, HD LED).

Nice stylish bundles.
Looks much better than my corsair shit.
Also, nice to see some full high end amd love. And Noctua of course.

cheers brother.

the corsair sleeved cables aren't that bad, PSU sleeving has come a long way and corsair (re-branded seasonic units) offers the best 'stock' sleeving of any PSU manufacturer.

custom sleeving just looks better tho. the only problem, custom sleeving every wire on a PSU is incredibly TEDIOUS. whenever i sleeve my cables i'm always thinking... masturbating with a hammer & a chisel would be more enjoyable.

yeah AMD rigs really don't get a lot of love in the case mod scene which is a shame.

didn't have much choice in regard to the noctua fans. couldn't get any other decent quailty PWM fans at the time. nice fans, bloody awful colours.

some more sleeving pics.

the detachable front switches & LEDs module from a early Lian Li case.
PC-71_modpic006_2.jpg

PC-71 pre mod..
PC-71_modpic010.jpg
PC-71_modpic012_1.jpg

PC-71 post mod..
the PSU was the 1st one i ever sleeved. the sleeve i used was shit (thin weave, standard techflex 3mm sleeve), still case cable management a lot better than pre-mod case.
PC-71_modpic051.jpg
PC-71_modpic057.jpg

PC-71_modpic059.jpg

You can tell that was back in the day when nobody cared about color bleed-through. Nicely done!

Here's some more stuff I'm currently working on for someone.

IMG_0148_zps8b8a5b12.jpg

IMG_0149_zps39e227f4.jpg

IMG_0150_zps0e99e670.jpg

IMG_0151_zpsd0b66c13.jpg

IMG_0152_zps075fe944.jpg

IMG_0153_zps5417f000.jpg

IMG_0155_zpsd4546618.jpg

MaxModsROG24_zpse3ed9419.jpg

Last edited:
Back