Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

what is the large black box on the bottom right?

That's one of my vmware servers. That's my little prod box built with Xeon® E3-1265L v3 and 32gb ram.

the dev vmware server isn't in the picture as its off the left side of the desk.
Dev build out link incase your interested --> Intel S2600CP w/ Intel P4000 Case

Laptop is alienware 17 r3 with i7 6820hq / 32GB ram / dual sm951 m2 drives raid 0 / 980M. Waiting for 1080GTX to be available to add to Alienware Graphics Amplifier which is sitting behind the laptop.

That's one of my vmware servers.

I went wild on the same side and put up an amd 8 cores with 32gb. When I noticed the mobo (asus m5a97 usb3) raid controller wasn't recognized by free esxi, I got a used dell perc raid h700 on ebay, and an icy dock full of 1tb wd green. Trying to put a pci 1x pro 1000 pt network card way too long the motherboard fried while I was looking at the raid setup :-/ ....... To be continued.

Nice display setup. Needs a better desk to fit them .

i removed the 30" dell leaving the 3x 34" wides so it feels better
Ux3ff9Y.jpg

Swapped the Samsung for a true gaming monitor.
Ncase powers the Predator and the 750D handles the Dell. 1680x1050 is a little under-kill for a Titan X haha.
IMG_2983.JPG

Last edited:
pristine1 - How do you like the setup? I'm looking at the same TV to replace 3 x24" HPs

I love it! Took a few days to adjust to the massive size, but there is no going back to anything smaller now. I'd definitely recommend ditching the stock TV stand and getting a different mount to make it as low as possible. Having it a few inches lower helped tremendously with neck strain from looking up.

Amazon.com: Universal TV Stand / Base + Mount for 32" - 60" Flat-Screen Televisions by Pro Signal: Home Audio & Theater

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I love it! Took a few days to adjust to the massive size, but there is no going back to anything smaller now. I'd definitely recommend ditching the stock TV stand and getting a different mount to make it as low as possible. Having it a few inches lower helped tremendously with neck strain from looking up.

Amazon.com: Universal TV Stand / Base + Mount for 32" - 60" Flat-Screen Televisions by Pro Signal: Home Audio & Theater

Thank you. What do you use for window management?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That's one of my vmware servers. That's my little prod box built with Xeon® E3-1265L v3 and 32gb ram.

the dev vmware server isn't in the picture as its off the left side of the desk.

Hello,

I am going trough somewhat the same build, and finally managed to have it up and running. One thing I noticed using ASUS M5A97 as motherboard,
it lacks of standard sensors for esxi monitoring like temps. Did you solve the issue or just let it go ? Is there some driver around that I can embed to get the data in the health monitoring ? Google wasn't my friend... :-/

Hello,

I am going trough somewhat the same build, and finally managed to have it up and running. One thing I noticed using ASUS M5A97 as motherboard,
it lacks of standard sensors for esxi monitoring like temps. Did you solve the issue or just let it go ? Is there some driver around that I can embed to get the data in the health monitoring ? Google wasn't my friend... :-/

I'm using a SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SL7-F-O uATX Server Motherboard so its built to have all the sensors and such for ESXI. Biggest issue is the fans are so low RPM i had to disable the alerting in ESXI for them.
For my past server it was using a consumer AMD Motherboard and honestly i didnt care about the sensors snice i knew the build had enough cooling etc.

Not the best pic but here's my upgraded desk and monitor. I went with a 34" ultrawide. The Ikea desk i picked up on craigslist. Better construction and cheaper than anything I could have found at one of the big box office stores.

Attachments

• IMG_20160719_031346.jpg
    IMG_20160719_031346.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 295
My dual gaming rig on the left.. Work iMacs on the right... Only use second one for a display.

Attachments

• playandwork.jpg
    playandwork.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 261
I just upgraded to an Acer Predator XB271HK and I'm really digging 4K. The much needed Windows scaling at 150% is a drag with some app/websites, but games look absolutely amazing on this thing!

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

...and here is my ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q, which has been placed in the corner until I can find a use for it.
IMG_0376.JPG

Last edited:
Sky2.jpg

My sanctuary.

Main screen: Crossover 404K 40" VA 2160p
Satellites: AOC 21" IPS 1080p
TV: Soniq cheapo 48" VA 1080p

I am looking for two side monitors to my 40" panel for a PLP setup too. Do the verticals 21" match the same height? Or do you think a 23" would be better?

Very nice setup, btw.

I am looking for two side monitors to my 40" panel for a PLP setup too. Do the verticals 21" match the same height? Or do you think a 23" would be better?

Very nice setup, btw.

21.5" is the way to go, the 4K is slightly larger vertically by a centimeter or so, but on my setup, the bezel of the 21.5" overhangs the 40" a tiny bit.

I just upgraded to an Acer Predator XB271HK and I'm really digging 4K. The much needed Windows scaling at 150% is a drag with some app/websites, but games look absolutely amazing on this thing!

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

...and here is my ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q, which has been placed in the corner until I can find a use for it.
IMG_0376.JPG
SOOOOOOOOOOOO are you sponsored by Razer?

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG
144 Hz -> 60 Hz upgrade?

144 Hz -> 60 Hz upgrade?

While I agree to an extent, I feel that the move from TN to IPS, along with the jump in resolution is in fact an upgrade. Of course, I am still trying to get used to the move from 144Hz, but all the games I've played still look good at 60Hz with G-Sync.

image.jpeg
I've been wanting a multiple monitor set up for my home for years, but always thought it'd be "too expensive" or "too difficult to set up". I was wrong on both of those. Here's my "work in progress" with two 24" monitors on either side of my laptop on my desk, with blue LED lights.
Just got a new monitor, 29in LG 29UM67:
4kmv2LI.jpg

Please dont mind my filthy torn/ripped up desk surface, if it aint broke, dont fix it, It has been through good and bad times with me, got it for free(It had a complete covered surface back then), its very sturdy, But is possibly my next upgrade later this year to buy a new desk.

View attachment 5992 I've been wanting a multiple monitor set up for my home for years, but always thought it'd be "too expensive" or "too difficult to set up". I was wrong on both of those. Here's my "work in progress" with two 24" monitors on either side of my laptop on my desk, with blue LED lights.
Hell of a first post noobie! I like what you have going on there.

I hooked up my old Alesis monitors to the garage system. They look a bit too big for the setup, honestly.
View attachment 4526

Do you have room side of the monitor to put they more far ? What amplifier you using ?

Can't recall if you use one or attach the speakers directly to the pc however with such speakers you would take advantage of an amplifier, what brand and model are those speakers if you don't mind me asking, just wondering. I like to put togheter the best match where I can

Do you have room side of the monitor to put they more far ? What amplifier you using ?

Can't recall if you use one or attach the speakers directly to the pc however with such speakers you would take advantage of an amplifier, what brand and model are those speakers if you don't mind me asking, just wondering. I like to put togheter the best match where I can

I can move them over maybe 6" but I like them where they are at since it's almost a perfect triangle.

they are Alesis M1 Active MK2 powered monitors so no external amp is required, each monitor has a 25 watt and 75 watt amp inside.
Alesis M1Active MKII

IMG_0366.JPG

They were upstairs on my other machine but I don't use that machine much, recently sold it and bought an intel server to use as file server,

this is what it looked like with the speakers upstairs,
desk black.jpg

40" 1080p Samsung LN40A550 bought right at the start of 2009, been using it as a monitor for the past 7.5 years. It was used as a TV for a couple years from 2012-2014 because it ended up being the biggest TV we had. After we bought a new 55", this Samsung went back to being my monitor. I tried using my old 22" 1080p monitor a couple times, it always failed. Once HDR TVs trickle down to 40" I'll get a new 4K HDR one as a monitor upgrade.

DSC04732.jpg

Below is the setup that I just recently put together...it shows the before and after pictures.

As you will see, it is five 22" Dell's in portrait mode using an AMD/ATI 5750, and the top two are two 24" ultra-sharp Dell's being driven by a 5700 series card

2012-06-03_15-29-16_502.jpg

2012-06-03_18-10-33_19.jpg

2012-06-08_23-01-36_493.jpg

8/8/16 - yep it has been a while since I posted here. But wanted to see if anyone would like me to share a link to this setup, as I have it up for sale at this time? If interested, please send me a PM for details

i really like the look of the NEC displays with the black shiny bezel, they're slick

We use NEC at my work to do graphic work it's the MultiSync P241W, is this the bezel one you were talking about? Or is it a newer model? I'm generally a Mac user, so I've been pleasantly surprised with these monitors and the windows system:). Although Windows 10 has caused a few hiccups here and there in our system, but that's to be expected.

Here's my PC setup:

DSC01542_zps8q91jp7b.jpg
Looks like a nice setup. How are you dealing with things as far as text size & icons etc. in windows being so tiny? I imagine you must be using scaling unless you are a cyborg. Just wonder how it is working out as even 1440 on a 27" was at my limit without using scaling.

Looks like a nice setup. How are you dealing with things as far as text size & icons etc. in windows being so tiny? I imagine you must be using scaling unless you are a cyborg. Just wonder how it is working out as even 1440 on a 27" was at my limit without using scaling.

Thanks. The scaling is great at 150%. I have a 27" 2560x1440 monitor (not pictured) in my other home office and it has the same scaling.

Back